Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I've been doing Imperfect Produce for a while. I disagree that it doesn't save money, but it does only if you stick to the produce, with a few exceptions. Their inventory has been a little wacky. Things out of stock and in stock a few minutes later.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    I've been looking for an online purveyor of pangolin meat. My Chinese source dried up.

Pangolin fetus is yummy.

Attachment 323068
    You have a sick sense of humor-and that avatar helps too

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    I've been looking for an online purveyor of pangolin meat. My Chinese source dried up.

Pangolin fetus is yummy.

Attachment 323068
    Got a line on bat? Been a while and I got a serious hankering.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Parvo View Post
    I subscribe to ButcherBox and Daily Harvest. Great products, reasonably priced. With Butcher I get free bacon and ground beef for as long as I am subscriber, even if I pause my account. So I've been giving away a lot of ground beef to friends and co-workers. The latest meat delivery arrived right before the shit hit the fan. I also got a sous vide for christmas and pretty much do all my steaks, burgers, salmon, chix in it.

how much free bacon?

just visited omahasteaks. I may give them a try. Not sure about the quality, but the price seems right.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

We've used the area's Kroger affiliate (Fred Meyer) online shop/pickup service for several years. Up until Rat Flu time, it's been easy - never had a problem with quality, and they always upgrade for same price when they need to substitute. Prices are better than Albertsons or Safeway.

Since mid-March, it's been a little more dicey. You now have to order three days in advance, and do it early (Ms TBS does her order just after midnight). Far fewer stockouts since the first couple of lock-down expeditions, but still a PIA when it's the one item needed to complete a meal. Quality of meat and produce isn't significantly worse.

Safeway had 30% off NY strips today.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    just visited omahasteaks. I may give them a try. Not sure about the quality, but the price seems right.
    My wife has bought from them a few times. I’ve never been very happy about their quality and price compared to what I could get from a local butcher or store. However, they do have the advantage of home delivery, which I guess means a lot these days.

^^
    Ditto, a bunch of vendors send them at Christmas. Only fair.

OP, have you considered reaching out to AKPM for your tasty fish needs?
    I still call it The Jake.

^^^That seems like a nice find
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    The high end purveyors OP mentioned are really for gifting... no one is buying copper river salmon for $49/# from Pikes and getting it shipped across the company for Tuesday’s dinner with Mom and the kids....
    This. BUT, a group of our friends started doing a weekly dinner party over zoom or FaceTime. Kinda fun, kinda cheesy, whatever, breaks the boredom of not hanging out with people. And it really is great to see our friends.

We take turns buying the main portion of the meal and the booze or beer to go with it. This week is oysters from Alaska and 12 year old rum. Next week is fresh bay scallops from Nantucket. Is it expensive? Fuck yes. ( and I’m not a dentist, just a small business owner ) But it makes all of us happy, so whatever. The cost is equal to all of us going out for a meal.

The best part is we are all safe (ish) and don’t have to go anywhere for our meal/beer/booze

There’s a bunch of great fisherman to support here -

https://www.xtratuf.com/pages/community

Fresh bay scallops from my home town -

http://saylesseafood.com/phone/index.html

I own the craft beer store that ships, so I won’t spam the thread with my own website

I never would’ve thought something like this would be the new norm, but it’s fun. Embrace it and roll with it I guess. Not many other choices, and it Beats watching the news.

Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by t-the-east View Post
    This. BUT, a group of our friends started doing a weekly dinner party over zoom or FaceTime. Kinda fun, kinda cheesy, whatever, breaks the boredom of not hanging out with people. And it really is great to see our friends.

We take turns buying the main portion of the meal and the booze or beer to go with it. This week is oysters from Alaska and 12 year old rum. Next week is fresh bay scallops from Nantucket. Is it expensive? Fuck yes. ( and I’m not a dentist, just a small business owner ) But it makes all of us happy, so whatever. The cost is equal to all of us going out for a meal.

The best part is we are all safe (ish) and don’t have to go anywhere for our meal/beer/booze

There’s a bunch of great fisherman to support here -

https://www.xtratuf.com/pages/community

Fresh bay scallops from my home town -

http://saylesseafood.com/phone/index.html

I own the craft beer store that ships, so I won’t spam the thread with my own website

I never would’ve thought something like this would be the new norm, but it’s fun. Embrace it and roll with it I guess. Not many other choices, and it Beats watching the news.
    This is awesome. And I’m stealing it. Thanks.

I never thought much of the Portal that ended up in my stocking this last Christmas from my mom, the kid/cousins sure do love it. Now it’s been an evening source of fun and family as we cook and eat after our walks. Nice that it leaves your hands/phone free and follows the action around the room.

Better streaming than Facetime too imho.

What a time to be alive.
    I still call it The Jake.

Alderspring Ranch in the Pahsimeroi ships. My neighbor’s son is a range rider for them in the summer.

https://shopalderspring.com/collections

Buying Food On-Line

The beginning of last nights oyster and rum zoom party. I should probably go check in on the hangover thread now

Attachment 323633

Buying Food On-Line

Hmm.... pic didn’t show up...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6523.JPG 
Views:	38 
Size:	925.9 KB 
ID:	324391
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6540.JPG 
Views:	29 
Size:	197.4 KB 
ID:	324392
    Last edited by t-the-east; 04-06-2020 at 05:47 PM.

Name:  IMG_0003.JPG
Views: 300
Size:  87.3 KB
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Name:  IMG_0003.JPG
Views: 300
Size:  87.3 KB
    Perfect! Pics are working now!

We did another Wally World online pickup order the other day and they were two hours late with it. When I finally got to the store it was absolute chaos. Melissa the manager told me her crew walked out.

Anyway, they gave me all my stuff, plus a huge bonus bag of Turnip Greens! I was like wtf is this, soul food? Sure as shit. Fired it up with some onions in olive oil, added some chicken broth to simmer down once they softened and then a few pinches of brown sugar at the end. So good. Never would have known to try. Thanks Wal-Mart for bringing some soul into our diet.

Turnip greens are half the reason I grow turnips. I'm alone in my family in this, but I also love radish greens. So bitter and spicy!

Got our first deliveries from Misfits and Imperfect. Pretty cool. Both were understandably a couple of days late. Misfits let us know 17 different ways, nothing from Imperfect. Misfits produce was better, and was a better deal, though it's probably a wash if you spend enough with Imperfect for free shipping. Imperfect lets you completely change your box before it ships, which is pretty huge. I don't mind getting weird shit, but I don't want it to displace shit that I need (we eat a metric shitton of lettuce and carrots). We're getting them alternating weeks but will probably switch to weekly Imperfect after our next Misfits box.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    Turnip greens are half the reason I grow turnips. I'm alone in my family in this, but I also love radish greens. So bitter and spicy!
    I am glad I am not the only one. I made the rest of the turnip greens last night in the cast iron skillet. I was a little more liberal with the garlic, onions, brown sugar and olive oil and even added some butter as the chicken broth was simmering off at the very end. Served with apple smoked grilled catfish and baked potatoes and some lightish wine...holy shit this combo was so good. The rest of the family stared at me in awe and ate canned green beans. Lolz.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk