Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    WTF is with all the hate? This is not some inbred forum, or is it? Geez... To the OP, I love Ballard for live music and food, but if you are working on First Hill you really need to determine whether it would be worth it when traffic is considered. It may only be a few miles on the map, but it can take a really long time during the commuting hours. Actually, anytime you want to go anywhere, it's a commute from there. If you are working on first hill, you should think about places along 15th and along the light rail (both north and south). Spending as little time as possible in traffic is one of the keys to being happy.

Wow, this post escalated quickly, def going the roommate route if at all possible, have someone lined up, just looking for the right place.

East/south of first hill - leschi, madrona, judkins, MT Baker ideal but was just scoping a 2BR/2BA with a yard in north Ballard/ so that’s not out of range of possibility.

Is 2600-2800 for a 2BR/2ba with some sort of fenced yard unrealistic? OftPMed you,

Anyways, bimonthly bump here
    Do I detect a lot of anger flowing around this place? Kind of like a pubescent volatility, some angst, a lot of I'm-sixteen-and-angry-at-my-father syndrome?

fuck that noise.

gmen.

Thanks VPM. PM reply incoming shortly....
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by dump View Post
    WTF is with all the hate? This is not some inbred forum, or is it? Geez... To the OP, I love Ballard for live music and food, but if you are working on First Hill you really need to determine whether it would be worth it when traffic is considered. It may only be a few miles on the map, but it can take a really long time during the commuting hours. Actually, anytime you want to go anywhere, it's a commute from there. If you are working on first hill, you should think about places along 15th and along the light rail (both north and south). Spending as little time as possible in traffic is one of the keys to being happy.
    Ballard was murdered a long long time ago

Sent from my I3123 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post
    Ballard was murdered a long long time ago

Sent from my I3123 using Tapatalk
    Pretty much.

When you give up and need a place to lay your head... Columbia City near the light rail there are newer apartment complexes that are “reasonable”. I know a lot of people who spent their first 6-18mo in Seattle there. Easy jumping off point with the Link right there... life is better in LQA, Ballard, Fremont, Cap H, West S, etc... but it takes time to find that long term spot...

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

i tried to rent a yard for 3k/mo or less in columbia city last summer and failed

my wife works on first hill, i’m in SLU. central district has been a pretty decent spot to hang out, i like being able to get to i90 pretty quickly.

You'll find much cheaper options S of First Hill on the Light Rail. Lots of cool stuff in Columbia City, etc. These are historically where people of color have lived, so there is more diversity there than Ballard, too. Although it's rapidly gentrifying/already has in places.

This forum is weird.