Page 55 of 62 FirstFirst ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 1547
    weed store and liqour stores were deemed an essential service up here so they never closed down, with nobody working they had lots of free time to smoke weed, so business has been really good according to the ski buds who recently opened the store
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Well the weed store's back open here, I guess we're gonna make it through this after all.
    How are they going to deal with demand? Lines were bad before in western Mass..

Fortunately, I have a very good friend in Colorado.

Well the weed store's back open here, I guess we're gonna make it through this after all.
    Weed just isn't the same after it's been sprayed with clorox.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Not sure. But I know it's curbside pickup only, you can't go in the store.

Intercity youth have been providing this service for decades, what goes around comes around...

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    I’m sure other people are dealing with this but some of our kid’s friend’s parents are “over this” and think it’s fake news, overblown, and “we’re letting our kids have play dates”. We’re not comfortable with this at all and when our kid hears about how some of her friends are getting together. it makes her sad. However,she gets it as we’ve stressed the importance of listening to science, but it just sucks to tell her she can’t have play dates. Instead, distanced visits will have to do. And it sucks cause we’ve lost a lot of respect for some of our friends who are so cavalier about this.
    I don't know how old your kids are, but mine are 3 and 5 (two Zoom birthdays this spring!).

We have had them pretty well locked-down. But we are looking at swim lessons this summer as an opportunity to socialize. If they are outdoors in a small group in a big chlorine dunk, that's probably as safe as we can make it. And it's not safe to not be drown-proof. We aren't there yet with either kid.

We are also considering letting them ride bikes with friends a bit. They're good little cyclists and that at least keeps them a few feet apart and outside.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sirshredalot View Post
    I don't know how old your kids are, but mine are 3 and 5 (two Zoom birthdays this spring!).

We have had them pretty well locked-down. But we are looking at swim lessons this summer as an opportunity to socialize. If they are outdoors in a small group in a big chlorine dunk, that's probably as safe as we can make it. And it's not safe to not be drown-proof. We aren't there yet with either kid.

We are also considering letting them ride bikes with friends a bit. They're good little cyclists and that at least keeps them a few feet apart and outside.

All the little kids in the neighborhood riding their little bikes running me off the sidewalk. The little fuckers can get sick afaic, then they'll have to stay home. ; - )

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    Intercity youth have been providing this service for decades, what goes around comes around...
    Ha, it'll be like old times!

Serious traffic jams in Northampton and Barrington. But, maybe not. Only so many sales allowed before that happens.

It's a huge market. NY, CT., NJ, PA, Vt, and NH. Those other states are letting Mass. get all the tax dollars.

We’ve gone riding bikes with our kid’s friend and watch them closely.

After talking to a friend who’s a doc in the ICU in Denver today, I’m less optimistic about being ok letting kids get together. She said they’ve been treating a mom there who got CV from a Mother’s Day family gathering with many kids from all over. She likely got it from an asymptomatic kid and is now on a vent struggling to live. Under 50.

There's a lot of blowing and spitting that goes on in pools with little kids clearing their mouths and noses of pool water when they surface not to mention wiping water from their eyes. That said it's not polio so if they keep a distance from others probably okay.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Serious traffic jams in Northampton and Barrington. But, maybe not. Only so many sales allowed before that happens.

It's a huge market. NY, CT., NJ, PA, Vt, and NH. Those other states are letting Mass. get all the tax dollars.
    try the one in Pittsfield benny. pre order for no line up and much better prices than Great Barrington.

https://berkshireroots.com

They had shit for edibles last year. I'll check them out. Barrington is a really nice drive for me, and the road biking is nice.

My daughter was going crazy missing her friends, so with a bunch of parental gesticulations and admonitions, we let her go try to play tennis with a friend, a decent long distance kind of activity.

All the courts were locked up so they went to the high school parking lot and swatted the ball back and forth there.

She came home much happier and promised to have kept her distance and her mask on.

We're such isolationists, it doesn't really bother the rest of us.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

My daughter, SIL and the the grandkids have been 99.9% in self quarantine with WFH and school from home. Mrs. and I felt comfortable eating a rack of BBQ ribs outdoors at the same picnic table for Memorial day.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

I just could not live in the worlds that you impose on yourselves.
    No judgements, just fuck that.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Fortunately, I have a very good friend in Colorado.
    Online order and curbside pickup. At GB you wait until you have a time slot to even pull into the parking lot, no ordering and waiting you'll be asked to leave. I like the store in Lee much better.

Did you get signed up with the CT med program?

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    im wearin a dog collar with the bandana today
    spikelife

"Maybe we oughta help him see the future ain't what it used to be"
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Online order and curbside pickup. At GB you wait until you have a time slot to even pull into the parking lot, no ordering and waiting you'll be asked to leave. I like the store in Lee much better.

Did you get signed up with the CT med program?
    I was thinking about it, but, I have a very good friend in Colorado.

ST. LOUIS—Following more than a month of halfhearted adherence to guidelines put in place to combat Covid-19, local man Luke Bradley confirmed Friday that he was unsure if he could take another six weeks of barely adopting practices recommended by the Centers for Disease Control. “I honestly don’t know how much longer I can keep running cold water over my hands for a few seconds every time I’ve been in a public space,” said Bradley, who explained that the changes he had made to his personal routines, such as reducing his trips to the corner store for snacks and beverages to twice a day, had begun to take a heavy toll on his mental health. “I’m about to hit my breaking point, especially with social distancing. It’s so depressing when you can only hang out with a few different groups of friends on a Friday night instead of going to a club or a big house party. Oh, and God help you if you post pictures of yourself on social media with your arms around a bunch of your pals, because you’ll get attacked for being ‘part of the problem.’ Seriously, how long can a person stay home from work every time he experiences a fever and prolonged coughing fits before he completely loses it?” Bradley went on to bemoan the fact that he wasn’t even allowed to see his grandmother, adding that if the 87-year-old woman could survive diabetes, lupus, and the loss of half a lung to cancer, she ought to be able to survive a visit from a loved one.

You hit up any Eagle county restaurants or breweries yet?

That world's in your head. Life's pretty normal here except you wear a mask to the store and the restaurants are closed for eat in but I ate like 95% of my food at home before this came down so I don't give a shit. I dig the masks, most people are fuckin ugly.

Yeah, kids not having activities/friends is tough, rest isn't that different. Lots of outside time and less driving.
    I miss my Dad though.

I'm enjoying the way things are now more than I enjoyed the pace of life before this whole thing started. Seriously. I hope things don't ever truly go back to the way they were. It will be nice to have a sense of normalcy return in due time, but I hope it looks different from the "normal" of a few months ago.

I'm less stressed, I have the time and energy to cook, I drink better beer than before and spend less, work is more pleasant, I have no qualms about wearing a mask and shopping less, etc. It's all good.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    The food and wine are of course marvelous but I think to get the full benefit of the South of France you have to live someplace cold and gloomy, like England, or Germany. As a Californian some of the appeal was lost on me--although it was still a great trip.
    Head to the Loire next time. No castles to canoe under in CA that I know of. Rolling, green country dotted with castles. Great road biking, decent trail biking and several rivers to paddle. Wine ain’t half bad. The only resemblance to CA is the farm to fork movement. The started theirs about 300 years ago, so we are catching up.

Or Cap Ferret which is Cape Cod I’m French. With tastier muscles.