Page 59 of 62 FirstFirst ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,475 of 1547
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    "Cleaners and repair people are being asked to suit up with masks, gloves, goggles and shoe coverings. "

On what planet?
    The refrigerator repair dude that came to the house earlier this week was outfitted as such...

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    The refrigerator repair dude that came to the house earlier this week was outfitted as such...
    Refrigerator repair. At least that was his cover story. Youve been probed.

I wonder how many old folks are thinking "I only have a few years left, do I want to spend them isolating or do I want to live like there's nothing wrong, since I'm going to die soon anyway." I'm starting to see the appeal of that approach; problem is that if I got the bug I would also be passing it on to people who want to stay alive.

I wonder how many old folks are thinking "I only have a few years left, do I want to spend them isolating or do I want to live like there's nothing wrong, since I'm going to die soon anyway." I'm starting to see the appeal of that approach; problem is that if I got the bug I would also be passing it on to people who want to stay alive.
    And you’d die alone. That would really stink to die staring an at an iPad of your wife.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Good friend is pissed at dad.
    He drives to the corner store for a paper and coffee.
    In his nineties.
    Never stopped. Not afraid of dying.
    Ironically he’s a multi millionaire and could get home delivery.
    But it’s his routine. And he’s going out with his boots on.
    God bless him. I respect that.
    . . .

Seems like if we got enough like minded people together us fatalistic geezers could take over a ski resort, exclude all non-geezers, run it until we're all just a bunch of covid mummies forever riding the lifts, and not worry about infecting others. How would we go about keeping the first responders out?

you realize you probably wouldn't actulay ski much if you are running or working at a ski resort ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    And you’d die alone. That would really stink to die staring an at an iPad of your wife.

I imagine that folks who think that way plan to die at home, quickly and painlessly, once they get sick. But if I were dying looking at my ipad, I'd be looking at TGR, for sure.

^^^Perfect!

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    you realize you probably wouldn't actulay ski much if you are running or working at a ski resort ?
    For starters, we could skip avalanche control. And ski patrol--if you break your leg you just lie there until you freeze to death. Let the bears, coyotes, raccoons, et al, pick your bones clean, collect the bones in the spring and build a fence.

The anthem of old farts.

RE: OGs analysis. Yep. Since we have very low rates in Montana it is pretty much business as usual now. There are some attempts at masks and SD but mostly its Fuckit.

OTOH I spoke with my sister today. She and my older sister are both immune-compromised and live in Atlanta. Sister I spoke with depends heavily on AA meetings and Zoom has gotten old for a lot of the members. Several have gone back to attending in person and some have developed the Covid. 2 in the hospital.

Sis is starting to come unraveled. I am little help.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

My 93 y/o Mom is certainly taking the virus seriously. Lives by herself, solves Suduku every day, and walks a mile with trekking poles everyday.

Always mask & gloves. No one allowed in her house. Has isopropyl alcohol spray for all items that enter her house. She is on a mission. Wants to hit 100 and keep on going.

"Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    She is on a mission. Wants to hit 100 and keep on going.

FKNA

I imagine that folks who think that way plan to die at home, quickly and painlessly, once they get sick. But if I were dying looking at my ipad, I'd be looking at TGR, for sure.
    It's not painless.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    My 93 y/o Mom is certainly taking the virus seriously. Lives by herself, solves Suduku every day, and walks a mile with trekking poles everyday.

Always mask & gloves. No one allowed in her house. Has isopropyl alcohol spray for all items that enter her house. She is on a mission. Wants to hit 100 and keep on going.

That's pretty awesome.

I’m starting to lose my shit because I’ve had to do some short in-person meetings and I’ve been the only one wearing a mask (N95). Feels incredibly weird to be the only one in a group of 6. Pisses me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    It's not painless.
    cumon a little pain never hurt anyone
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    I’m starting to lose my shit because I’ve had to do some short in-person meetings and I’ve been the only one wearing a mask (N95). Feels incredibly weird to be the only one in a group of 6. Pisses me off.
    Well at least you've got the right mask on for that situation. Fuck em but don't let em fuck you.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Well at least you've got the right mask on for that situation. Fuck em but don't let em fuck you.
    Fuck all of everybody else. I've been a huge dick to everyone that comes close to me at work. I wear double layer cloth mask with a 3m furnace filter insert in the pocket. Also wear safety glasses and hold my breath/refuse to talk when I enter a space I consider potentially infectious, which is anywhere anyone has been unless outside in a breeze.

It all matters.

I could stay socially isolated forever from close contact save for my family. It bothers me almost not at all to not hang or talk to people and I am not sure I'd start caring even after a couple years. Maybe I would but I doubt it. I feel as healthy as ever mentally (which isn't to say I don't have issues). I do have an awesome wife which helps. People are such assholes breathing all over everyone else right now. Fucking pricks. I don't get it. Mask up or fuck off.

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Fuck all of everybody else. I've been a huge dick to everyone that comes close to me at work. I wear double layer cloth mask with a 3m furnace filter insert in the pocket. Also wear safety glasses and hold my breath/refuse to talk when I enter a space I consider potentially infectious, which is anywhere anyone has been unless outside in a breeze.

It all matters.

I could stay socially isolated forever from close contact save for my family. It bothers me almost not at all to not hang or talk to people and I am not sure I'd start caring even after a couple years. Maybe I would but I doubt it. I feel as healthy as ever mentally (which isn't to say I don't have issues). I do have an awesome wife which helps. People are such assholes breathing all over everyone else right now. Fucking pricks. I don't get it. Mask up or fuck off.
    Had a guy start a convo with me in the grocery store parking lot sans mask. He kept getting closer to me and I kept backing up. I felt kinda rude but seriously dude, back off!
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Had a guy start a convo with me in the grocery store parking lot sans mask. He kept getting closer to me and I kept backing up. I felt kinda rude but seriously dude, back off!
    That happened to me Thursday outside at work with a peer coworker. He didn't seem offended when I backed away and told him repeatedly to stay back but he kept coming. I think it is just ingrained in some people. They cannot help it. Seems crazy to me since people are not drones.

That dude seemed not to be offended at all in the end. We communicated work info and moved on. Not that I cared. Distance was maintained.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I've noticed that some people have a natural distance they want to be from someone they're talking to, and as you inch away, they unconsciously inch towards you. And they think 4 feet is 6 feet.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

My 10 yo boy/girls twins have become super tight. They often play together for hours... with some occasionally intensive arguments and conflicts. It’s pretty great. Their play is sometimes very pandemic-related, which is interesting to observe. The boy, when he gets tired, has existential meltdowns, with are tough.

The 14 yo, I can’t believe he’s keeping it together! He shut down and shut us out when the schools closed at first, blatantly lying about doing his school work. For about a month he barely came out of his room. We got an email from his counselor this week that he’ll need to retake several classes this summer if he doesn’t turn in a shit load of work before Friday. It looks like he’s taking it to 11 now and will get it all done He is hopefully doing his first in-person social thing with friends tomorrow.

We’re all watching the last air bender series on Netflix. Two episodes most evening.

Our trampoline has been a really great thing. I’ve been working 50+ hr weeks lately and been the one doing all the town errands, so I’m often ignoring the family. A few minutes bouncing the kids around on the trampoline really does wonders!

If your n95 has a port, it’s the same as no mask.
    Don’t be so selfish.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    If your n95 has a port, it’s the same as no mask.
    Don’t be so selfish.
    It has no port. Huh?