Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    Tab will have Increased thickness in that area by .040" (0.075" to 0.115”). Wanted to be sure there’s no fatigue crack years down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Update: we are getting ready to trigger a manufacturing run of 100 pairs. It’ll be version 3.1, very similar to the V3.0 proto in the pic above but probably with a thicker tab (the protrusion that engages with the buckle).

One anodized color for this mfg run — probably Black, but we could go Orange instead (matches the F1 LT) if you guys prefer.

With packaging it’ll be $US 35. Obviously not a big profit lol but I’d like the guy making this all happen at least get a few bucks for his time and effort. He’s working on a preorder solution for you—I’ll post the link here—and he’d like to get the mfg rolling soon.

Shipping to Europe will cost more but I don’t see an issue there given the light weight. BTW V3.0 weighs just 8 grams each.
    That's awesome. Solid work. No preference on color.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2173.JPG 
Views:	45 
Size:	216.2 KB 
ID:	394943Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2174.JPG 
Views:	55 
Size:	240.6 KB 
ID:	394944Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2171.JPG 
Views:	53 
Size:	193.5 KB 
ID:	394945Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2175.JPG 
Views:	52 
Size:	231.8 KB 
ID:	394946Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2176.JPG 
Views:	52 
Size:	185.9 KB 
ID:	394947Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2177.JPG 
Views:	57 
Size:	189.7 KB 
ID:	394948

Hey everyone, Fro sent me a v3.0 to get some miles on- sadly our early snow got nuked so here’s a few pictures in the kitchen instead. For comparison, v2.0 is on the left in the first pic; slightly thicker overall. V3.0 fits a little tighter against the cuff of the boot. I’m really happy with my 2.0’s, so it’s hard to criticize any part of either one; however the thinner tab is slightly easier to slide into the buckle. I walked around the house for a bit and had no issues with it slipping off the buckle.
    Sorry for the indoor testing, but I’d say it’s a winner- with the slightly thicker tab that Fro mentioned for strength, it seems like a well rounded package. Amazing that Scarpa didn’t work out something similar. I’ll get time on snow next week, fingers crossed.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Gravity always wins...

Despite not having the F1LTs I so thoroughly desire, I love this effort and applaud those involved.

I'd like to buy a set for my friend when the ordering opens.

Domyou think this could be 3d printed from PLU ? and not break.
    I might get my kid a 3d printer for Xmas.
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

I’d rather bet my tour on aluminum in this case than plastic…there’s a decent load on there.

Gravity always wins...

Frorider also sent me a pair (thank you!). It is significantly slimmer than the V2.0 which I had. I'll have an opportunity to test Monday and all of next week.

Frorider, what is the thinking behind extending the base plate behind the latch? The extra tab on the right in riff's photos.

Quote Originally Posted by riff View Post
    I’d rather bet my tour on aluminum in this case than plastic…there’s a decent load on there.
    I'd worry more about it breaking while skiing. Nice thing is if it were to break all you do is reroute the velcro strap. I'll go with aluminum for 10g and $35 though, I have a hard time imagining plastic holding up well.

Orange ano would be pretty sweet.
    "High risers are for people with fused ankles, jongs and dudes who are too fat to see their dick or touch their toes.
    Prove me wrong."
    -I've seen black diamonds!

throughpolarizedeyes.com

Did I miss this again? I suck at keeping up with any particular thing here.

I'm color agnostic, but I'd sure like to give them a try.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by bean View Post
    I'd worry more about it breaking while skiing. Nice thing is if it were to break all you do is reroute the velcro strap. I'll go with aluminum for 10g and $35 though, I have a hard time imagining plastic holding up well.

Orange ano would be pretty sweet.
    My tours include skiing
    Agreed though, a fail would be easy to fix. Outstanding product.

Gravity always wins...

Quote Originally Posted by CirqueScaler View Post
    Frorider also sent me a pair (thank you!). It is significantly slimmer than the V2.0 which I had. I'll have an opportunity to test Monday and all of next week.

Frorider, what is the thinking behind extending the base plate behind the latch? The extra tab on the right in riff's photos.
    The extended base plate helps keep the engagement tab perpendicular to the boot shell. Particularly if you are using a high buckle force for winning World Cup slaloms.

I think we are going to pull the trigger on a mfg batch of 100 pairs (orange) today. It’ll be an upfront cost but everyone who tries these seems to tell their friends, and I’m guessing / hoping we will get 50 preorders soonish.

Speaking of preorders, I will get that link here as soon as it is developed.

With a recent storm here in UT, I've had a chance to use the v3 for the past three days. Overall, they perform very similarly to the v2, but I do find it to be a bit easier to attach because the tab is slimmer. This gives you more flexibility/chance of sliding the QR into the buckle.

I again had some icing on Saturday after a long day in cold conditions, but it didn't prevent me from using the QR. Not sure there's anything to be done.

Visually, it looks a bit flimsier than the V2. What are the chances that this will break? It's a single piece of machined aluminum, right? So very, very small?

Could someone give me a measurement on the length of the male piece that inserts into the buckle? My wife has F1s and tiny feet and Im concerned that 23 or 24 boots have a smaller sizes buckle and strap.

Hi John, it's 45mm.

Woot! We goin live! https://www.tahoetrailtools.com/prod...ff-preorder-/6

Actual mfg run could be before Christmas, but regardless rest assured we’ve been trying to get this going as fast as possible. Spread the word.

Order placed! Stoked.

Quote Originally Posted by CirqueScaler View Post
    Hi John, it's 45mm.
    Thanks. FYI 24.5/25.0 uses a ~35mm spacing so this won't work for those that have smaller feet. I'm not sure on buckle size for 25.5/26.0

Woot! We goin live! https://www.tahoetrailtools.com/prod...ff-preorder-/6

Actual mfg run could be before Christmas, but regardless rest assured we’ve been trying to get this going as fast as possible. Spread the word.
    Unfortunately intl. shipping isn‘t working. Can I order directly? Can you save me a pair? Thanks a lot!

Thanks. Ordered.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by John_B View Post
    Thanks. FYI 24.5/25.0 uses a ~35mm spacing so this won't work for those that have smaller feet. I'm not sure on buckle size for 25.5/26.0
    bummer, I was looking forward to these but I've got micro feet

Coolness. Have the v1 version but ordered the shiny upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by John_B View Post
    Interesting, we had beta user at 25 but maybe it was 25.5. Anyway if there’s interest, we can easily design one for narrow straps.

Ordered. Thanks for this.

Strap on ordered. Is there a pro Punani model?
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Interesting, we had beta user at 25 but maybe it was 25.5. Anyway if there’s interest, we can easily design one for narrow straps.
    Ah interesting, just pre-ordered. Ive got 24.5/25.0 F1s...
    I'm interested in a mini strapoff, or testing a smaller proto.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk