Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    It's a great idea. Could someone steal the design off this public forum and patent it themself? Sounds like something a company would definitely do.

Quote Originally Posted by bean View Post
    Patent it and license it to ski boot manufacturers.
    Too busy skiing .

In other news, some v3 protos have been made, and we’re making a slightly different proto this week.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4AF969F9-F084-417D-8402-DE377DF8B8B8.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	535.1 KB 
ID:	392109

V3.0 has a lower profile, and we’ve added a ‘foot’ to further enforce perpendicularity to boot shell.

Name:	7467902C-B511-46A9-8D5D-130308C9D978.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	509.3 KB 
ID:	392110
    Will probably not use the thinner bar design you see here if you look closely at where the Velcro loops around.

Haven’t skied V3.0 yet but works great at home. . We will have a website for purchase soon once we finalize mfg details.

Mfg run (100 pairs I think) will be anodized. Need to pick a single color. Maybe orange? Or light blue? Or just black.

I don't even own Scarpa boots, but I'm hoping to get new boots soon and F1 LTs are on the top of the list so I'll be grabbing a pair of these just in case...

Cool thx. BTW It’s not Scarpa F1 or F1LT specific. Should work fine with Movement Free Tour (and similar Hagans) , Movement Carbon Pro, La Sportiva Skorpius, Roxa RX and R3 boots…..

I can’t change the thread title on my mobile device last I checked.

How hard is it to snap off the thin tab on the v3 prototype? The strap cam can generate a lot of force. Adding a 45 degree fillet on the back side of the tab would add a lot of support. Digging the new foot design, and the clearanced strap bar that allows the foot to rest flat against the boot cuff.

Clear or light grey anodizing would look good on any color boot.

Quote Originally Posted by DBLux View Post
    I would also like to order a pair, especially if you could post them to Canada before end of July?
    If possible I would like to buy 2 sets.

Oil slick or 3d violet!
    I might have a V1 for sale when these are done .. With the rivets
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Cool thx. BTW It’s not Scarpa F1 or F1LT specific. Should work fine with Movement Free Tour (and similar Hagans) , Movement Carbon Pro, La Sportiva Skorpius, Roxa RX and R3 boots…..

This ^, I want to try a pair in the Hagan (Roxa) boot

Quote Originally Posted by 1000-oaks View Post
    How hard is it to snap off the thin tab on the v3 prototype? The strap cam can generate a lot of force. Adding a 45 degree fillet on the back side of the tab would add a lot of support. Digging the new foot design, and the clearanced strap bar that allows the foot to rest flat against the boot cuff.

Clear or light grey anodizing would look good on any color boot.
    V3 protos were machined from available T section aluminum, which dictates the engagement tab thickness. Light weight and a minimal bulk design were targeted. We are playing around with final dimensions but I suspect the 5 or so raw aluminum protos about to be tested will be strong enough.

If any V1.0 original gangster owners are already skiing several days a week, PM me & I’ll try to send you a raw proto v3.0 so you can help us test.

PM'd. We're skiing in Utah.

I will preface this by saying I have the F1 LT with the buckle mod and the mod works perfectly for me there, the Scarpa buckle has a lot of throw. I have a pair of Roxa RX and the buckle mod doesn't work for me with those boots. I have skinny legs and run the velcro strap at the "5" tightness level. The buckle on the Roxa doesn't have enough throw to reach the mod buckle attachment at my desired tightness level. It would probably work fine on the Roxa if you don't run the strap as tight as I do. I will also add that my legs are so skinny I can only use infinitely-adjustable velcro buckle skimo boots because none of the others can get tight enough in the calf, so this might just be a problem for me.

Interesting. FWIW there was a Roxa user last spring who said the strap off worked fine, but I see what you’re saying re: skinny calves.

Btw I found this amusing (from outdoor gear lab):

Name:  83D741AF-A118-434A-A93D-6D91472327ED.jpeg
Views: 713
Size:  507.9 KB

black or light blue!

Interesting. Btw I found this amusing (from outdoor gear lab):
    haha, they are right. And not the only ones to notice. saw this "mod" on another site, prefer yours
    Name:  P1070011-770x515.jpg
Views: 720
Size:  76.8 KB
    Last edited by tomh79; 11-11-2021 at 12:11 PM. Reason: cleaning

Quote Originally Posted by tomh79 View Post
    haha, they are right. And not the only ones to notice. saw this "mod" on another site, prefer yours
    Name:  P1070011-770x515.jpg
Views: 720
Size:  76.8 KB
    That is so fking heinous.

I had icing in the channel yesterday after a booter and a lot of skiing that stopped the latch from tightening. Few seconds of scrubbing with my fingers and it cleared out. I had an ice scraper too that I didn't need to use.

Name:	20211111_145611.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	1.02 MB 
ID:	392471

F1 mod, yes please

Hey
    I should have picked these up last year. Any chance there will be another batch. I would like a pair please for my Scarpa F1.
    thanks

F1 Scarpa Mod

if more are made please let us know how to purchase. If you have a link to a website please let us know

Quote Originally Posted by Lucho222 View Post
    Hey
    I should have picked these up last year. Any chance there will be another batch. I would like a pair please for my Scarpa F1.
    thanks

My mfg friend is working on getting these on a website.

I'm super late to the party, but just bought a pair of F1 LTs and would be in for a pair when there's another batch.

My mfg friend is working on getting these on a website.
    great! hope you ship to Europe...but I think shouldn't be a problem with items this small.

With a new pair of F1, I will be ready to order a set of these once the new website is up and running!

Update: we are getting ready to trigger a manufacturing run of 100 pairs. It’ll be version 3.1, very similar to the V3.0 proto in the pic above but probably with a thicker tab (the protrusion that engages with the buckle).

One anodized color for this mfg run — probably Black, but we could go Orange instead (matches the F1 LT) if you guys prefer.

With packaging it’ll be $US 35. Obviously not a big profit lol but I’d like the guy making this all happen at least get a few bucks for his time and effort. He’s working on a preorder solution for you—I’ll post the link here—and he’d like to get the mfg rolling soon.

Shipping to Europe will cost more but I don’t see an issue there given the light weight. BTW V3.0 weighs just 8 grams each.

Thanks for the update!
    I <heart> hot tele-moms