Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Update: batch 2 has been made & I’ll get them tomorrow afternoon. I’m traveling / camping Thurs - Fri morning but hope to get them packaged and mailed this Fri afternoon.

This past week I’ve been field testing v2.0 of the StrapOff, and it’s been working very well. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3A51D8FB-4FE1-4F3F-85FA-E24B2437BFC4.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	516.8 KB 
ID:	374202

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Update: batch 2 has been made & I’ll get them tomorrow afternoon. I’m traveling / camping Thurs - Fri morning but hope to get them packaged and mailed this Fri afternoon.

This past week I’ve been field testing v2.0 of the StrapOff, and it’s been working very well. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3A51D8FB-4FE1-4F3F-85FA-E24B2437BFC4.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	516.8 KB 
ID:	374202
    Those are way nicer than V1.
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

OK good news for ten of you mags -- I got 'em packed and mailed out this morning. That means Benneke10, Chubb, kalisto, riff, CirqueScaler, whatsupdoc, Climbers Right, Westcoaster, Chris862, NShultz should be receiving them in a couple of days. I have the USPS tracking info on the post office receipt so pls let me know if you don't get them soon. On average, I'm only losing about a dollar per order, mostly because one of you lives in Canuckistan and because I bought fancy bubble wrap pkg.

Ticketchecker and mtbcat, you have some options. I do have one extra set that's not quite identical to v2.0...I think it'll work fine but it's not been field tested (I'm calling it v1.9). You may want to wait until Batch #2 of v2.0 is made in the next 2 weeks but if one of you urgently needs them for a ski trip PM me and I'll ship v1.9 out Friday afternoon.

Also, for anyone who bought v1.0 with the rivets who would like to upgrade to v2.0, I'll try to work something out within the next batch. My goal here is to not make any money at all on this little exercise but I have to respect the time & materials cost of the guy actually making them.

with a v.1.0 i havent really used, v.2.0 looks great, and I'd love an upgrade, so count me in on an as needed basis, while not making money is fine, a beer or shot one the way or other is certainly reasonable. I'd show u around the local area, but its not really mag approved, other than it has snow in the winter.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    OK good news for ten of you mags -- I got 'em packed and mailed out this morning. That means Benneke10, Chubb, kalisto, riff, CirqueScaler, whatsupdoc, Climbers Right, Westcoaster, Chris862, NShultz should be receiving them in a couple of days. I have the USPS tracking info on the post office receipt so pls let me know if you don't get them soon. On average, I'm only losing about a dollar per order, mostly because one of you lives in Canuckistan and because I bought fancy bubble wrap pkg.

Ticketchecker and mtbcat, you have some options. I do have one extra set that's not quite identical to v2.0...I think it'll work fine but it's not been field tested (I'm calling it v1.9). You may want to wait until Batch #2 of v2.0 is made in the next 2 weeks but if one of you urgently needs them for a ski trip PM me and I'll ship v1.9 out Friday afternoon.

Also, for anyone who bought v1.0 with the rivets who would like to upgrade to v2.0, I'll try to work something out within the next batch. My goal here is to not make any money at all on this little exercise but I have to respect the time & materials cost of the guy actually making them.
    Sexy. Thanks man.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0220.JPG 
Views:	67 
Size:	215.4 KB 
ID:	375186Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0221.JPG 
Views:	76 
Size:	260.6 KB 
ID:	375187
    Looks slick, hoping to get out for a test rip soon!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Gravity always wins...

That first pic looks like Scarpa OEM quality lol.

Looking fwd to your feedback

Can confirm. Anodize these and they are every bit OEM quality. Sell this idea to scarpa asap. If they had a spring loaded buckle to minimize the flapping a bit it would be absolutely perfect. Still need some winter frozen fingers testing but they worked great today. Well done

I'd take a v2 when available thanks
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Quote Originally Posted by Climbers Right View Post
    Can confirm. Anodize these and they are every bit OEM quality. Sell this idea to scarpa asap. If they had a spring loaded buckle to minimize the flapping a bit it would be absolutely perfect. Still need some winter frozen fingers testing but they worked great today. Well done
    Yup, these are legit af

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20210518_164411133.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	910.0 KB 
ID:	375419

I visited a local PNW volcano this weekend and found them to be flawless during about 10k over two days. Outstanding work gents! I wouldn’t change a thing, and couldn’t imagine the boot without em.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    Gravity always wins...

Thanks for the positive feedback folks. I can’t recall if I mentioned this already here, but early on I contacted Scarpa USA and in Italy to ‘give away’ this idea but zero replies. I even pointed out the official reviews on major sites that pointed out the insufficient throw distance of the upper buckle on the F1 LT. I’ve also tried to get wildsnow interested given their audience and influence but zero response.

With a mfg partner involved, we can look into a V2.1 that is further refined (anodized) and possibly even lighter. I was thinking of orange, green, and black as possible colors. If it’s a small run I may just pick one color like Orange. Comments?

Also how best to get the word out to the NZ/S Hemisphere skiing community? Snow heads.com?
    Last edited by frorider; 05-25-2021 at 09:47 AM.

Red to match my F80!
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    Red to match my F80!
    Or white!

Sent from the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen

Nothing to add for getting the word out, but a 4 peak traverse today meant several change overs and these definitely sped the process up. It's now a quick 2 second affair to go from ski to walk and probably 5 seconds the other way around. I never weighed mine but i can't say the weight is even close to noticable. I'll take 30g and full range of motion over the generally meh ROM of the F1 with the strap at ski tightness

Kiwis I know don't peruse the interwebs too often. I'll holler at a few folks.
    I'm keen to get in on the next batch of V2.0!

Gotta think keeping the color simple is easiest, one color for all, but then again I will usually feign color blindness when attempting to put the best functional / cheapest kit together.

Did you try contacting Roxa? I got a response lickety split from them.

May I request a set of these as well?
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

BH, I’ll add you to list for next mfg run

I'm in no hurry so will wait for next run. They look great

Despite having a pair ov V1 V2 looks more better so I'm in when next time comes around.
    Last edited by turnfarmer; 06-03-2021 at 06:44 AM. Reason: word correct

Batch #3 is in the planning stage. PM me or post here if you want a pair.

interested for sure

Ok I think batch 3 will be pretty large, enough for June-October demand. We are slightly modifying design to make it even more low profile, and make it easier to mfg. Will be anodized. Might use a website to take orders. Stay tuned.

Thanks. Go purple ano
    I <heart> hot tele-moms