Page 5 of 62 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by getoutside View Post
    ^^ thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Are you parents allowing your kids some time with other neighborhood kids outside, 6’ apart?
    We shut that down last weekend...as others did in our neighborhood.

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    Fuck.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using TGR Forums mobile app
    That sucks. He's been touring so much. Didn't he have to because he lost money to bad financial management? Like Leonard Cohen? Totally sucks.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    im just gonna leave this for mr. prine
    fished today
    aint got no text that we shut down so me and the god will be rollin in ~ 4:20 for another nofunday again
    the mount bench radio will be john prine cranked
    and ill be whistling along
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    The chain of shit that has happened to me since early October would take long paragraphs to detail. I've been pretty badly hurt, then very sick, then quite badly hurt again, and then I had a hip replacement. Finally I rallied from the hip pretty much and now I've been locked down for coronavirus for 2 solid weeks. 15 days actually. Except for a brief trip to Austin in January (which is when I got really sick, with symptoms very much like coronavirus, but it was probably just a flu), I've been here in this house pretty much 24/7. Well with a day in the hospital for the hip.

I've basically been in the house since October. It's a nice house. My whole family and the dogs are here and there's plenty to eat. But man am I sick of it. Not very big problems in the scale of things but these walls are closing in, man.
    this was the first year I didn't ski with you since you walked into club solitude woke me up and introduced yourself
    were gonna fish it may be the end of summer could be fall
    itll happen
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

6 day Retallack trip was canceled 2 weeks ago. All of my mountain biking buddies are freaked the fuck out and don't want to ride anything fun, so we're all confined to xc or gravel. Riding 10' apart from each other.

I'm fortunate that a lot of my work in the construction industry is Hospital, University, and Biotech. The rest of my coworkers that do a lot of large office space are gonna take a major hit.

Guess this is the place to go to unload some self pity and move on right. Broken knee has had me non weight bearing for over three weeks with another five and half to go until partial weight bearing and then another month and a half until full and hopefully the road can begin back to recovery. Basically can’t do anything. No help around the house and wife is doing everything. She is a nurse in a hospital where two doctors just tested positive. Watching my leg shrink sucks. Not getting the exercise release sucks. But feeling useless and that I am going to be that way for a long time when I really need/want to step up sucks the most. Worried how I will be able to care for her if she gets sick.

Anyway both our parents are gone so no need to worry about that. First grandchild is due in two months, but keeping social distance so visits happen from the car.

No need for vibes or anything, just needed a moment on the pity potty. Lots of folks have it way worse and I am thankful for what I have.

I'm trying to drink away the part of the day that I cannot sleep away.- Modest Mouse
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Coronavirus complaint/commiseration thread.

Drinking more frequently is making me fat. Considering taking up smoking cigs again to balance it out.

Quote Originally Posted by zartagen View Post
    My girlfriend of 5 years decided we were done 3 weeks ago, leaving me homeless and heartbroken. Thankfully, my friends have a spare room I'm staying in now. I'm thankful I don't have to be alone. These are the darkest days of my life. Skiing, climbing, and paragliding, the things I lived for during the last 10 years, my mental escapes, are all basically shut down. On top of that, not being able to date for the foreseeable future is soul crushing. There is nothing I want more right now than some intimate human contact.

BUT, I have an essential government job that is not going away, I have no debt and a bunch of savings to lean on. Yeah, my 401k took a big hit, but at least I have one. I have friends to pass the time with during the shelter in place. I get to go to work with zero traffic, and I still get paid every 2 weeks. Bike rides are nice with so little car traffic. I'm in my early 30s, so my chances of dying of covid are lower than those older than me. And someday, this will be over and I will have pushed through adversity, coming out a attributed, better person. I'm trying to keep perspective, because even though my shit sucks right now, I will be fine in the end.
    Vibes.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Self Jupiter View Post
    Drinking more frequently is making me fat. Considering taking up smoking cigs again to balance it out.
    Make it a cigarette nine miles long

I think the singing mailman is done. Hospital Thursday. Intubated Saturday. Already had lung cancer.
    . . .

The news that the odds are good and getting better that there will be a respirator for me fails to be comforting.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

I would rather be a fat fuck than smoke tobacco. YRMV
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Sounds like my past two weeks. Except my kid is 8. And took up trail biking again. My old bike was is such shape I busted the chain the their day. Now I’m learning how to work on my bike.

At least I have time to deal with the rats that just found a way into my ground level storage room. Battle is on motherfuckers.
    if they are digging tunnels, I had success with Giant Destroyer Smoke Bombs a few years ago when I had an infestation in my chicken pen. Very effective AND fun as hell.

If you get COVID, just cough on the rats.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    I would rather be a fat fuck than smoke tobacco. YRMV
    Ball kick with a hint of smug superiority. Sounds presidential.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Are you parents allowing your kids some time with other neighborhood kids outside, 6’ apart?
    No, though part of that is due to age; our oldest is 4.5, and we frankly don't trust her to stay away from people. It's been tough on her though, since she's an extrovert like me.

I did have a 6' happy hour with a neighbor the other day. He brought his own drink and camp chair and setup 8-10' away from me, on the other side of the sidewalk, for a chat. There are articles out there talking about how even that much contact/proximity isn't 'social distancing,' but I figure the suuuuper minor additional transmission risk was worth the mental health boost.

I could use a solid vent so here goes. Dealing with kids 15, 13, 4, I am a step dad to the two older, which means shared parenting time with a Cluster B fuck, the type that makes simple things a nightmare. That has been our normal for the last 7 years, add in Covid = fucking parenting disaster. These kids can't turn 18 fast enough. Our kids hate us because at dad's house they can see friends, at our house they can't. We are stuck on the court ordered weekly schedule that is setting us all up to get infected from the movement of the kids and there is nothing we can do to stop it. (spent 5 years in court with the fucker and got no where).

Quote Originally Posted by easyrdr View Post
    I could use a solid vent so here goes. Dealing with kids 15, 13, 4, I am a step dad to the two older, which means shared parenting time with a Cluster B fuck, the type that makes simple things a nightmare. That has been our normal for the last 7 years, add in Covid = fucking parenting disaster. These kids can't turn 18 fast enough. Our kids hate us because at dad's house they can see friends, at our house they can't. We are stuck on the court ordered weekly schedule that is setting us all up to get infected from the movement of the kids and there is nothing we can do to stop it. (spent 5 years in court with the fucker and got no where).
    I've been wondering how this sort of thing is working for some families. Is it really social distancing to bounce between two homes like that? How can you control what the other half of the equation is doing? Doesn't that invite potential for bringing something back to your house or visa versa for him? Not saying kids shouldn't see both parents, but that's got to be tricky, especially if the ex's aren't on good terms.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mike View Post
    if they are digging tunnels, I had success with Giant Destroyer Smoke Bombs a few years ago when I had an infestation in my chicken pen. Very effective AND fun as hell.
    Tried some of these the other day for Moles.......light, cover w dirt etc....

Next morning the moles had pushed all of the now-spent cartridges back up and completely out of the tunnels...completely out. fuckin moles schoolin me....damn

Quote Originally Posted by pepperdawg View Post

Next morning the moles had pushed all of the now-spent cartridges back up and completely out of the tunnels...completely out. fuckin moles schoolin me....damn
    Man they're some annoying little fuckers right?!

Coronavirus complaint/commiseration thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    I've been wondering how this sort of thing is working for some families. Is it really social distancing to bounce between two homes like that? How can you control what the other half of the equation is doing? Doesn't that invite potential for bringing something back to your house or visa versa for him? Not saying kids shouldn't see both parents, but that's got to be tricky, especially if the ex's aren't on good terms.
    Deep in my list of contingency plans I have one to just bail on them all. EX, fat new hubby, kids. It’s Right after the one where rob the neighbors and steal their TP.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

nothing to do except be online, but of course being online is more unbearable than ever before. I basically want to murder everyone I know with a hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by Cravenmorhead View Post
    No, though part of that is due to age; our oldest is 4.5, and we frankly don't trust her to stay away from people. .
    Our three old puts her mouth on water fountain nozzles to drink and generally likes to lick random surfaces. So, she is on lock-down through this.

Quote Originally Posted by pepperdawg View Post

Mix hot water with Chinese hot pepper powder and pour that into the holes. Keeps them out for a few days at least.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<