Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    I was wondering about the lots around the big box stores south of town as possibilities.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Lots of unpatrolled commercial areas as well.
    Last edited by Talisman; 12-19-2021 at 09:00 AM.

Hey all, family coming to visit at the end of January and work scheduled for the beginning of February means I unfortunately have to bow out of this one. I had a reservation at the Motel 6 that I will cancel but wanted to see if anyone could use it. Is the Motel 6 booked out yet? My reservation is for 1/29-2/4.
    ((. The joy I get from skiing...
    .))
    ((. That's worth living for.
    .))

I am very very sorry to say I can't come now. I don't believe in conspiracy theories however they got me this time. Somehow the airline that changed my flights 3 times, then cancelled them, then changed them 3 more times, then cancelled them again last week has partnered with the covid 19 variant producers guild (thanks for omicron you fucks) and the Canadian government (so grateful for the "strongly" recommend no non-essential out of country travel Justin, you dick) to make me pull the pin in the bad sense.

Yeah, fuck my apology guys. I really thought the covids would be dealt with by now and that airlines would be back to normal. I gotta say your ski hill was pleasant and will refund me my 2 50% off days I got with the mountain collective pass. It does suck that I bought a mtn collective pass but I guess it's going to make me ski some hills I wouldn't otherwise be skiing this year.. so there's that.

Have fun, you freaks of nature. I'll be thinking of you while I wallow in the deep dark pit of skiing mediocrity.

“I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

bummoir gft. thought we'd cross paths. damn.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Yeah my friend, I was so looking forward to seeing ya, skiing ya and hoisting some with ya. Well, it's only a matter of time buddy. Been a lean coupla years as far as multiple meatspace mag interactions for me I gotta say. There's a few up here but we're pretty sparse.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Going to drive out later this week. Should get there Saturday evening. And then sleep it off Sunday. So first day on the hill Monday the 17th. It’ll be another first day on snow again this year. F Covid and shitty early season snow back here.
    Will be staying at the M6 so carpooling to the ranch lot would be cool if anyone else is staying there and skis full days. Fully vaxed and boosted w/ mask.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C3CE0B17-047A-4DC6-A115-DCCE0EACA06E.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	542.7 KB 
ID:	400672

Was going to bring some stickers just for fun but supply chain issues cropped up. I’ll just have them drop shipped to some random P.O. Box now. (unless this gets resolved before I leave).

Looking forward to skiing with yous. Was a lot of fun last year.
    Will tour too.

I’m out for the Mag Rendezvous. Ended up getting on a ship. Still working on the landside job so I can participate in life 365 days one of these years.

Can anyone save me one of those stickers? That’s are awesome

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Also bowing out. cheers mags.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

I am in. Altabird before and after.
    Staying at møtel 6.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jhyatt; 01-12-2022 at 05:12 AM.
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

I'll be there in 2 weeks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Hoping to touch down @M6 1/26, provided my tire replacement shows up (ordered 12/23). Launching from the Puget Sound.
    Will lurk through 1/30, possibly partial 1/31. The roaming southward on the intermittent but eternal powchase.

Normally, I'd ride the bus to vill, but am preferring private commutative encapsulations.

I haz magnums of 2002 premier cru burgundy to share if there's takers.

Well dang, I'm disappointed to see mags needing to back out but such is life and it's been a downright clusterfuck trying to go anywhere for fun lately.

Looking forward to making turns with those of you who are still committed and the invitation is still out there for any mags who wanna join in.

There's plenty of space, the ski areas are fully covered and skiable and the BC is good right now.
    Crowds are smaller this season, so far, than they have been in a few years. Hopefully nothing changes with that.

We'll see you guys soon and holla if ya need anything prior to liftoff...

Dang, I didn't mean to start the attrition rate. But as ya said Djongo, such is life. Still have my Motel 6 reservation available for anyone that wants it. Have to cancel by Jan 28.
    ((. The joy I get from skiing...
    .))
    ((. That's worth living for.
    .))

I went and booked for 25th -28th @motel6

Mostly this trip is contingent on hooking up with some mags to ski/hang out with

>I plan on skiing resort 26th and 27th- I should be fine on any terrain; I have skied almost everything at alta /bird over the years. (X's fingers for decent conditions .. I'm past the point where I would hit steeps if they were iced up)

>lol, may have met some you before, if any of you have done gordycamps at Alta-I have been to a few of those.

>Hope to hear from some the locals, maybe hook up for some beer n maybe bbq ? and skiing !

Any you in my SLC area the weeks before/after ...feel free to hit me up for some turns-I do alta/bird about 2x a week on weekdays.
    Last edited by baron; 01-12-2022 at 07:52 PM.
    ski paintingshttp://michael-cuozzo.fineartamerica.com" horror has a face; you must make a friend of horror...horror and moral terror.. are your friends...if not, they are enemies to be feared...the horror"....col Kurtz

Quote Originally Posted by thefrush View Post
    Dang, I didn't mean to start the attrition rate. But as ya said Djongo, such is life. Still have my Motel 6 reservation available for anyone that wants it. Have to cancel by Jan 28.
    No worries A., was looking forward to skiing ya again but it'll happen when it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by baron View Post
    I went and booked for 25th -28th @motel6

Mostly this trip is contingent on hooking up with some mags to ski/hang out with

>I plan on skiing resort 26th and 27th- I should be fine on any terrain; I have skied almost everything at alta /bird over the years. (X's fingers for decent conditions .. I'm past the point where I would hit steeps if they were iced up)

>lol, may have met some you before, if any of you have done gordycamps at Alta-I have been to a few of those.

>Hope to hear from some the locals, maybe hook up for some beer n maybe bbq ? and skiing !

?any line a cheaper lift ticket for those 2 days? 26th and 27th

Any you in my SLC area the weeks before/after ...feel free to hit me up for some turns-I do alta/bird about 2x a week on weekdays.
    Glad to hear you're coming up. We'll def get together and make many turns together while you're here.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Still plenty of room and open Motel 6 reservations for anyone else debating it. If anyone has a buddy voucher for the village that they can donate, we'd have some takers. I think my ikon gets me some 25% off buddy slots. Happy to give those up for mags...

I'll be present!
    sounds like folks will be trickling in and out but my ski days are generally Sat, Sun and Mon so hope to schuss with as many of you as I can (+ my JH mags too who I have barely skied with this season)
    Hopefully Andrew can join us here and there too

Quote Originally Posted by SailCat View Post
    I'll be there in 2 weeks
    what about the cookies?
    skid luxury

I am still heading south for this historic event and have a reservation at the popular M6. Getting a 25% discount on a day ticket would be awesome if that is available and will bring some of Mrs Talisman's baked goods in exchange.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    I think my ikon gets me some 25% off buddy slots. Happy to give those up for mags...

Kinda excited and forgot to double check what week people were showing up. I see a few saying that weekend of 29th.

Booked a room for 26,27th (wed/thu ) ... my job is flexible, but I usually avoid weekend crowds.

So-I can do the following week instead if there's a cackle of maggots then??? whatever's clever... just want to avoid weekend lift lines, if JH is anything like altabird with weekend crowding? I'm glad to follow the advice of some locals & Djongo on what days to confirm.
    ski paintingshttp://michael-cuozzo.fineartamerica.com" horror has a face; you must make a friend of horror...horror and moral terror.. are your friends...if not, they are enemies to be feared...the horror"....col Kurtz

I'll work on rounding up some discount tickets. Other locals should hit up any employees they know at JHMR. Most employees never use their discount tickets.
    "College sailing isn't about who wins the most races, its about who can stand in the morning"

Planning to be there the week of Jan 30, ski ya kooks soon…

Just missing y’all . Get in 1/31

I took off the whole first week of Feb. Jan 29-Feb 6 sounds like a good shot to me.

Ski220 those stickers are badass

Planning on arriving night of 26th (Thursday) late, and wondering if I can still pull into the Village Road Transit Center, pop the rooftop pop-up and sleep for the night.

I've done it in the past without getting harassed, but it's been awhile and not sure if they're still cool with it. It sure is convenient waking up, using the heated bathroom, putting on boots and jumping on the shuttle direct to the Village.

If they're cracking down on overnighters, any locals okay with me parking in their driveway?

Checking into the Motel 6 Thursday afternoon after skiing and staying through the weekend.

Hit me up as you get closer if you still don’t have a spot figured out. Technically Stilson is patrolled for no overnight parking, so that would be a gamble.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Ungulate View Post
    Planning on arriving night of 26th (Thursday) late, and wondering if I can still pull into the Village Road Transit Center, pop the rooftop pop-up and sleep for the night.

I've done it in the past without getting harassed, but it's been awhile and not sure if they're still cool with it. It sure is convenient waking up, using the heated bathroom, putting on boots and jumping on the shuttle direct to the Village.

If they're cracking down on overnighters, any locals okay with me parking in their driveway?

Checking into the Motel 6 Thursday afternoon after skiing and staying through the weekend.
    Space time threading here, eh L?