Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Moose Euthanized

They should have euthanized the woman instead. And all her progeny. We need to thin the herd.
    https://denver.cbslocal.com/2020/03/...arks-wildlife/

This cow was recently hanging out in the backyard giving my dog the fuck eye and driving her insane. Never occurred to me that I should go outside and swat her on the rump and shoo her on down the road.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0418.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	706.7 KB 
ID:	322926

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0427.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	733.0 KB 
ID:	322927

the moose here abouts know that Safeway has better produce than the wholesale and Dwayne is really friendly

Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Potential Darwin candidate screwing with a moose.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Well that would not go over well here in Jackson. Seems odd they would put it down in this situation though.

I still can't believe the parents who bring their kids to mourn dead moose on the side of the road (this actually happens, flowers and everything). No one likes that the moose died but that's a little weird.
    Live Free or Die

You have to be kidding me. JFC. I grew up around moose in AK. Just a normal part of life like deer in Central Oregon. You dealt with it, and let mamma moose do her thing when she had calves. And when 1 ton pappa moose was getting all bad ass with his 6' plus rack and smashing some truck on his road, well, that's just life.

I had more run ins with moose than I can remember, and cursed those times I had to walk an extra 15 minutes to get home from my paper route in -20F temps just because I didn't want to get stomped into the ground or run up a tree.

Too many stupid humans on this planet
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

That cow followed us home when I was out walking the dog. I just got a couple houses down and see her in neighbor's yard. So I turn around and start going the opposite direction and see her strolling towards us. Then I head to our driveway and she keeps coming so we go inside and she walked right up to the front porch and then chilled in the yard for an hour. I think she steals hay from our neighbors and looking for a handout.

These stories never contain enough details. If the moose was hanging around the scene, continuing to show agitation, while they were trying to help the lady that got stomped, I can understand putting it down. Regardless, they should issue a citation if the woman is not comatose. People should not fuck with moose.

Does bear spray work on moose, or do you need moose spray?
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

I remember years ago when I lived in the aspens. My downstairs neighbor was trying to hand feed the moose cow that was a local wanderer.

I was expecting her to get stomped.

People are stupid.

Maybe corona is the blessing that takes out all of us useless eaters and let’s the planet exist naturally.

Wondering if god is questioning his decision to create man.
    We are really good at the stupid.
    . . .

If god asks himself a question would't he already know the answer?

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Name:  tenor.png
Views: 542
Size:  132.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Does bear spray work on moose, or do you need moose spray?
    According to a biologist with F&G, it works just as well on other animals. I carry it with me in an area that is known to have moose.

Lots of moose out lately in the high country. Lack of crowds and a booming moose population. There's a few in my neighborhood hanging out right now. I must have lived here 10 years before I saw my first moose up close. Now they are everywhere. A few years ago mom gave birth to a few babies in our back yard and now they come back arriver year.

Shit like this is bound to happen. Not a smart move on the lady's part though.

Didn't the woman live?

Funniest thing that ever happened to me was leaving for school one morning, half asleep, and I open the door, and there's a giant cow standing on the porch, maybe two feet from me. I screamed like a little girl, slammed the door and ran down the stairs. looked at the window and the moose was high tailing it in the other direction.

Many times my dad had to call the boss to tell him he was going to be late because a moose wouldn't budge out of the driveway. Last thing my dad wanted to do is piss off the moose and have it stomp the car into the ground.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    Name:  tenor.png
Views: 542
Size:  132.8 KB
    Nice. I needed a good chuckle
    . . .

Mooeuthanasia seems like the least of our problems right now.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    You have to be kidding me. JFC. I grew up around moose in AK. Just a normal part of life like deer in Central Oregon. You dealt with it, and let mamma moose do her thing when she had calves. And when 1 ton pappa moose was getting all bad ass with his 6' plus rack and smashing some truck on his road, well, that's just life.

I had more run ins with moose than I can remember, and cursed those times I had to walk an extra 15 minutes to get home from my paper route in -20F temps just because I didn't want to get stomped into the ground or run up a tree.

Too many stupid humans on this planet

I did a topo of Kulis ANG base, which abutted Ted Stevens International and is still generally surrounded by 10' chainlink fence with razor wire. After 9/11, they strung more high fence around the back lines of the abutting subdivisions. Because fence builders have learned to stay inside the land lines on government contracts, they created a 3' gap between respective fence corners at a particular survey monument. This gap in the tall fences created a choke point for the moose between their calving grounds in the tall grass and trees of the unused airport property and the free handouts and vegetable gardens of the nearby subdivisions...
    My plan was to set up a RTK base station there, on a tall pole. The meese didn't like that plan at all, and put my dum ass in the truck until I could come up with a better way to do that survey.

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    Mooeuthanasia seems like the least of our problems right now.
    Moose in Asia is a delicacy.

Quote Originally Posted by Parvo View Post
    Moose in Asia is a delicacy.
    It’s the new Pangolin?
    . . .

obviously not many of you have been to breck
    we have the highest per capita ski town stupidity
    tourons and newbies all get excited when they see a fox or a moose
    you mind your own business and they will mind there's
    my dog liked to irritate the moose then he almost got trampled
    now the moose are his friends, he just says hi mr moose
    I have had so many moose encounters it's just anoying now, the best bet is to ignore them and they will ignore you

At least there wasn't a youth moosenized.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

If the call comes from within... who answers?

I still call it The Jake.

Moose down, squirrel to go

Name:  904183b57daadce5ee45a5577e0990de--classic-cartoons-natasha-okeeffe.jpg
Views: 311
Size:  19.4 KB

we get a lot of moose in town, by this time of year after a long winter some of them don't make it , that moose in the safeway was tick infested/starving had to be put down
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know