Page 12 of 62 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    you might be able to find a virtual partner/date for that......
    Google Duo / WhatsApp Rontele
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Uggh the assisted living facility my father in law lives in has the dubious distinction of having the highest infection and death rate of anyplace in CT. They've lost 13 residents so far and have 17 currently sick. The residents have been confined to their apartments for over 2 weeks now so it's not spreading among them but the staff is bringing it in every day. They keep refusing to lock staff in because people say they'll just quit before they submit to that and they won't have enough staff to run the place if that happens. We also can't take him out because we have no place for him to be in our house and we only have one bathroom, doesn't work too well with 5 people.
    It's no consolation, but your story helped my wife convince her sisters and her mom that her mom should leave her retirement community after it had its first positive, and go stay with daughter & son-in-law who have been socially distanced for the past two weeks.

So maybe you saved my mother-in-law. Thank you.

The local ski hill (which still allows uphill traffic) was actually crowded yesterday - parking lots full, and I probably passed 30 people on the standard climbing route.

It's a bunch of fuckers that fled Seattle. Every single short term rental in town is booked. And now, as could be expected, our number of confirmed positive cases is shooting up. Our small, fairly rural valley has now passed Missoula in number of cases.

Fuck these people that fled population centers and brought that shit to us. And double fuck them because they're all gaping around the ski hill on the 15 year old touring setups they just bought, and they're gonna wind up in the hospital.

Sorry to read your post toast

How many maggots are in their second homes fleeing where ever the fuck they made a living?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    The local ski hill (which still allows uphill traffic) was actually crowded yesterday - parking lots full, and I probably passed 30 people on the standard climbing route.

It's a bunch of fuckers that fled Seattle. Every single short term rental in town is booked. And now, as could be expected, our number of confirmed positive cases is shooting up. Our small, fairly rural valley has now passed Missoula in number of cases.

Fuck these people that fled population centers and brought that shit to us. And double fuck them because they're all gaping around the ski hill on the 15 year old touring setups they just bought, and they're gonna wind up in the hospital.
    If you are referring to the valley I think you are, then I'm not too surprised about it. Lot's of vacation rentals sit empty up there this time of the year, and I imagine many owners are more than happy to be filling beds right now when they need it (especially since the summer tourism numbers are going to take a beating up there).

But let's be honest, there are plenty of rural redneck rightwing bible-thumping motherfuckers up there that are more than willing to buy into the 'virus is a hoax' conspiracy. After growing up there, it's amazing how much of a bubble people can put themselves into, even by our state's standards. I don't wish them ill will, but this is going to be a hard lesson for many up there.

Sorry Toast.
    Our valley 'banned' VRBO's and all short term rentals, closed all hotels. Today the sheriff said they are going to write summons to people violating the "5 people 6' gathering" rules. Resorts talking about closing to uphilling because people are just doing whatever they want. Some bozo's bbq-ing in the parking lot, bros passing around bongs. Play time is over?

Your valley sounds like mine - one of the places people flee to when times are bad. Hope what we're going is enough.

Quote Originally Posted by S_jenks View Post
    If you are referring to the valley I think you are, then I'm not too surprised about it. Lot's of vacation rentals sit empty up there this time of the year, and I imagine many owners are more than happy to be filling beds right now when they need it (especially since the summer tourism numbers are going to take a beating up there).

But let's be honest, there are plenty of rural redneck rightwing bible-thumping motherfuckers up there that are more than willing to buy into the 'virus is a hoax' conspiracy. After growing up there, it's amazing how much of a bubble people can put themselves into, even by our state's standards. I don't wish them ill will, but this is going to be a hard lesson for many up there.
    Yup (talking about the Flathead, which I'm sure you guessed correctly). One of the rental management companies was actually advertising to try to attract "city folk" to come shelter in the valley. Which pissed pretty much everyone off. There's rumblings that the Mayor is going to shut down short term rentals in the next day or two. We'll see how that goes.

But yeah, it'll be interesting to see how the local hillbilly community fares through this. On one hand, they think it's a hoax. On the other hand, a bunch of them are preppers and this is their time to shine. And regardless, a lot of them more or less keep to themselves either way about it. So far, the most egregious social distance violations I've seen are mostly the local bro-brahs clustering around and passing joints, like MiddleofNight mentioned.

On the bright side, the snow is really good right now, and there's some great (albeit mellow) skiing to be had. And the Seattle-ites on their newly acquired touring gear don't know their way around, so they're only tracking up the obvious stuff.

Edit to add pic of nice skiing:

edit 2: fuck. it's sideways. the world really is going to shit.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200402_173452(0).jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	1.83 MB 
ID:	323456

Yup (talking about the Flathead, which I'm sure you guessed correctly). One of the rental management companies was actually advertising to try to attract "city folk" to come shelter in the valley. Which pissed pretty much everyone off. There's rumblings that the Mayor is going to shut down short term rentals in the next day or two. We'll see how that goes.

But yeah, it'll be interesting to see how the local hillbilly community fares through this. On one hand, they think it's a hoax. On the other hand, a bunch of them are preppers and this is their time to shine. And regardless, a lot of them more or less keep to themselves either way about it. So far, the most egregious social distance violations I've seen are mostly the local bro-brahs clustering around and passing joints, like MiddleofNight mentioned.

On the bright side, the snow is really good right now, and there's some great (albeit mellow) skiing to be had. And the Seattle-ites on their newly acquired touring gear don't know their way around, so they're only tracking up the obvious stuff.

Edit to add pic of nice skiing:

edit 2: fuck. it's sideways. the world really is going to shit.
    That sucks, toast. Still pretty isolated here in the 8th best place, although there were a couple Missoula cars in the lot yesterday. We went sidecountry because no dogs allowed on area. The skiing has been good.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200402_195648.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	1.29 MB 
ID:	323461

Love that shot, yeahman.

Discussion of the Flathead scene is amusing from my little pov in the Sound. You guys have it pretty good out there currently, at least in a recreational sense, lest you forget. Things are locked up a bit tighter in WA, with ski hills preventing all travel, trailheads closed, etc. Hopefully the techbrobitches can keep their bones straight and their mouths covered, and they shoudn't have traveled. But I see the draw.

Peaks around here are plastered white and it's half maddening to keep it chill in the lowlands. Makes a guy consider shit like converting a Nomad into a 1000W ebike. And trampolines.

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Love that shot, yeahman.

Discussion of the Flathead scene is amusing from my little pov in the Sound. You guys have it pretty good out there currently, at least in a recreational sense, lest you forget. Things are locked up a bit tighter in WA, with ski hills preventing all travel, trailheads closed, etc. Hopefully the techbrobitches can keep their bones straight and their mouths covered, and they shoudn't have traveled. But I see the draw.

Peaks around here are plastered white and it's half maddening to keep it chill in the lowlands. Makes a guy consider shit like converting a Nomad into a 1000W ebike. And trampolines.
    For sure, we have it good recreationally.

It will be less good if the influx of diseased Seattle-ites cause our small hospital to be overwhelmed in a couple weeks.

For sure, we have it good recreationally.

It will be less good if the influx of diseased Seattle-ites cause our small hospital to be overwhelmed in a couple weeks.
    +1

So far our hospital is head above water. knock on wood. I'm unsure about how bad it could get .. but thinking of our health care capacity is scary.

I like to think we're a small community, distant by our nature .. and overall quite fit.
    Hopefully you're like that too, and those who get this crap get it really mild and recover quick.

great pics guys.
    Last edited by MiddleOfNight; 04-03-2020 at 01:46 PM. Reason: not 'sick' pics. bad word choice

Of course. That's the shit of it.

Keep the pics coming please, keep going out there. Your e-buddies need yall now, eh.

that dog looks like he's having a blast. Great shot.

Dog stoke !

Sherriff in town isn't happy with the owner of the local motel/campground right now. Just had like 5 campers show up with Washington plates. It's been interesting seeing the various forms of ghetto cars/camper setups going down the interstate lately. Honestly most look more of the lost my job/home variety then I'm gonna go camping while I wait this out types. There's also been outfitters who are advertising "quarantine" specials on their lodging, telling people to come to montana to get away. Let's say they have been met with significant push back.

Great pic yeahman. Figured that last refresh helped out up there.

Fucking car insurance. I have a 17 year old who thinks he is going to be a soccer star, with his senior star glory season now canceled, and he didn't make a B average last semester so our insurance just skyrocketed.

All these boneheads that want their money back from the Ikon Pass but nobody is asking for refunds for car insurance. My stepson basically hasn't driven anywhere in three weeks. My wife hasn't driven to work in three weeks. I basically drive to work and back and to a park a couple of miles away to run the dogs. There is no traffic! Very few accidents. Car insurance companies are making an absolute killing on this thing.

I think I am going to ping my congressman.
    Last edited by uglymoney; 04-03-2020 at 07:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Fucking car insurance. I have a 17 year old
    Try an 18yo, 17yo and 15yo.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    You know what would help?
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Interesting read - sure it's already been posted:

Why An Idaho Ski Destination has one of the Highest Covid-19 Infection Rates in the Nation.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Omg. I hope you are a dentist.

been there. brutal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Omg. I hope you are a dentist.
    No. I'm not. And if this shit appears to be going on past April, I'm dropping those fucks from my policy.

Sunroom isolation quarantine internment, day 11

Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<