Page 59 of 62 FirstFirst ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,475 of 1547
  1. #1451
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    In a van... down by the river
    Posts
    5,231
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    "Cleaners and repair people are being asked to suit up with masks, gloves, goggles and shoe coverings. "

    On what planet?
    The refrigerator repair dude that came to the house earlier this week was outfitted as such...

  2. #1452
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I smell poutine!!!
    Posts
    10,972
    Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    The refrigerator repair dude that came to the house earlier this week was outfitted as such...
    Refrigerator repair. At least that was his cover story. Youve been probed.

  3. #1453
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    truckee
    Posts
    13,241
    I wonder how many old folks are thinking "I only have a few years left, do I want to spend them isolating or do I want to live like there's nothing wrong, since I'm going to die soon anyway." I'm starting to see the appeal of that approach; problem is that if I got the bug I would also be passing it on to people who want to stay alive.

  4. #1454
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    6,121
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I wonder how many old folks are thinking "I only have a few years left, do I want to spend them isolating or do I want to live like there's nothing wrong, since I'm going to die soon anyway." I'm starting to see the appeal of that approach; problem is that if I got the bug I would also be passing it on to people who want to stay alive.
    And youíd die alone. That would really stink to die staring an at an iPad of your wife.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  5. #1455
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Dystopia
    Posts
    10,970
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I wonder how many old folks are thinking "I only have a few years left, do I want to spend them isolating or do I want to live like there's nothing wrong, since I'm going to die soon anyway." I'm starting to see the appeal of that approach; problem is that if I got the bug I would also be passing it on to people who want to stay alive.
    Good friend is pissed at dad.
    He drives to the corner store for a paper and coffee.
    In his nineties.
    Never stopped. Not afraid of dying.
    Ironically he’s a multi millionaire and could get home delivery.
    But it’s his routine. And he’s going out with his boots on.
    God bless him. I respect that.
    ďLife has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.Ē
    Hunter S. Thompson

  6. #1456
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,935
    Seems like if we got enough like minded people together us fatalistic geezers could take over a ski resort, exclude all non-geezers, run it until we're all just a bunch of covid mummies forever riding the lifts, and not worry about infecting others. How would we go about keeping the first responders out?

  7. #1457
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    northern BC
    Posts
    20,464
    you realize you probably wouldn't actulay ski much if you are running or working at a ski resort ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

  8. #1458
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    truckee
    Posts
    13,241
    Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    And you’d die alone. That would really stink to die staring an at an iPad of your wife.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I imagine that folks who think that way plan to die at home, quickly and painlessly, once they get sick. But if I were dying looking at my ipad, I'd be looking at TGR, for sure.

  9. #1459
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    860
    ^^^Perfect!

  10. #1460
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    truckee
    Posts
    13,241
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    you realize you probably wouldn't actulay ski much if you are running or working at a ski resort ?
    For starters, we could skip avalanche control. And ski patrol--if you break your leg you just lie there until you freeze to death. Let the bears, coyotes, raccoons, et al, pick your bones clean, collect the bones in the spring and build a fence.



    The anthem of old farts.

  11. #1461
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    13,994
    RE: OGs analysis. Yep. Since we have very low rates in Montana it is pretty much business as usual now. There are some attempts at masks and SD but mostly its Fuckit.

    OTOH I spoke with my sister today. She and my older sister are both immune-compromised and live in Atlanta. Sister I spoke with depends heavily on AA meetings and Zoom has gotten old for a lot of the members. Several have gone back to attending in person and some have developed the Covid. 2 in the hospital.

    Sis is starting to come unraveled. I am little help.
    Ooof!

  12. #1462
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Big Sky/Moonlight Basin
    Posts
    10,162
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I wonder how many old folks are thinking "I only have a few years left, do I want to spend them isolating or do I want to live like there's nothing wrong, since I'm going to die soon anyway." I'm starting to see the appeal of that approach; problem is that if I got the bug I would also be passing it on to people who want to stay alive.
    My 93 y/o Mom is certainly taking the virus seriously. Lives by herself, solves Suduku every day, and walks a mile with trekking poles everyday.

    Always mask & gloves. No one allowed in her house. Has isopropyl alcohol spray for all items that enter her house. She is on a mission. Wants to hit 100 and keep on going.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

    "Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

  13. #1463
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    tree OH TREE!!!!!
    Posts
    3,467
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    She is on a mission. Wants to hit 100 and keep on going.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    FKNA

  14. #1464
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Big in Japan
    Posts
    41,937
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I imagine that folks who think that way plan to die at home, quickly and painlessly, once they get sick. But if I were dying looking at my ipad, I'd be looking at TGR, for sure.
    It's not painless.

    Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

  15. #1465
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Big in Japan
    Posts
    41,937
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    My 93 y/o Mom is certainly taking the virus seriously. Lives by herself, solves Suduku every day, and walks a mile with trekking poles everyday.

    Always mask & gloves. No one allowed in her house. Has isopropyl alcohol spray for all items that enter her house. She is on a mission. Wants to hit 100 and keep on going.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    That's pretty awesome.

    Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

  16. #1466
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    In the swamp
    Posts
    7,383
    Iím starting to lose my shit because Iíve had to do some short in-person meetings and Iíve been the only one wearing a mask (N95). Feels incredibly weird to be the only one in a group of 6. Pisses me off.

  17. #1467
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    northern BC
    Posts
    20,464
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    It's not painless.
    cumon a little pain never hurt anyone
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

  18. #1468
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The Cone of Uncertainty
    Posts
    49,550
    Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    I’m starting to lose my shit because I’ve had to do some short in-person meetings and I’ve been the only one wearing a mask (N95). Feels incredibly weird to be the only one in a group of 6. Pisses me off.
    Well at least you've got the right mask on for that situation. Fuck em but don't let em fuck you.

  19. #1469
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Moose, Iowa
    Posts
    6,324
    Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Iím starting to lose my shit because Iíve had to do some short in-person meetings and Iíve been the only one wearing a mask (N95). Feels incredibly weird to be the only one in a group of 6. Pisses me off.
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Well at least you've got the right mask on for that situation. Fuck em but don't let em fuck you.
    Fuck all of everybody else. I've been a huge dick to everyone that comes close to me at work. I wear double layer cloth mask with a 3m furnace filter insert in the pocket. Also wear safety glasses and hold my breath/refuse to talk when I enter a space I consider potentially infectious, which is anywhere anyone has been unless outside in a breeze.

    It all matters.

    I could stay socially isolated forever from close contact save for my family. It bothers me almost not at all to not hang or talk to people and I am not sure I'd start caring even after a couple years. Maybe I would but I doubt it. I feel as healthy as ever mentally (which isn't to say I don't have issues). I do have an awesome wife which helps. People are such assholes breathing all over everyone else right now. Fucking pricks. I don't get it. Mask up or fuck off.

  20. #1470
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    EWA
    Posts
    17,013
    Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Fuck all of everybody else. I've been a huge dick to everyone that comes close to me at work. I wear double layer cloth mask with a 3m furnace filter insert in the pocket. Also wear safety glasses and hold my breath/refuse to talk when I enter a space I consider potentially infectious, which is anywhere anyone has been unless outside in a breeze.

    It all matters.

    I could stay socially isolated forever from close contact save for my family. It bothers me almost not at all to not hang or talk to people and I am not sure I'd start caring even after a couple years. Maybe I would but I doubt it. I feel as healthy as ever mentally (which isn't to say I don't have issues). I do have an awesome wife which helps. People are such assholes breathing all over everyone else right now. Fucking pricks. I don't get it. Mask up or fuck off.
    Had a guy start a convo with me in the grocery store parking lot sans mask. He kept getting closer to me and I kept backing up. I felt kinda rude but seriously dude, back off!
    Kindness is a bridge between all people

    Dunkiní Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

  21. #1471
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Moose, Iowa
    Posts
    6,324
    Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Had a guy start a convo with me in the grocery store parking lot sans mask. He kept getting closer to me and I kept backing up. I felt kinda rude but seriously dude, back off!
    That happened to me Thursday outside at work with a peer coworker. He didn't seem offended when I backed away and told him repeatedly to stay back but he kept coming. I think it is just ingrained in some people. They cannot help it. Seems crazy to me since people are not drones.

    That dude seemed not to be offended at all in the end. We communicated work info and moved on. Not that I cared. Distance was maintained.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  22. #1472
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    PRB
    Posts
    23,040
    I've noticed that some people have a natural distance they want to be from someone they're talking to, and as you inch away, they unconsciously inch towards you. And they think 4 feet is 6 feet.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "I'd eat a bag of Dicks and wash it down with a Coke any day." - iceman

  23. #1473
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,120
    My 10 yo boy/girls twins have become super tight. They often play together for hours... with some occasionally intensive arguments and conflicts. Itís pretty great. Their play is sometimes very pandemic-related, which is interesting to observe. The boy, when he gets tired, has existential meltdowns, with are tough.

    The 14 yo, I canít believe heís keeping it together! He shut down and shut us out when the schools closed at first, blatantly lying about doing his school work. For about a month he barely came out of his room. We got an email from his counselor this week that heíll need to retake several classes this summer if he doesnít turn in a shit load of work before Friday. It looks like heís taking it to 11 now and will get it all done He is hopefully doing his first in-person social thing with friends tomorrow.

    Weíre all watching the last air bender series on Netflix. Two episodes most evening.

    Our trampoline has been a really great thing. Iíve been working 50+ hr weeks lately and been the one doing all the town errands, so Iím often ignoring the family. A few minutes bouncing the kids around on the trampoline really does wonders!

  24. #1474
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Dystopia
    Posts
    10,970
    Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Iím starting to lose my shit because Iíve had to do some short in-person meetings and Iíve been the only one wearing a mask (N95). Feels incredibly weird to be the only one in a group of 6. Pisses me off.
    If your n95 has a port, itís the same as no mask.
    Donít be so selfish.
    ďLife has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.Ē
    Hunter S. Thompson

  25. #1475
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    In the swamp
    Posts
    7,383
    Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    If your n95 has a port, itís the same as no mask.
    Donít be so selfish.
    It has no port. Huh?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •