Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Iowagriz View Post
    Missoula now, have guys trip to Brundage/McCall/Tamarack starting 2/7. Would need to barter extra time/$$ with spouse and swing that way before turning back west for that trip.

Just bad timing on my end
    Well, if ya wanna give 'er a go, we can do some magical shit over on this end. Just say when...

Hell, it took Eagleskier 26 minutes to score 2 half off vouchers; he's a solid mag and old JH local type tho...

I'm scheming.... might need to barter some spousal chits to get over there

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Iowagriz View Post
    I'm scheming.... might need to barter some spousal chits to get over there

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Hmmm.
    I'm flexible on timing. Looks like high may break down on the 31st?
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Well alrighty then, Let's get this Ball rollin'!

For the next 2 weeks it's gonna be a mag get together on just about any day.

Locals will be out and easy to connect with as well as visiting mags , all making turns, hanging out, safety meetings and whatnot.
    If you're reading this and in JH, I urge you to make some time to come out and ski with some web friends. PM me or any loc and we'll find ya.

We can ski fast or slow, that'll depend on you.

So Let's go with the old meeting spot, Casper fireplace at 11 am, any day. I usually give it 10 minutes before/after...if yer on the hill swing over and let's turn some.

Looking forward to meeting and skiing with all of you soon.
    Casper at 11. Roger that. I will ping when I am there...
    Headed west today.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

It has been awhile since I skied JHMR. How long? Day lift tickets were $45 with a NW Airlines coupon and included the tram. Is the Casper fireplace inside or outside?
    So Let's go with the old meeting spot, Casper fireplace at 11 am, any day. I usually give it 10 minutes before/after...if yer on the hill swing over and let's turn some.

Yo Talisman!

The fireplace is inside and just provides a good place to wait on mags. Generally though, I think we'll try and text each other to connect at anytime. Casper is a permanent meeting place in case one is unconnected.

Ski ya soon Jhyatt - look forward to meeting you. Drive safe.

Buster - We can do some meteorologicals but you're gonna be welcome whenever you choose to appear.

IAS - Will do...we don't take a lot of pics which is why we hired a ringer, UpallNight, to drop his tonnage.
    But we'll do better.

Quote Originally Posted by schwerty View Post
    Ok so who is here from outta town this wknd?

I’ll be at the Village for a bit tomorrow. Probably all in bounds laps for me.
    Sunday I’ll be out touring in the Park or maybe the Pass. (My Daughter will be with me. She’s fun and a rippin skier but dealing with a busted tailbone recovery).

Happy to meet at the Village Saturday or have folks join Sunday. Obviously, if you’re interested in a ski tour please have the appropriate gear and knowledge. I’ll be sure to keep to a safe snowpack.
    Just getting going a little late this morning after the awesome powder day yesterday. See you all at Casper.
    Would really like to tour with you sometime but I am taking Sunday as an off day. I’ll be around for a while longer.

FYI - stickers are FREE schwag. Just ask. Although there is a limited supply I did make a bunch.

Buster - We can do some meteorologicals but you're gonna be welcome whenever you choose to appear.
    I'm overthinking this...I'll just follow the plan to be there the night of the 26th and ski 4 days.
    I'll pm my digits.

Seeing some family off around noon. I’ll be out to turn some late laps today from about 2-4, hopefully catch some of you. If not will be out tomorrow too

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    I'm overthinking this...I'll just follow the plan to be there the night of the 26th and ski 4 days.
    I'll pm my digits.
    nice! Im pullin into motel666 same day- looking forward to toasting ya'll with an ale and maybe some shrubberies
    ski paintingshttp://michael-cuozzo.fineartamerica.com" horror has a face; you must make a friend of horror...horror and moral terror.. are your friends...if not, they are enemies to be feared...the horror"....col Kurtz

If anyone is still around 30th-1st?-2nd? I'll be rolling through I expect. No JH pass and only have Ghee passes if i stay in their lodging I'm too cheap for. So touring or Snow King (powder alliance baby).

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    If anyone is still around 30th-1st?-2nd? I'll be rolling through I expect. No JH pass and only have Ghee passes if i stay in their lodging I'm too cheap for. So touring or Snow King (powder alliance baby).
    I'll be skiing JH the 30 & 31 before heading down to SLC on the 31. There's some lift coupons around.

I'm wondering whether anyone knows of some very mellow ski and snowshoe tours in the area? We are pulling into town with our pupster Saturday PM. I tour a bit and my wife snowshoes, but doesn't ski tour. She doesn't mind doing an out and back and waiting a short time for me to ski down. Probably 1K-ish vert. Also, while I have a res. at JHMR on Mon., Sunday is currently is sold out/completely booked. I think that we will do a 4-5 tour/snowshoe somewhere. Suggestions please!
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

I'm hoping to ski Targee on the 26th and be at m6 that night. I'll have plenty of ale for toasting.

Excellent! Looking forward to meeting and skiing with all of yas.

There are definitely some 25% off access vouchers, likely a few half off vouchers and Maybe a coupla full day passes.
    I'll wrangle these up and have them for anyone who wants/needs a break on passes. Which means everyone.

In fact, whatever ya need to make it work, just ask, we gots the tools , we have the technology.
    Need a place to park the rig for a few days? PM me

SchindlerP - I'm not well versed in the local short shots so hopefully the local backcountry mags will dial you in on a good line.
    Plenty of nice places for shoeing and dogwalking.

Thanks. I will watch the reservation board for openings. Right now, on Saturday, I'm thinking of Moose Wilson Road between Teton Village and LSR Reserve. On Sunday, if no reservations open, I'm hoping to do either something on Teton Pass where I can ski down to the Old Rd., or Cache Creek. Monday, I will ski JHMR in the AM before heading home. I'll stop by Carson's fireplace to see if there is anyone around.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    Monday, I will ski JHMR in the AM before heading home. I'll stop by Carson's fireplace to see if there is anyone around.
    I will be skiing JHMR on Monday if you feel like clogging up lift corrals, flailing on the slopes and causing mayhem. Since I won't be on 220's I sould be easy to spot.

Thanks. I will watch the reservation board for openings. Right now, on Saturday, I'm thinking of Moose Wilson Road between Teton Village and LSR Reserve. On Sunday, if no reservations open, I'm hoping to do either something on Teton Pass where I can ski down to the Old Rd., or Cache Creek. Monday, I will ski JHMR in the AM before heading home. I'll stop by Carson's fireplace to see if there is anyone around.
    I think you can do walk ups to the ticket window sometimes and score even when it says sold out online.
    those are good choices for dog walks etc too. there’s a fenced dog park at the Rodeo grounds in town too if you want to get some energy out.
    I would invite your pup to stay at my house during the day as we have a fenced yard etc but my dog is such a dick to puppies.
    skid luxury

I’m all set with a ticket for Saturday. Thanks for the assist BBear! I will probably do a lap or two on the Pass Sunday morning before I head back to Eagle if anyone is interested. Probably something simple like First Turn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll keep checking the reservation list. Sunday, I'd much rather ski JHMR than the Teton Pass resort or Grand Targhee. When we ski, we will just keep Hazel in the truck. Between laps or lunch, we can take her for a walk/run.

Any outdoor gatherings happening? Hopefully Sunday afternoon, after skiing JHMR, I will set up a table at my truck with samplings of High West. Just look for the Chessie next to the red FORD
    blurting out GD music and ask for change.

Schindler - Munger Mtn area would be nice for snowshoeing. You can ski tour up there but if you do tread VERY lightly. Doubt the coverage is great. Shadow Mtn would fit the bill also. You have to go toward the NF as opposed to staying in the Park land with a dog.

Both places are well known. Can’t miss the parking areas.

I’m drop by your truck for some HW and Dead tunes.

If your dog doesn't bark you can leave him/her in your room at both Cowboy Village in town or Hostel X.

Hostel X has all kind of minimum night restrictions but they drop them as you get close to the date so it is a great place to check last minute. Comes with a slopeside parking spot.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

The Quick and The Dead ~ A Western Odyssey

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    If your dog doesn't bark you can leave him/her in your room at both Cowboy Village in town or Hostel X.

Hostel X has all kind of minimum night restrictions but they drop them as you get close to the date so it is a great place to check last minute. Comes with a slopeside parking spot.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk
    nice pro tip for the visitors and hostelx parking is primo.

I'll keep checking the reservation list. Sunday, I'd much rather ski JHMR than the Teton Pass resort or Grand Targhee. When we ski, we will just keep Hazel in the truck. Between laps or lunch, we can take her for a walk/run.

Any outdoor gatherings happening? Hopefully Sunday afternoon, after skiing JHMR, I will set up a table at my truck with samplings of High West. Just look for the Chessie next to the red FORD
    blurting out GD music and ask for change.
    yes for the tailgate bbq! sunday seems good. maybe saturday too since there will be a mix of skiers at the village sat/sun. but those planning on touring sunday can also swing into teton village for bbq and cheers’ing
    I’ll plan to bring van and pay for close parking over the weekend too.

I was also thinking the stagecoach/ streetfood could be fun on sunday night since Bill Briggs band plays. or are they still playing on sundays??
    skid luxury

I noticed that Ranch lot parking is free with 3 or more people in the car.

Since there are a number of parking lots and some of us are ignorant of all the new fangled configurations there, could some knowledgeable person specify exactly which parking lot is being referenced?