Page 8 of 62 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    I'm just trying to be grateful I'm alive most days but I'm super depressed.

I'm a single mom and a Realtor. Business is a disaster and I over leveraged myself to try to keep a "normal" life for my daughter. I've had her full time for the last 4 months (was 70%) so I was already stuggling to work enough. I've had an amazing life of horses and skiing and I wouldn't give a crap of I died from this except that I have a daughter I love more than myself. And I'm her person. So I have no choice but to try to suck it up and help her through this.

The mental load of all this is exhausting, I can't get enough sleep and I have no idea how I will manage after a couple of months. It's a brutal time for me right now and knowing how many people are suffering, many way worse than me just adds to the pain.

Thanks for the vent.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

I opened FB to see some friends on Vancouver island chose the middle of a Pandemic to open a new business making ... Coffins

enviromentaly sourced wood, hemp rope handles, they come flat packed and are easy to assemble
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by PowderHorse View Post

I'm a single mom and a Realtor. Business is a disaster and I over leveraged myself to try to keep a "normal" life for my daughter. I've had her full time for the last 4 months (was 70%) so I was already stuggling to work enough. I've had an amazing life of horses and skiing and I wouldn't give a crap of I died from this except that I have a daughter I love more than myself. And I'm her person. So I have no choice but to try to suck it up and help her through this.

The mental load of all this is exhausting, I can't get enough sleep and I have no idea how I will manage after a couple of months. It's a brutal time for me right now and knowing how many people are suffering, many way worse than me just adds to the pain.

Thanks for the vent.

Hang in there, PH.

Sending warm fuzzies your way. Hang in there.

Thanks for the vent.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Thanks for the vent.

If I can help in any way as a local, let me know.

And I so get this statement "It's a brutal time for me right now and knowing how many people are suffering, many way worse than me just adds to the pain." When there was bitching early in this thread that people posting here had it easy, that was my thought. We may have it easier than some (and I have it easier than you, since I'm not a single parent and have a paycheck), but knowing that others have it worse doesn't make me feel better, it just makes me feel shittier, from empathy, guilt, etc.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    This stay-at-home thing isn't going to end in two weeks, or probably even two months. I assume everyone is as depressed as I am about this?

Right now, besides the fact that I love my kids (4 and 6) but they are driving me absolutely crazy, my two biggest complaints are:

1. No live music. And everything this summer will likely be cancelled as well. I've always known that this was important to me but already missing multiple scheduled shows has proven to me that outside of doing outdoor stuff, this has always been one of the things that made me happy/kept me sane.

2. Just absolute despair that so many of the things that I love about my town are not going to survive this. There is absolutely no way that all of the breweries/coffee shops/restaurants that are part of daily life are coming back. And all of the people who work at those places, whether they knew my name or just my order...what the fuck are they doing right now? Will some of these places come back, with the employees I know? Sure. But not all. Other than getting take-out and tipping like 50% at every opportunity this makes me feel completely helpless and I can hardly drive through town without wanting to just drive my truck off a cliff.

I have never hoped that spring weather comes more than I do right now, either. Anyways. That's all I got for now. Hope everyone is holding up. Sorry for whining.
    Sorry you're feeling down man, you should go climb a mountain and ski it. Exercise is one of the best treatments for depression. Do something you have control over, maintain your feeling of vitality, because dwelling on powerlessness is a vexation of the soul. The stay at home order does not preclude exercising on public land. On a mountainside it's easy to keep a safe distance.
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

Hang in there PH. As dumb as it sounds, let that love of your child guide you through.

PH, you will weather this. When my mom left her 2nd husband, we were financially under the bus (how much so, I did not realize as a 12 year old). She applied for public housing assistance for cheap rent, so we lived in the projects for 5 years until she saved up enough to buy her own home. The lady often worked 2 jobs, at Firemens Fund in the day and cleaning offices at night. My mom was a hard worker her entire life. By time I was 17 she had met a super nice guy and they bought that house together. The rest is history, as we have all done well since that day. So hang in there and do what you have to do. This to will pass with hard work.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

One of the shittiest things about this garbage is that you die alone.

No loved ones around you.

Sad.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Millsie1 View Post
    I have a friend in Boston on a ventilator with Covid 19. Don't think he's going to make it.
    Bummer. Hoping they make it out.
    Its a coin toss 50/50 for most on a vent.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    I opened FB to see some friends on Vancouver island chose the middle of a Pandemic to open a new business making ... Coffins

enviromentaly sourced wood, hemp rope handles, they come flat packed and are easy to assemble

... kit coffins? gotta admit, i never really thought about this as a diy project.

how much?

gotta link?

Thanks for the vent.

are you a sole proprietor, independent contractor, self employed or a small business? if so, you may be able to file for some forgivable loans.

https://www.uschamber.com/sites/defa...loan_final.pdf

Old ski patrol friend of mine, now a nurse in Sun Valley, is on a vent with COVID. As good of a guy as can be.
    https://idahonews.com/news/coronavir...nges-they-face

((((((((((((((((((((((((((VIBES))))))))))))))))))) ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Quote Originally Posted by senior researcher View Post
    ((((((((((((((((((((((((((VIBES))))))))))))))))))) ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
    And prayers.

Young healthy dude.

That’s what’s so fucking scary. Random effects.
    And real quick decompensation.

If you know anyone sent home to shelter, or suffering flu or cough, you need to check in every few hours.

This shit gets ugly real quick without warning, when it gets ugly.
    But most of the time it resolves.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    And prayers.

Young healthy dude.

That’s what’s so fucking scary. Random effects.
    And real quick decompensation.

If you know anyone sent home to shelter, or suffering flu or cough, you need to check in every few hours.

This shit gets ugly real quick without warning, when it gets ugly.
    But most of the time it resolves.
    You were the one bitching about not testing and mobile workers getting ppe..
    Facepalm.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    You were the one bitching about not testing and mobile workers getting ppe..
    Facepalm.
    Did you read the story?

Dudes a nurse. He knows what bad health is.

With the four day test, no one is treated in the ED based on the test.

They check o2 sats. And get a chest X-ray.

This poor bastard probably had visible ground glass lung pneumonia etc.

So your saying if only he had a Burger King drive through test he would be better?
    Oh wait. He did get tested. Not saying he’s a drive thru asshat. I think he got tested as a likely exposed health care hero.
    But the test results come too late.

Take a cruise.

And yes, when he was admitted, it was by frontline workers wearing the same mask for multiple patients, defying all modern medical hygiene.

Save the ppe for the hospital.

Wake up
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Old ski patrol friend of mine, now a nurse in Sun Valley, is on a vent with COVID. As good of a guy as can be.

Dammit.
    Vibes to all of you.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post

Just saw on FB that he is off the vent! (I don't know him personally, just a friend of a friend)

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Did you read the story?

Dudes a nurse. He knows what bad health is.

With the four day test, no one is treated in the ED based on the test.

They check o2 sats. And get a chest X-ray.

This poor bastard probably had visible ground glass lung pneumonia etc.

So your saying if only he had a Burger King drive through test he would be better?
    Oh wait. He did get tested. Not saying he’s a drive thru asshat. I think he got tested as a likely exposed health care hero.
    But the test results come too late.

Take a cruise.

And yes, when he was admitted, it was by frontline workers wearing the same mask for multiple patients, defying all modern medical hygiene.

Save the ppe for the hospital.

Wake up
    You idiot, he was the guy at the drive in.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Sorry for ranting. Jesse Vanderhoof is a real human. And I wish him a full recovery.

Young healthy man.
    And a good friend of a maggot.

Just keep a close eye on sick friends.
    Shit can go bad in hours, not days.

Hugs and prayers
    . . .

I knew Jesse back in the Snowbasin days. I wish him well.

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    ... kit coffins? gotta admit, i never really thought about this as a diy project.

how much?

gotta link?
    If you think of it a coffin is really just a large piece of furniture

https://www.facebook.com/Evergreen-C...I3unD0TRiY--iD
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Since this is the general complaint thread though....

1) Does anyone actually think we'll see NCAA football or NFL this season? If so, I'm guessing they will have to limit spectators. I think sports will remain cancelled for all of 2020.
    2) Anyone else get the sense that the Government is not planning this thing out for 6-12 months? or at best, they are not making it public that they are planning that long-term.
    3) What the fuck is going on with these earthquakes right now? Coincidence, or my tin foil hat says Bill Gates and Co. planned this Pandemic to force us to stay home with family before the world ends.

Am I losing it?

Serious about #1 though. People are not realizing that team sports are NOT going to happen this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    Am I losing it?

Serious about #1 though. People are not realizing that team sports are NOT going to happen this year.

esports... athletes vs the spectators.

nascar and f1 already online.

https://kotaku.com/f1-is-cancelled-s...the-1842446884

https://kotaku.com/nascar-drivers-ar...-go-1842478763

https://nascar.nbcsports.com/2020/03...reamed-online/