Page 62 of 62 FirstFirst ... 57 58 59 60 61 62
Results 1,526 to 1,547 of 1547
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Thanks.

Yeah, I'm an idiot but I'm not convinced that the value in life is all bling.

My dad was an accomplished physicist, on the Nobel college. We weren't rich, but he loved what he did and in making a life, what more is there than satisfaction.
    It sucks all the way around. My kid is just finishing up now and the online shit sucks from a learning perspective and for me a financial perspective, but there is no option. It just really blows as it is putting people's lives on hold. Stressful stuff, but the brightside is they're alive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Self Jupiter View Post
    My bad, I was trying to be funny the only way I know how, by quoting Caddyshack
    I laft!

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Why are we bothering with the mask thing if half the people won't wear them right. This is just nuts, noses uncovered, mouths barely covered often and then there's the ones that don't even try.
    Not to mention 50% of people wearing masks are wearing super thin bandannas and buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    The college thing is hard. Mine has decided to go ahead and see what happens. He's going to UVM for mechanical engineering which is 30 minutes away for us. However, there's a four semester on campus requirement which blows. He wants to get on with it, does not really want to spend a year living at home and working at Ace. I've told him to look online for windows IT jobs since he is A+ certified, but most of his level of work would more likely be in person deskside support. So far he hasn't been interested.
    I took an IT internship in college and I hated it so much I dropped out of school and became a ski bum. Don't push him on it too hard ;-) ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    Not to mention 50% of people wearing masks are wearing super thin bandannas and buffs.
    And they kind of flaunt it that they're wearing something they know is useless. It's that 'I'm gaming the system's look. I was in a town this morning where pretty much nobody was wearing masks.

I also found out that traveling is more challenging than it needs to be, there's hardly any place to pee.

Quote Originally Posted by Self Jupiter View Post
    My bad, I was trying to be funny the only way I know how, by quoting Caddyshack
    One should never apologize for quoting Caddyshack.

I rock bandanas as per the CDC mask making guidelines:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...-covering.html

I also am using all of my buffs. I fold them over into 3 layers.

So don't side-eye me in public.

The overall lack of social distancing and any kind of mask wearing by the majority of folks where I live has been driving me nuts since March 15, fwiw.
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

^^^ all of this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

I wear a procedure mask into any store or shop where close proximity is higher. I wear a buff when active: bikes, hiking, disc, golf, skiing, etc.... but mainly I just stay the fuck away from you and ask you do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star View Post
    I took an IT internship in college and I hated it so much I dropped out of school and became a ski bum. Don't push him on it too hard ;-) ;-)
    I went back to school in my late 20s and got a CS degree and ended up doing IT. He doesn't want to do IT, likes to make things, so ME is his plan. I do joke that he is more of the physics major type. He gets mad. He has the A+ cert because the engineering tech program at our HS tech center gave a scholarship for the class, not because that's what he wanted to do. It looks good on his resume. He also did a one month internship after the cert at the place that taught the class. It's good to have skills to fall back on or pay the bills. For now he's one of the HS kids who works at the local Ace.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star View Post
    Oh, and I almost forgot. There's only one who would give me the raspberry! Lone Star!

I haven't seen a mask other than a rare store worker in 2 weeks and social distancing does not compute.

I personally don't give a shit.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

I saw thousands of people wearing masks yesterday.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200602_193935 (2).jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	1.59 MB 
ID:	330555

Name:	IMG_20200602_194339.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	1.73 MB 
ID:	330556

And folks were giving each other more space than is typical in such a setting (first photo was at a bottleneck). Although after a few hours I increasingly saw masks around necks. Hope its enough to minimize transmission.

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    I saw thousands of people wearing masks yesterday.

Name:	IMG_20200602_193935 (2).jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	1.59 MB 
ID:	330555

Name:	IMG_20200602_194339.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	1.73 MB 
ID:	330556

And folks were giving each other more space than is typical in such a setting (first photo was at a bottleneck). Although after a few hours I increasingly saw masks around necks. Hope its enough to minimize transmission.
    those are great shots BD, and good on you for being out there......
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

The uselessness of it is disappointing at best. My wife and I just ran out to grab ice cream at Coldstone, the couple ahead of us were chin maskers and I said "hey it would be nice if you'd pull those up". I got a face full of spitting, sweaty mouth breather telling me, in no uncertain terms, what to do with my thoughts while backing me into the corner.

I fucking hate people...

Oddly enough many people probably feel the same of you.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

👹

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    That looks like a lot more fun than a normal graduation. I'm stealing this, but someone said that if your kid is upset about missing graduation, just have them sit in the hot sun wrapped in a shower curtain and then read names out of the phone book for 2 hours.

I skipped my college graduation after the high school one.
    I went to NYU. We had RBG and Darth Vader speak while sitting in Washington Park sipping a 40oz and eating kinish and roasted chestnuts. Would do again.

Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post
    Mid week is the new weekend.
    No around here. For sure way busier on the weekends. Like 1000 fold.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkgt View Post
    I wear a procedure mask into any store or shop where close proximity is higher. I wear a buff when active: bikes, hiking, disc, golf, skiing, etc.... but mainly I just stay the fuck away from you and ask you do the same.
    This. And what Dookey said.

I’m not bothered by the loose bandana wearer who is outside in public. No, it is not as effective as a surgical style mask, but it is better than nothing.

Some stores around here require a face covering. Others require an actual mask. I wear my mask when going inside. I wear a buff when biking. Mostly I steer away from others.

Those getting their panties all waded over what they perceive at virtue signaling need to deal with some personal shit. Stop projecting and assuming everyone thinks you are an asshole just become you think you are an asshole. I don’t care what you put on your face, or not, as long as you stay well away from me.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    The uselessness of it is disappointing at best. My wife and I just ran out to grab ice cream at Coldstone, the couple ahead of us were chin maskers and I said "hey it would be nice if you'd pull those up". I got a face full of spitting, sweaty mouth breather telling me, in no uncertain terms, what to do with my thoughts while backing me into the corner.

I fucking hate people...
    Wait, there are mouth breathers at Coldstone? Shocked. Why the fuck would you even go into that place if you are concerned about mouth breathers? Or food quality?

5 minutes before closing I should be able to run in and grab a pack of flying saucers out of the freezer safely. They have no soft serve and no open area for prep, it's almost all packaged and everything is completely inaccessible to the customers so food quality is probably higher than before. It was also the only ice cream shop open.

Name:  CECD0EF6-FCC5-4369-89FD-7442193A88DD.png
Views: 224
Size:  455.3 KB

Name:  88DD9C62-1B68-4947-B3EE-6D8EF5D89765.jpeg
Views: 228
Size:  42.6 KB
    . . .