Ripstick 96 for bumps?

I'm looking for a 95 underfoot daily driver to replace my Liberty Sequence's (edges delam'd). I ski primarily at Mary Jane, lots of bumps and trees very few groomers. I've been seeing some good deals on the Ripstick 96 and wondering how they are in the bumps? I'm also looking at the Blizzard Rustler 9 and BC Dameon but not as good a deal on those. I'm open to other suggestions as well.

I'm 5'10", 165 lbs and don't think I need the black version (or do I?). Lots of bumps, trees, off-piste. Looking for more of a playful ski that does well in bumps than a damp charger. I've got a set of PB&J's that I love on deeper days. They are a little long for bumps at 188 and I would love to find a skinny version of those for a daily driver.

Not a very popular ski here I guess. That is the ski I am considering as well. Tele though. Hope someone pipes in with some experience.

Fwiw, friend says that are great in bumps but are to light and get bounced around in off piste and adverse conditions. I ended up going with the Fischer 94 FR.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app

they probably get bounced around cuz they ARE reasonably light also prettty cheap which is why I was interested in the 106 ripstick as a touring ski

my buddy who sells them demoed a set last time he was out here and was impressed with how they felt,

when I skied them it was on the bunny slope with grand kids so not much to report there

i thot the sizing was a little wierd in that they go from 181 to 188 and at 160lb i'm usually on a 185
    Last edited by XXX-er; 04-04-2020 at 11:01 AM.
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

You might have better luck on PugSki getting a review...they love their Elans.....96 might be too wide for their tastes though.

I thought it was a great ski, very light and precise and a great choice for a "touring capable" all-rounder, but for bumps I'd prefer something with a looser tail - maybe Armada ARV 96? (also cheap right now)

What size did you ski and how much do you weigh, I looked at the sizing and thot it was wierd maybe on the small side, normaly there would be a 185 and a 190 as opposed to 182 and a 188

the on-line reviews are pretty good
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    What size did you ski and how much do you weigh?
    I skied the 181, normally ski a 188 Rustler 11 as a daily driver, touring mostly on a 180 Zero G 105. Weigh 170, 5'8" tall.

Ripstick 96 for bumps?

I demoed the Ripstick 106 in a 188 length, it is very similar to the 96. Not a ski for me. It would make a great touring ski, it turns easy, and does soft snow and low speeds well. Higher speeds and any sort of variable it get knocked around easy. That being said it is probably a perfect ski for intermediate/slower skiers. It’s lightweight, easy to maneuver, doesn’t take much energy to ski, that is probably why it has such high reviews.

Edit: to add that the 188 I tried skis a lot like a 185