Page 2 of 62 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Coronavirus complaint/commiseration thread.

Quote Originally Posted by cinnepa View Post
    No little league for son, that sucks...kids can't hang out together either...but xbox time going through the roof.
    Yeah that sucks too. My son had not gotten the recognition he deserved, not ever, and this yr he was going to start varsity as a sophomore.

Youth baseball just never gets easy.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Last edited by Cono Este; 03-28-2020 at 08:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I sometimes get a disoriented feeling--not quite sure what I'm supposed to be doing, had a really strong deja vu yesterday--something I'm pretty sure never happened but felt like it had.
    +1. thankfully (?) I still go in to work, but my days off? .. Rise and shine wood chuck chuckers, it's groundhog day.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    Just absolute despair that so many of the things that I love about my town are not going to survive this.
    This. Also +1 on takeout and 50% tips.

Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    Also, the mental health issues that come out of this
    Not to mention the effect this has on pre-existing mental health issues. A whole lot already .. resurfacing.

I'm thankful to live in open country, I can't imagine urban mags.

We have 30 independent restaurants (incl coffee shops and food carts) in our little tourist town of 2200. Several owners are friends, as is owner of our LBS. They and the large number of retailers here make 85% of their revenue between Memorial Day and the weekend after Labor Day. The summer staff for these places are largely drawn from the local high school and college kids that are home for the summer.

Like many who are still drawing paychecks, we are ordering takeout twice a week from the eateries that haven't shut down completely. But that's a drop in the bucket to what they will lose if we are still locked down in June.

Our music festival in September brings in 5000 people from out of town for three days to benefit our local schools' music programs. Its the biggest weekend of the year for one restaurant that has a stage in the back. I really wonder if they will be able to pull something together this year given the chaotic situation. This is prime time for people buying tickets and booking acts.

There's a lot of desperation in a lot of people's eyes here.

At the same time, the chain grocery store 20 miles away offers online ordering and remote pickup. They are hiring like crazy to stock shelves and pick orders. Hopefully some of the unemployed waitstaff and cooks can pick up some work there. But it still sucks for our town.

Waaahhh

Poor me

I need to start a new thread about the interruption of my daily routine.

Fuck off. Suck it up.
    You could be asked to intubate a covid frothing spewing dying person. Without proper ppe

But I get it. Life has changed. I don’t sleep well.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    Also, the mental health issues that come out of this are going to really mess with people for at least the next year (parental/family loss, job loss, etc). That's why the above doomsday scenario could be what really happens.
    This. I know anecdotally that shit is already hitting the fan with people in pinches. Check in with folks. I predict behavioral health will be as slammed as other medical health. We are weeks ahead of folks in terms of infection, etc., and I'm already seeing very glaring signs. It's beyond spooky. Everyone is like a very wound up string, and we all know what happens when you pluck it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirshredalot View Post
    I guess a lot of kids are just going to be behind on all kinds of shit compared to the counterfactual where the plague wasn't going around. It's just a fucking bummer.
    I told Montanaskier yesterday that since he's a homeschool 3rd grade teacher now, he should just allow his kid to skip all the grades and he would be free to do whatever he wants. He is a smart kid though.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    I was supposed to be slope side in Snowmass tomorrow.
    We were suppose to be on a flight to Paris, so ya, the wife is very disappointed. We obviously are doing better than many of you as the kids are adults now. I still have some business and work from home anyways, so that feels normal. Been listening to a lot of music (Within Temptation playing now) and reading a bunch again, which is kind of cool. The weather is awesome, so sitting in the yard, doing yard work, reading, having lunch and talking to Mrs L2S is nice. Lots of walks with the dogs, etc. Bummer all our favorite restaurants are closed, except for 2 with take out, but really, I worry more about the people we love there than the inability to go out. No more surfing, really sucks and forgitabout skiing
    All in all, it could be way fuckin worse for us and I just hope everyone else makes it through this with minimal financial damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Cross post from prepper thread, for a bit of levity
    I'm sure you parents with small kids can relate
    https://www.instagram.com/tv/B99hVUX...d=1oy21s2fob00

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Waaahhh

Poor me

Fuck off.
    Hey buddy, I hope you are doing ok. For real.

Town of Jackson just enacted a stay at home order, wifey will now be WFH full time. This could impact our relationship (good or bad, I dunno)

Edit: SAH order is for 65 and older.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    Hey buddy, I hope you are doing ok. For real.
    I’m ok. Unsettled, but nothing like my wife.

She came home from work, literally stripped naked in the driveway, and jumped into the hot tub for a bromine disinfection.

That would be a super hot Saturday night a month ago.

These days, I’m hesitant to give her a hug.
    . . .

Waaahhh

Poor me

Fuck off. Suck it up.
    You could be asked to intubate a covid frothing spewing dying person. Without proper ppe

Somebody has a trust fund.

Waaahhh

Poor me

Fuck off. Suck it up.

We have plenty of threads and posts recognizing our fortune and praising front line workers. But just because some have it worse doesn't mean we all aren't suffering loss, and grieving for those losses, some trivial and some not so trivial. I'm losing my fucking mind, and knowing that I'm one of the super lucky ones at the moment helps but doesn't help.

This thread is for grieving our own losses, and that's ok.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

pics.

I’m ok. Unsettled, but nothing like my wife.

She came home from work, literally stripped naked in the driveway, and jumped into the hot tub for a bromine disinfection.

That would be a super hot Saturday night a month ago.

These days, I’m hesitant to give her a hug.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Or old enough to be retired and in a good place?
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

No. I can go bankrupt.

But my wife is going to get this. And I hope she doesn’t leave two motherless children.

Her colleague spent 25 minutes today trying to intubate a frothing, spewing, bloody, clogged lung covid patient. In an n95 mask. He finally got the airway.
    Then he stripped naked to take a hot shower, as did the assisting tech.

This shit is nasty. And yes, cops and emt workers have exposure. But wtf. Intubating someone with gurgle gargling lungs spitting and spewing a bloody virus mixture in your face is fucking next level nasty.

And yet, our local hospital gave PAPR respirators to the drive up testing bullshit so all you snowflakes can get nasal swabbed to find out if you have it, after a five day delay. And once you know, what does it matter. Distance. Shelter in place fucktard.

Save the full garb goggle ppe and PAPR respirators for the full on frontline workers.

And don’t get “tested”
    Fuck that shit. If you have trouble breathing, go to the ER.
    If you feel sick, stay home stay hydrated, take Tylenol, not Advil

/endRant
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by up an down View Post
    The people buying guns may be the ones spreading the virus now.. guns shops are considered necessary for some reason..

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using TGR Forums mobile app
    LOL

"We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Well, get a project that is easy to do at home. I've been doing electronics and stereos. OP, get some hi fi goin and listen to that great music! Anything to get away from the news.

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

Yeah it sucks. Wife lost her shit last night. Only day 2 of lockdown. I planted 16 Hostas today. I hate gardening but am going to plant more tomorrow.
    Oh, and I got furloughed this week. Lost 50% of my income.
    But at least we don’t have locusts.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bus...y-2020-2%3famp

Bill Burr Thursday pod cast, FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    This. I know anecdotally that shit is already hitting the fan with people in pinches. Check in with folks. I predict behavioral health will be as slammed as other medical health. We are weeks ahead of folks in terms of infection, etc., and I'm already seeing very glaring signs. It's beyond spooky. Everyone is like a very wound up string, and we all know what happens when you pluck it.
    On the flip side, I wonder how many families and friends will continue to embrace the quality time they have now and extend it past quarantine. Things like family walks, bike rides, dinners are all now happening when before they weren’t...wonder if they will continue.

It’s sucks you guys are losing your minds being cooped up, I get it, but there are going to be people with real issues showing up in this thread in the next month. Not seeing your favorite band this summer or not being able to bike is gonna seem like a quaint 1% problem.

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    It’s sucks you guys are losing your minds being cooped up, I get it, but there are going to be people with real issues showing up in this thread in the next month. Not seeing your favorite band this summer or not being able to bike is gonna seem like a quaint 1% problem.
    Truth. That's part of what I'm grieving, because I can see the future and it's bad, but I just don't know how bad.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

The chain of shit that has happened to me since early October would take long paragraphs to detail. I've been pretty badly hurt, then very sick, then quite badly hurt again, and then I had a hip replacement. Finally I rallied from the hip pretty much and now I've been locked down for coronavirus for 2 solid weeks. 15 days actually. Except for a brief trip to Austin in January (which is when I got really sick, with symptoms very much like coronavirus, but it was probably just a flu), I've been here in this house pretty much 24/7. Well with a day in the hospital for the hip.

I've basically been in the house since October. It's a nice house. My whole family and the dogs are here and there's plenty to eat. But man am I sick of it. Not very big problems in the scale of things but these walls are closing in, man.

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    God forbid somebody post something on the internet that seems silly later. I for one would never do that.