Wide mouth hydration bladder one of you recommended here..

A month ago someone here recommended a small brand hydration bladder that had a fully openable end (good for scooping up snow or creek water) and a screw top that allowed easy attachment of purification filter. I forgot to save that link though....

Anyway it came from a side comment and search terms aren’t pulling it up

Wide mouth hydration bladder one of you recommended here..

I think the company was Searchjong. They make awesome stuff!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is the company I recommended. Maybe it fits your needs, or can lead you to the thread post.

https://sourceoutdoor.com/en/10-hydration-systems

I find it amusing that we all joined in 2005.

geiger rig makes a bladder that opens fully at one end, but there isn't a screw top. I used one regularly for over 10 years and just barely had to replace it.

I’ve got one of the old BCA ones that screws onto a Nalgene bottle; I haven’t used it in years. Yours if you want it.

Looks like MTM got you, but I came here to suggest rigging an adapter on the mouthpiece end of the hose that allows you to refill without removing bladder from pack. And then your bladder has less failure modes.

I have a camelbak adapter that they seem to have stopped selling, but you could do any generic inline quick-connect.

I remember that thread. Those collapsible bottles were slick and they were priced accordingly. They were able to open completely on one end and the other end had threads that would accommodate a Sawyer filter.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    I remember that thread. Those collapsible bottles were slick and they were priced accordingly. They were able to open completely on one end and the other end had threads that would accommodate a Sawyer filter.
    Yeah really sensible design. My Jedi Level search skills still can’t find it. MTM, I found your post in The Fifty thread but that thread didn’t have this product link. Sourceoutdoor has the usual flexible bottle w/o wide opening, as you know.

Ok jeebus that took some digging around outside of TGR but here’s the bladder: https://cnocoutdoors.com/products/20...20550036357209

It seems like a totally obvious design that multiple brands should offer (like platypus etc) but CNOC patented the idea. Nice option for spring tours where I’m scooping up slush with all kinds of debris, algae etc.

#hydration #wide opening squeeze bottle #sawyer filter

Ah I see. That thing is great.

sold out

Hydrapak makes one with that big opening, with a drinking hose at the other end.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Hydrapak makes one with that big opening, with a drinking hose at the other end.
    As do others, e.g., Platypus Big Zip, but lack CNOC bag's male threads for a Sawyer Squeeze filter.

Quote Originally Posted by GeezerSteve View Post
    sold out
    Avail mid April though. I’m sheltering in place these days so I’m in no rush.

I've had good luck with an 8-yr old version of this that was OEM in a Deuter pack:

https://www.amazon.com/Source-Hydrat.../dp/B005QI8KM6

Mine doesn't have the additional screw opening or detachable hose of this model, but the sliding-open end has been great for cleaning (and not leaking), and the bladder itself has seemed to stay much cleaner than countless other camelbaks we've had in the same time. Mine is also not "tactical", just blue w/an orange valve. Valve is OK.