Page 51 of 62 FirstFirst ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 1547
    Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    I passed on looking at the photos another couple took on their trip to Thailand. The Bering Sea fishing boat captain had dome stories to tell and an interesting way of telling them.

Restaurants have had a hard time ever since the majority of the customers started paying with plastic. Made it much harder to cook...............the books.
    Yeah, a friend who has been in the business for a long time used to tell me about all the cash that materialized under the table after every night's count.

Way back, I'll never forget watching the Greek family close up shop across the street around 3pm after a nice breakfast/lunch day on the same block in Manhattan I was working. This is the early 80s. You know, Belushi "cheeseburger cheeseburger!" characters.They'd all pile into brand new Mercedes. my manager used to say, cash is king.

I have a friend that’s on disability from a childhood car crash. Friendly, happy, generous person despite a very fucked up life. Not able to make much in good times, in a bad spot now. There’s dozens of news articles including some quoting Biden talking about the Feds excusing/forgiving April rent. I figure if that’s going to happen needs to be real soon. Concept being Feds reimbursing landlords I think Anyone know if that’s just fantasy talk or is something like that available? Friend is entirely verifiable as disabled, not that the articles are primarily talking about that, but they’re talking about people in need.
    Thanks

^^^if they halted mortgage payment requirements as well this could be a thing that works.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Mortgage companies are very willing to postpone payments.
    Landlords, not so much.

Which is why it seems weird to me. Landlords can postpone their mortgage most likely, so why not at least give their renters more time to pay, if not entirely excusing if being reimbursed.

There’s official covid rent payment plan paperwork out there, how can they just say no? Weird.

There's landlords and there are slumlords. Mine is cool but IMO there are many more slumlords. Good luck with your Buddy. Call the landlord and find out if he is a slumlord?
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Yup, one of our favorites is up for sale/closed. Knowing the owner, we thought if anyone could make that shitty location work, it was him, and he was making a pretty good run at it. Unfortunately the 'Rona took it out.

I just take consolation in that in the long run, this situation will filter out a lot of our shitty but long standing restauranteurs who have just skated by on the tourist teat for all these years and hopefully some new blood comes in to revive our restaurant scene. Unfortunately, it'll probably just open the window for a bunch of chain restaurants.
    As coronavirus crushes small restaurants, big chains see room to move in

As the coronavirus permanently shutters some small businesses, big fast-food brands like Domino’s Pizza, Chipotle and Wendy’s that were doing well before the crisis want to grow - or continue pre-existing expansion plans - after the pandemic subsides.

David Deno, chief executive officer of Outback Steakhouse parent company Bloomin’ Brands, told Reuters in an interview that “I don’t mean to wish ill on anybody, but there’s going to be real estate opportunities,” for new stores or relocations to areas with “better visibility, better access and better parking.
    “It was a trend going 30 miles an hour, now accelerated to 100 miles an hour,” McCarthy said. “It’s corporate Darwinism on steroids.
    “We’re in a period of a few years where independents lose and chains gain” as much as 10% to 15% of market share, McCarthy said of the restaurant industry. The winners of that share grab will be those models centered around convenience and accessibility.

“If there’s opportunities that make sense for us on the real estate side, we will pursue those,” said David Hoffmann, Dunkin’ Brands Group Inc (DNKN.O) chief executive officer in an April 30 earnings call. “But you also want to balance being a good corporate citizen and sticking to your values, and not being a shark either.”

Property manager threatening eviction until governor put a moratorium on that.

Yes, they are, but a little research will show that that the real terms and subsequent consequences thereof (known as 'forbearance') are a motherfucker. Among other things, you have to pay the lump sum you owe whenever they decide it's due or they can foreclose. Dangerous stuff unless you're sitting on large chinks of change. Of course idf that were the case one wouldn't need the forbearance.

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Mortgage companies are very willing to postpone payments.
    Landlords, not so much.

Which is why it seems weird to me. Landlords can postpone their mortgage most likely, so why not at least give their renters more time to pay, if not entirely excusing if being reimbursed.

There’s official covid rent payment plan paperwork out there, how can they just say no? Weird.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

In our little slice of paradise, City ordinances ban restaurants with more than two other locations world-wide.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluff View Post
    My favorite restaurant closed. Damn it. RIP Pazzaluna.
    Threadgills in Austin closed. Place where Janice Joplin launched her career. Going to miss their fried green tomatoes.

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    In our little slice of paradise, City ordinances ban restaurants with more than two other locations world-wide.
    Where's that? A few of our towns are like that too, or at least in the downtown core.

think he's outside of Bend, maybe Sisters?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post

My kids are fine. They know their overlords are trying to program them into being sheeple.

They will be the ones to hire and fire your kids if you decide to pollute the gene pool with your seed
    and the circle remains unbroken. white trash raising another generation of white trash

Found out last week that R, a good friend and neighbor, had his wife, mother and father, brother and brother n law test positive and varying degrees of being super sick, with mom being transferred from the local hospital up to SLC for intubation. Found out yesterday mom is really bad off in a coma, father in ICU at the local hospital and now my buddy R is wrecked with it. These are great folks R is an administrator at a local school and has taught both of my kids. About once a month outside of winter would chat over the back fence and drink some "secret beers". We dropped off a few days worth of dinners to them last night, stood in the road and spoke to their teenage kids who were in the doorway, they are doing all right all things considered. Said their mom is two days in a row without a fever so that is a good thing. R is my age pretty fit eats well hikesalot not a science denier type so I know he was on top of the PPE and precautions but this could take him out as easily as it beating his mother up. This fate could befall any one of us its fucking frightening and humbling
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Quote Originally Posted by DBdude View Post
    and the circle remains unbroken. white trash raising another generation of white trash

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Quote Originally Posted by happytimefunbox View Post
    Found out last week that R, a good friend and neighbor, had his wife, mother and father, brother and brother n law test positive and varying degrees of being super sick, with mom being transferred from the local hospital up to SLC for intubation. Found out yesterday mom is really bad off in a coma, father in ICU at the local hospital and now my buddy R is wrecked with it. These are great folks R is an administrator at a local school and has taught both of my kids. About once a month outside of winter would chat over the back fence and drink some "secret beers". We dropped off a few days worth of dinners to them last night, stood in the road and spoke to their teenage kids who were in the doorway, they are doing all right all things considered. Said their mom is two days in a row without a fever so that is a good thing. R is my age pretty fit eats well hikesalot not a science denier type so I know he was on top of the PPE and precautions but this could take him out as easily as it beating his mother up. This fate could befall any one of us its fucking frightening and humbling
    Fuck man. ++++Vibes++++

That's rough man. Here's hoping they pull through.

Damn. Could be any of our families. Everyday reality has turned into something similar to skiing avie terrain. You take all the precautions, make good decisions, don't take chances, but there is still a chance of getting sick.

Quote Originally Posted by DBdude View Post
    We prefer the term “erudite yankee”
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    Damn. Could be any of our families. Everyday reality has turned into something similar to skiing avie terrain. You take all the precautions, make good decisions, don't take chances, but there is still a chance of getting sick.

Hold my beer, I'm gonna send it.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    I think that's what people say internally when they go outside and refuse to social distance.

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    Every trip into the hotzone of the grocery store costco or home depot....
    Strangely, Costco's measures put me somewhat at ease even though I go through a level 3 decon procedure when I get to the car

In other news stickers are cool!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	biofiredx.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	122.7 KB 
ID:	329142
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

soon as lock down happened i said to tennant we need to talk about how you will pay the rent so what can you pay, she said she could do half I said ok fine

Next month I'm expecting 1/2 the rent but this time she pays in full, is working on the garden has sent up 2 packs of smoked salmon and the garden looks great
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    I think that's what people say internally when they go outside and refuse to social distance.
    Was at the feed store again yesterday and this time I wasn't the only person wearing a mask (another customer, not staff). While in the store I could not get the owner to step away from me. Nice lady, know her well but damn if she didn't insist on following me around and standing within 2ft of me the entire time I was in there. Funny thing is her husband has been AWOL since this whole thing started - he refuses to leave home.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Was at the feed store again yesterday and this time I wasn't the only person wearing a mask (another customer, not staff). While in the store I could not get the owner to step away from me. Nice lady, know her well but damn if she didn't insist on following me around and standing within 2ft of me the entire time I was in there. Funny thing is her husband has been AWOL since this whole thing started - he refuses to leave home.
    Guess you need to stop shoplifting from the feed store. ; - )