Page 56 of 62 FirstFirst ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 1547
    Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    I'm enjoying the way things are now more than I enjoyed the pace of life before this whole thing started. Seriously. I hope things don't ever truly go back to the way they were. It will be nice to have a sense of normalcy return in due time, but I hope it looks different from the "normal" of a few months ago.

I'm less stressed, I have the time and energy to cook, I drink better beer than before and spend less, work is more pleasant, I have no qualms about wearing a mask and shopping less, etc. It's all good.
    Yeah. Although I crave to get back to back to socializing like the "good old days," I think there are a LOT of positives our society will be able to take away from all of this. Seems a lot of people have finally learned how to cook/bake, and that's awesome. Maybe we'll all start eating a bit healthier through this all. Maybe also learn to better discern the things that matter in life from all the bullshit that consumed too much of our time and resources.

Always knew how to cook and bake. Spent a few decades as a chef and a few more managing them. That said my cooking and baking skills are off the hook these days and quickly expanding again for the first time in decades. Our food cost keeps dropping. Started making our granola a few weeks back and now I’ve run out of yogurt. So, instead of running to the store I have I’ll make some tomorrow. Food cost is dropping, which is good as I’ve re discovered mountain biking. My kid is into it as well. Anyone knew tat sport is pricey? Saved about $6 a batch on the homemade granola. Only 547 more to go and I’ve got the cash I need for the bike I want.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Head to the Loire next time. No castles to canoe under in CA that I know of. Rolling, green country dotted with castles. Great road biking, decent trail biking and several rivers to paddle. Wine ain’t half bad. The only resemblance to CA is the farm to fork movement. The started theirs about 300 years ago, so we are catching up.

Or Cap Ferret which is Cape Cod I’m French. With tastier muscles.
    We enjoyed the Loire. I think my favorite part of the French countryside is Normandy and Brittany, but of course there's a huge part of France we haven't seen and never will, alas. Mont Saint Michel--special shrimp "you can only get there". (Crayfish). Special lamb that grazes in the salt marsh. (Salty tasting lamb. Duh. But quite good.)

Are you sure there's no castle to canoe under in Disneyland?

Biggest complaints right now:

Fucking mask makes my glasses fog NO MATTER what kind or how I wear it.

My truck is stuffed with stuff to go to goodwill. One drop off location available and hours-long lines.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post

My truck is stuffed with stuff to go to goodwill. One drop off location available and hours-long lines.
    Try washing your glasses. That helped me a bunch. And if that doesn't work, then rub spit on them like they were a scuba mask.

Thanks. Now that you mention it I do recall reading that somewhere..... done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

this is what works for my hockey shield to prevent fogging:

take the smallest amount of dish soap you can put on your finger - I mean like the tiniest drop - then use your fingertip to make the smallest drop of that on your lens - then use a dry finger and rub it all over until it dries and looks kinda foggy - then take a clean microfiber cloth and polish the fogginess away so that it's back to clear = no more fogging

Thanks. Now that you mention it I do recall reading that somewhere..... done.
    Not wearing a visored cap helps too
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Try washing your glasses. That helped me a bunch. And if that doesn't work, then rub spit on them like they were a scuba mask.
    Try not wearing a mask.

No fog. Easy peasy
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Try not wearing a mask.

No fog. Easy peasy
    I am saving people from my bad breathe (riffing on another post in another thread).

Try not wearing a mask.

No fog. Easy peasy
    Try not being a selfish douche nozzle. This shelter in place has brought out your true colors...asshole...its between brown and gray I'm told

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    Try not being a selfish douche nozzle. This shelter in place has brought out your true colors...asshole...its between brown and gray I'm told
    Most of my shits are between brown and grey.

But mostly brown. Downtown.
    . . .

@ oftpiste, masks that have a little piece of wire across the top that can be bent around your nose should help.

and what bennymac said.

The only goodwill in our town is still closed and the back of my poor wife’s car looks like she lives in it with all the stuff she has to drop off.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "They don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Try not wearing a mask.

No fog. Easy peasy

https://science.sciencemag.org/conte...cience.abc6197

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    @ oftpiste, masks that have a little piece of wire across the top that can be bent around your nose should help.

and what bennymac said.
    As I posted upthread, I fog even with a wire, although it helps Therefore, I have to go the extra mile and combine all of the known tricks to avoid fogging.

When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Yup. I do all that, I read the article when it came out. And I still get some fogging if I look down for too long. As I mentioned, I am a blast furnace.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    That world's in your head. Life's pretty normal here except you wear a mask to the store and the restaurants are closed for eat in but I ate like 95% of my food at home before this came down so I don't give a shit. I dig the masks, most people are fuckin ugly.
    Lack of schools, daycares, play dates is pretty tough on all the kids ( and parents that have to work from home with kids around). If I didn’t have kids, the changes would be pretty minimal besides not being able to visit family and the lack of tourism.

Yeah my kids are older but that's gotta be rough. And now summer camps canceling, both parents and kids must be losing it.

I love being asked to make a peanut butter sandwich 8x while saying, 'yes give me a minute' as I parse a dense work email. Brings out the best in me.

Shit give the kid a jar of peanut butter, a loaf of bread and a plastic knife and tell him (or her, of course) to have at it. What's the worst that could happen?

parenting tips from iceman

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Shit give the kid a jar of peanut butter, a loaf of bread and a plastic knife and tell him (or her, of course) to have at it. What's the worst that could happen?

parenting tips from iceman
    Absolutely works for the 6 year old, yes, no matter the mess she makes its worth it. The 3 year old is completely inept though, she doesn't pull her weight around the house, WTF.

L has made 3 passes in the last week, no go. Seems like spring cleaning corona has clogged at the thrift dropoffs.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    Absolutely works for the 6 year old, yes, no matter the mess she makes its worth it. The 3 year old is completely inept though, she doesn't pull her weight around the house, WTF.
    3 yo? Pffft! Past her prime already.

When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism