Page 60 of 62 FirstFirst ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 1547
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkgt View Post
    FKNA
    Right? I can;t imagine wanting to be around that long. No surfing, no skiing, = fuck it.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    It has no port. Huh?
    Many n95 masks have a valve. All p100 respirators have a valve.
    The valve lets unfiltered air spew out. It’s the same as wearing no mask. Except that it does help to protect you. Not me.
    . . .

With the way 3/4 of the people treat wearing masks I'm more concerned at this point about protecting me and mine. If it's ok for them to barely even cover their mouths it's ok for me to not be the least bit concerned about protecting them but to worry about what they're spewing in my direction.

I'm starting to make appts to get back on the road working this week and I've had a few biz owners tell me their place is no masks required. One even told me to leave mine in the car or don't bother coming in. These are the people we need to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Many n95 masks have a valve. All p100 respirators have a valve.
    The valve lets unfiltered air spew out. It’s the same as wearing no mask. Except that it does help to protect you. Not me.
    Yeah but that's why it's the right mask for him in that situation. Because fuck you.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Yeah but that's why it's the right mask for him in that situation. Because fuck you.
    Absolutely.
    People at risk should wear real masks. Not bandannas or paper masks.

But if you wear a mask with a port, don’t act righteous and cry about folks with no mask.
    . . .

I'm confused, I have a mask with one of those plastic things (a "port"), but my breathing out very clearly is restricted and goes through layers of material, surely as much as or more as a homemade cloth mask or a bandana.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Absolutely.

But if you wear a mask with a port, don’t act righteous and cry about folks with no mask.
    All right, Karen.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    It's not painless.
    You're right, the bullet must hurt for a split second. You don't think those folks are planning to wait for the Covid to kill them. They'll finish the job when they start getting too sick.

Not everyone owns a gun. Or has the balls.

Absolutely.

Why not? Save the masks without vents for being around people who care about mask wearing.

If you're not worried about getting sick from your other 6 coworkers, one dude with a vented masks shouldn't bother you at all

Would you go ski touring with a bunch of people who didn't have rescue gear and chops?

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    I’m starting to lose my shit because I’ve had to do some short in-person meetings and I’ve been the only one wearing a mask (N95). Feels incredibly weird to be the only one in a group of 6. Pisses me off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

If your n95 has a port, it’s the same as no mask.
    Don’t be so selfish.
    Why do you get to be a constant twat but others can’t be selfish?

If no one in my work group was masking up, I’d wear as n95 w a port. Fuck them. They are the selfish twats for refusing to wear a mask to protect others.

^^^this is the approach used by my wife, who has to take meds that compromise her immune system. She wears a cotton mask when she goes to places where people are generally mask-compliant, but an n95 with port at the local BiMart where neither employees nor patrons see the need to mask.

And yes I am accepting of that. Good on ya for being healthy.

But others need to stop the virtue signal bandanna scarf wearing do nothing fucking nothing fucking.
    . . .

I rock a non-ported N95 while working and while indoors in public. My beard has looked absolutely ridiculous for weeks. But I can now say with confidence that I rarely have bad breath, so I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

Now I'm curious: what do you mean by ridiculous? Did you shave a track for the edge of the mask?

My beard is long enough that I get some weirdness going on from the edge of the mask and the straps. If the straps shift upward across my cheeks for any reason, it makes me beard stick straight out, which is the accentuated by the parts of it that are smashed flat against my face by the edge of the mask. Plus, it pushes my goatee back so that it looks like I have a hirsute second chin when I take my mask off.

Still beats the 'rona though.

Does bandana really do nothing?

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    I rock a non-ported N95 while working and while indoors in public. My beard has looked absolutely ridiculous for weeks. But I can now say with confidence that I rarely have bad breath, so I got that goin' for me, which is nice.
    N95 + beard = ordinary surgical mask, or worse, depending on the bear

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I know. I get a pretty good seal with my mask, but I am aware that my beard is detrimental to its effectiveness.

We should get him his own beard sub forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    N95s do not offer any protection against bears. You've been hoodwinked.

When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I've noticed that some people have a natural distance they want to be from someone they're talking to, and as you inch away, they unconsciously inch towards you. And they think 4 feet is 6 feet.
    I may need a hearing aid. Trying to communicate at a distance with a mask on sucks. It's necessary and I follow it, but I can't hear very well. I have to very consciously mind my distance. I do it for the greater good. And I was probably reading lips a lot more than I realized. Bad hearing runs in part of my family. The other part has ridiculously bionic super human hearing. I got the wrong inheritance. One of my sons inherited the bionic hearing. It's freaky.