Page 17 of 62 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
    Canada coronavirus toll rises, officials probe seniors' home deaths

The Canadian Parliament on Saturday quickly debated and approved a wage subsidy measure worth C$73 billion ($52 billion) to help firms and individuals.

Huh... who knew you could get things done so fast and on a Saturday no less.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

US $52 billion?

Amateurs

They need a better money printer.

Brrrrrr
    . . .

Coronavirus complaint/commiseration thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    I'm sure Joe Biden has a plan. He's the man! Joe, wake up Joe, what's your plan? No, Bernie's gone. Yeah, dropped out. It's all you now. Here, put your pants on. The future needs leadership! (God help us)
    Funny - unfortunately true

Is this really the best we could do?

The Obama and Biden murder mystery novel is almost readable

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Canada coronavirus toll rises, officials probe seniors' home deaths

The Canadian Parliament on Saturday quickly debated and approved a wage subsidy measure worth C$73 billion ($52 billion) to help firms and individuals.

Huh... who knew you could get things done so fast and on a Saturday no less.
    Elizabeth May the leader of the green party has been quoted as saying politicians are being unusually cooperative, a number of leaders have stepped up, the premier of Ontario picked up a load of PPE in his own PU truck

and down south there is trump
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    Elizabeth May the leader of the green party has been quoted as saying politicians are being unusually cooperative, a number of leaders have stepped up, the premier of Ontario picked up a load of PPE in his own PU truck

and down south there is trump
    If you think he/she will listen. Pray for us.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

I'm sure Joe Biden has a plan. He's the man! Joe, wake up Joe, what's your plan? No, Bernie's gone. Yeah, dropped out. It's all you now. Here, put your pants on. The future needs leadership! (God help us)
    He actually had a opinion piece today: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/12/o...n-america.html

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    If you think he/she will listen. Pray for us.

all of yer money already sez " In god we trust " isnt that enough or do your still have to pray ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Woot! My friends are busy making masks (I don't sew) and everyone is running out of elastic. They have been pleading for people to donate what they have. Not being a person who sews I have nothing or at least I thought that was the case until I realized I have panties! LOL!

I buy packs of Hanes panties and every once in a while I'll get some that are cut smaller than the rest so they go unused languishing in the back of the drawer. Just fished out four pair of brand new panties and will bring to my friend who is sewing masks. Lots of elastic around the top and legs openings. She was psyched... laughing her head off but psyched.

If you know people who are working on these projects and searching for elastic pass it on. I've also heard of people cutting up elastic (Ace) bandages and cutting open bungie cords.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Woot! My friends are busy making masks (I don't sew) and everyone is running out of elastic. They have been pleading for people to donate what they have. Not being a person who sews I have nothing or at least I thought that was the case until I realized I have panties! LOL!

I buy packs of Hanes panties and every once in a while I'll get some that are cut smaller than the rest so they go unused languishing in the back of the drawer. Just fished out four pair of brand new panties and will bring to my friend who is sewing masks. Lots of elastic around the top and legs openings. She was psyched... laughing her head off but psyched.

If you know people who are working on these projects and searching for elastic pass it on. I've also heard of people cutting up elastic (Ace) bandages and cutting open bungie cords.
    Bungie cords are full of elastic strands.

Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

I buy packs of Hanes panties and every once in a while I'll get some that are cut smaller than the rest so they go unused languishing in the back of the drawer. Just fished out four pair of brand new panties and will bring to my friend who is sewing masks.
    KQ offers up her panties on TGR.

The forum can end now.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post

The forum can end now.
    I lol'd

Why didn't I think of cutting open a bungee..

What's the Walla Walla equivalent of Felonious Spunk?

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    Bungie cords are full of elastic strands.

a friend of mine cut into a bungie for this very reason, apparently some are full of elastic strands but some are not, so you risk trashing a bungie for nothing.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Went to work today. I am on a bi-weekly schedule until next week when I will begin weekly site visits. Usually the visits are a bit of a bore and not much changes and if it does it is always bad.
    I really enjoyed myself today, driving in my own truck, light traffic, choose whatever music fit the mood, had a decent lunch with me and good coffee.

It was -2 degrees when I started and got up to 27 near the end. Lots of fresh snow and mountains to admire, chatted with a couple of Superintendents for social outlet. saw some outrageous shit including a home that is just starting out of the ground and is covered by a huge fucking freestanding tent, like 200' x 200' and 30 feet tall. The concrete workers were amused that they could start laying out footings under the Big Top.

All in all it was a pretty good day.

Vibes to those of you stuck at home. I have to go back out tomorrow.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

My wife has been making masks. There's a way to use hair ties. However folks here have gone old fashioned and are making them with strings to tie them on. I gave up a few white undershirts. They work well.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post

The forum can end now.
    While I do admire your perversity, she clearly states that they are brand new. If you are that into panties, go to Target and buy some to wrap around your face.

Why is it so hard for people on a ski forum to score face masks? I've got a bunch of Buffs that I've been given over the years and never wear. Now I wear them. Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    While I do admire your perversity, she clearly states that they are brand new. If you are that into panties, go to Target and buy some to wrap around your face.

Why is it so hard for people on a ski forum to score face masks? I've got a bunch of Buffs that I've been given over the years and never wear. Now I wear them. Problem solved.
    I read that somewhere that poly fabrics don’t protect as well as cotton

My best friends mom is a NP. Her hospital gave her 3 N95s and told her to rotate them and the 1st one will be good on day 4. This was about her 4th rotation of them and today the mask failed while she was with a very sick COVID patient. Elastic at the attachment point for one of the straps pulled off. Hope she doesn’t come down with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post

if you are worried about disease why go to a store that doesn’t give a fuck?

The store had lots of toilet paper and paper towels today. Hand sanitizer, canned vegetables, back in stock. I even found a thermometer. Almost looked normal.

Thinking this could probably have it's own thread

Quote Originally Posted by whipski View Post
    Thinking this could probably have it's own thread
    El Hefe won the panty mask contest already.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Coronavirus complaint/commiseration thread.

The wife sews and she had the same issue, finding elastic...reach out to your friend network

Can also make masks with ribbon ties. Not as easy to wear, but still effective

Neighbor kid with a makerbot or some such laser cutter made some plastic size adjuster pieces so that the elastic masks can fit a whole range of head sizes

Strong work. Why cut them up? Just wear them as a stand-alone mask as indicated above.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

There is a shortage of Calidad flour tortillas. Sucks.