Page 30 of 62 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast
    Dr Pimple Popper

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    One day, out of the blue, my cousin said, "Ya know, if you were gonna be a doctor, you should be a dermatologist." I asked why, and he said, "because your patients never get better but they never die. It's a goldmine!"
    Reminds me of the guy who figured out that being a veterinarian and a taxidermist means that every customer will get their dog back one way or another.

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    Anyone have friends/ friends of friends getting stiffed by their tenants yet?
    Yep. I tell them that thankfully gravity is guaranteed. I have many friends, the best friends.
    bumps are for poor people

Quote Originally Posted by westoxified View Post
    Yep. I tell them that thankfully gravity is guaranteed. I have many friends, the best friends.
    Is this like a gangsta riddle?

One day, out of the blue, my cousin said, "Ya know, if you were gonna be a doctor, you should be a dermatologist." I asked why, and he said, "because your patients never get better but they never die. It's a goldmine!"
    Skin Cancer!

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    You're right, I've never had vertigo and didn't suggest otherwise. My former father in law does, and that's what worked for him. My ex also has had it and it didn't work at all and only made her more sick. People are different.
    When it's firing, weed makes it much, much worse, but I appreciate the suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by UTpowder View Post
    Don’t know what’s causing your vertigo but the most often cause I see is because of BPPV. Try a couple of these exercises especially the Eply. Can’t hurt and may solve the problem

https://www.webmd.com/brain/home-remedies-vertigo
    Thanks! My MIL sent me the EPLEY maneuver early on, but I forgot about it. The dizziness fortunately hasn't been constant, but comes on in the evenings. I have some hearing loss and tinnitus in my right ear that seems to be related. My PCP put me on Flonase and suggested I stay off the trampoline for a bit. Haven't had the intense dizziness since, but I started both on the same day. Still have the hearing loss and tinnitus, which switched to the left ear yesterday, and is now in both. I was certain the trampoline made things worse, but I'm afraid it could be a major culprit.

That was the last warm day. It's been grim pretty much ever since, 50's and grey mostly. Haven't sat in that chair since.
    We were just lamenting the fact that this is the first real spring we've had since we moved here. Cool weather with a nice cycle of sunny, cloudy, rainy. I'm really enjoying it.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Yeah well, that's just like, your opinion, man.

For me, after being busted up all winter, I'm just trying to get in shape and get healthy and soak up some vitamin D and the weather's been gettin me down a little. Somebody turned on the firehose last night and left it on, it's pouring here (and I'm sure in C'ville too) today. Basta!

Quote Originally Posted by Art Shirk View Post
    I think my allergist's practice is suffering. For some context, I am deathly allergic to peanuts. This has been confirmed by blood tests, scratches tests and those two times I almost died, one of which was as an adult. Anyway, I get a call from my allergist and he tells me I should schedule a time to come on in and chow down on some peanuts for a food challenge. I sort of tolerated the guy as a care provider because all I really do is have a few tests run every few years. He's always been dismissive, short and generally non-consultative. And now out of the blue, he has some grand recommendation that he proactively reaches out about.

I suppose one way to drum up some dollars is to invite your patients in for a anaphylactic buffet and then administer potentially life saving measures with varied success.
    That is jacked up.

I had a crown scheduled at my dentist and then town shut down. Their office called to reschedule yesterday. I know they are hurting right now-I occasionally talk to my dentist outside of his practice. Their openings start next Monday and I told them I rather wait a couple months to see how things shake out and they were totally cool with that as long as I don't have any pain. I like those guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Art Shirk View Post
    The dude even told me to bring my own peanuts and epinephrine.

The call is really only starting to sink in. He basically called up and said “Hey, I’m the dude who has never previously given a shit about you but now I have a great idea. You know how I’ve been telling you you could die from peanuts for years? Well, that may or not be true so I think you should go buy some peanuts and bring them to me and I’ll feed them to you and then when you can’t breathe, make sure you have some life saving medicine on hand. And ensure your insurance is up to date so I can charge you for this experience.”

When you put it like that it sounds like you buying a ticket to the world's worst amusement park that relies on it's patrons' insurance when shit goes wrong. Also, you have to bring your own emt for when shit eventually does.

Make sure you wear a go-pro.
    I still call it The Jake.

Yeah well, that's just like, your opinion, man.

For me, after being busted up all winter, I'm just trying to get in shape and get healthy and soak up some vitamin D and the weather's been gettin me down a little. Somebody turned on the firehose last night and left it on, it's pouring here (and I'm sure in C'ville too) today. Basta!
    Ha! I posted that thinking you were up North, forgot you're hanging down here. The rain and cold keep people off the trails, so I think that's improving my opinion of the crappy days. We're also right up against the mountains. It's not a huge difference, but I feel certain we get a little more sun here than regionally.

Hang in there, buddy. It'll be sunny and hot as fuck before you know it.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    When you put it like that it sounds like you buying a ticket to the world's worst amusement park that relies on it's patrons' insurance when shit goes wrong. Also, you have to bring your own emt for when shit eventually does.

Make sure you wear a go-pro.
    Could be a nice TR

trampoline with vertigo? seriously? fuck that shit. My kid always wants me on that thing and after 2 minutes my body is telling me no, and that's when vertigo is not in the picture.

if I had the slightest hint of vertigo, NFW I am setting foot on a trampoline.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

This all just sucks.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    This all just sucks.
    #truth

Yer tellin me. Just got banned from the political smackdown FB group.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    trampoline with vertigo? seriously? fuck that shit. My kid always wants me on that thing and after 2 minutes my body is telling me no, and that's when vertigo is not in the picture.

Under no circumstances let the kid set up a water sprinkler on the trampoline on a hot day.

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    Yer tellin me. Just got banned from the political smackdown FB group.
    God it's crazy lately? I am taking a break.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post

Heh. The head congestion is the cause, think the tramp just exacerbated.

I love that thing. So much fun and great way to get some quick exercise, and the kids stay on a lot longer if I'm on it with them.

Went to the drive thru at the bank to deposit a check today. Teller at the window smiles and asks "Have any plans for today?" Yep, I'm gonna try to finish what I was doing yesterday. "What did you do yesterday" teller asks. I said "Nothing, and if I don't finish doing nothing today I'll work on it some more tomorrow."

. . .

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    Went to the drive thru at the bank to deposit a check today. Teller at the window smiles and asks "Have any plans for today?" Yep, I'm gonna try to finish what I was doing yesterday. "What did you do yesterday" teller asks. I said "Nothing, and if I don't finish doing nothing today I'll work on it some more tomorrow."
    Was at the bank last week and found the teller to be entirely too chipper. It was like he was living in some sort of bubble telling me to have a great day
    Last edited by KQ; 04-30-2020 at 07:37 PM.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Give me five minutes with him.

He'll be slitting his wrists by the 4-minute mark.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Was at the bank last week and found the teller took be entirely too chipper. It was like he was living in some sort of bubble telling me to have a great day
    I'd be happy, too, if I got to leave the house for eight hours a day.

I think looking happy comes up on their performance reviews. Seriously. It was a she and they all know me. I was trying for a chuckle and she broke up.

Went into Jersey Mikes with mask and gloves on. Only other customer was a 45-50 or so guy paying and his 12 yo daughter. No masks. I walked past to a social distance and turned away to cough a few times for shits and giggles. Guy gives me the side eye, helps bag his own order and hustles his kid out the door.