Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

The Quick and The Dead ~ A Western Odyssey

And lo, the time came when the Mags of the World craved a gathering of the Family Tree.

A Collective Ensemble to be revered through the ages for it's amazing, yet oddly funky, Passion for Skiing and all things Winter.

In Jackson Hole, Wyoming there shall be a Shindig not to be missed in the season of '21. Blackjack...
    In the American Mecca of Big Mountain Skiing, beneath The Tetons and Along the Banks of the Snake, We shall Gather.

To Ski, To Party, To Befriend, To Re-Friend, To Bomb, Crush and Launch, To Sashay or Wiggle, To Session and Giggle...

But Mostly - To Challenge...

Any and all comers are considered Challengers. You can CALL OUT anyone in any Fashion you may require, to have your Satisfaction.

Top to bottom via Sublette Ridge? Fine.
    Fastest clocked speed? Noooo problem.
    More Bong hits than you? Heh, bring that shit. And the weed.
    Gelande Quaffing? I'm yer Huckleberry.
    Furthest Fakie launch off the Hoback Roller? Kewllll.
    Longboard Race? Nuttin' under 212 and bonafide Race stock only! Git sum...
    Rental Derby? Oh, you betcha...1 din for each 50 lbs.

It absolutely, positively, can be anything to Challenge another Mag with. For fun. FOR FUN.

Any Maggro dogs will be leashed to the Whippin' Post and mauled until docile.

I was lucky enough to ski a little with Doug C. in my youth and will never forget him explaining to me the notion that pretty much any 2 skiers makes a race. Not every run but sometimes you just gotta bang that shit out.

And that's what this is, an invitation to a race, with anyone, to anywhere, anyhow, anyway.

And There will be a multitude of Rippers, Top Shelf, 1%er's as well as a solid Contingent of Old Lions.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This Invitational Requests the Presence of a Delegation From:

-The Trenchers of the Pacific Northwest.

-The Deep Pow Hounds Of Utah.

-The Rocky Mountain Highs Of Colorado.

-The Gangstas of The Kali Kartel.

-The Desert Rats of The Southern Tier.

-The Spudrovian Hordes.

-The Nevada Allnighters.

-The Cowboys From Hell.

-The Montana Master's Class and ALL Ridge Hippies.

-The Flatlanders.

-The Drawlers.

-The Yanks.

- The Maple Leaf Hooligans.

- The Internationals. Yurps, Yaps, Oziwis, Wango Tangos...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    When debating bumping up for JH on yer Ikon this year, maybe consider this as a great opportunity to make the up charge more worthwhile.

The local mags are hip to help with info on places to stay, what to do, how to throw down in this town.

General timeframe for now is between mid January to mid February.
    Typically plenty of snow and a little quieter. One never knows.

Regardless of conditions, it's the Village, so there will be something to do.
    We are incredibly Safety conscious , but they've never heard of Mr. Tosh here, so...Irie.

Come on and see the Shootout or Bring your Firepower.
    We're "gonna take a Flamethrower to this place."- Lt. Col. Slade

Ski, Eat, Drink, Sleep. Repeat.

In Mecca.

So are you Up?
    Are you Down?
    To wear the Crown.
    Last edited by Djongo Unchained; 03-28-2020 at 04:01 PM.

I'm your huckleberry.

In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

I’m down for the rental derby.
    1 din per 50 pounds? Easy money
    . . .

in from and for highs

I'm in for the heptathlon. There are events where I'll be dead last, but fuck it, I've got heart.

Without a doubt this is a bizarre ski season, and the only way to get to the next one is remember where you can from......

Very blessed this year and would love to try and hang with the big dogs

Quote Originally Posted by telehacker View Post
    Without a doubt this is a bizarre ski season, and the only way to get to the next one is remember where you can from......

Very blessed this year and would love to try and hang with the big dogs
    There shall be no dropping of the knee.

You may have Freeheel bindings. But this a Jackson hole event, and if you bend the knee, you squat to pee.
    Should you wish to file an appeal, JHAF freeheel division is willing to challenge you to a freeheel ski your face off, as has been the law for thirty plus years.
    . . .

I’m in (unless in yurp). Will either be a spectator, or last, depending on event.

aye

Love it, DJ! Let’s get weird.

i like it+++

As one of the Spudrovian's, I'm gonna try to make it. I was thinking of challenging someone to a big air contest, but then it occurred to me that there is this reality...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BigAirFantasy.jpg 
Views:	198 
Size:	934.6 KB 
ID:	322458

Thanks all for the positive feedback.

CoreShot's resurrection of Supergaper's thread of a ski-off w/dudeski was the final straw. I've been wanting to have a summit here and that inspired the theme.
    Again, fun is priority one so please don't bail for fear of a bunch of hardcases. I expect all levels of skier and maybe some of us will discover a hidden talent.

I've found that just hanging with other ski bums is almost always appealing and skill barriers fall quickly. Making connections and playing with some new kids is good for the PMA.

Then there's the real gunfights... There are some smoking gun big dogs on this board and some carefully tuned races will go down. We'll set up course mags to keep the lane clear and SAFE. Access to patrol and emergency stuff as required, etc.

It was the usual good to better season In Jackson this year. Not the same for all the mags however.

I hope this will help some look past the present concerns to the future where we can all regroup, relax and Enjoy our Passion.

I realize vacationing here can be pricey so I'll try and get a mag deal going somewhere inexpensive: HostelX, Motel6, Super8...
    locally connected mags may look for an invite amongst the JH kooks.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    The JHAF Tele crew has shrunk, but Rutter can still roll Hoback laps like a mutha, so there's that. Saw Tele Linda this season after about a 20 year hiatus, how sweet it was.

Maybe PfluffenMeister and SuperGaper can be first on the List. Both guys are Aces.
    And SG has a rental derby resume', look out. That may be epic. 30 mags on the summit, all sporting rentals in the 150-160cm range turned down to 3 or 4.
    Side bets on how many get down the bowl without a double eject?

So fuckin' funny.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Also for travelers: SLC is a 5 hr drive south and is usually a cakewalk, very scenic and over before ya know it; Big Sky is 3 hrs. north and Sun Valley is 5 to the west. Mix it up and make it even mo bettah.

As we move along, I'll try and get a feel for when mags are gonna be most able to attend, and set a firm date. Keep it Positive on the Irie my Friends.

I'm in, probably up for coordinating an adventure with other SLC mags.

This is awesome. As a Yurper, I’m unlikely to get over (but you never know?), but in any case, I hope there are pictures...

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

We could all use something to look forward to as there is so much toxicity swirling around on ski web sites right now. I'll put attendance on priority to attend and represent the Yanks as best I can. Fixed my free problem but retained a smooth style that will give me an edge in that weak clamp short stick race.
    I'll throw these in the box for box laps.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200327_075409.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	695.4 KB 
ID:	322466

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    whats goin on?

im in as the utarded ive skied with mur of you kooks but no touchy feelings shit bakemaster rep
    but ya gots to leave the

on 4 me
    1/2 pricers wouldnt hurt either
    and well yeah sheldons in
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Well shit fire and fuck dogs, what Riemannian manifold is this? I might just have to swamp out the sled, trim the tire nipples and point it east, normalizing my dot products for the first time in decades, before Benny left the front desk. Long may he rage.

After all, Adjoint Functions Arise Everywhere. Peeing yuros are welcome to grab a seat, maybe even for a rip across the rockies.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

not ikonic, but if there's any (ski) money for next season, it will be reserved for a JH visit...it's been 22yrs

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    well yeah sheldons in
    If Sheldon's in, I'm in. Is there a date or should I just plan on this being the entire 2021 half of the season?

Looking forward to it, DJ!

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Gonna gets me one of those full time tickets sos I can practice up,
    unless I imbibe to much Coronas and never wake up with a hangover.

Psyched to hear from all of you friends as well as some future ones. I sincerely hope we can pull off something great that will eclipse the work it takes to get here. Especially for the Internationals and the EC'ers. I'd enjoy meeting and skiing with a few of our drawling southern skiers. Warthog, you ready to loose yer kids on the village yet? I owe you, hog.

It will be a challenge for many just to get here, but we're gonna make it worth the effort.

Buster - my man, I can connect you with the captain in short order as his abode is about 6 blocks from mine... I planned on getting a group of AF buds to roll with us too. I'm sure Ben-wa would be glad to reconnect. He pulled me and 3 mags up the back stairs for a linecutting lap last year, but then got waylaid yakking up some rich client gal. That old greybeard with 2 fused vertebrae, still skis like a 30 year old.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    For the truly skidding types, I gots a huge garage that can be heated and would house 10 mags. For free.
    My Solidest of Bros - Harry, Happytime and SFB get dibs on the guest bedroom, Pull-out and waxroom futon. Sheldon gets in too.

Mags from afar will get all requested assistance from the Cowboys.

Yo Vt-F - We'd be psyched to have ya mag, watching you bang out a sweet line at Soli told me all I need to know. You can flat buzz 'em out.
    Also - I tried to get back with ya about that race hat etc. but no answer; still for ya if'n ya want it.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The race crew has a speed/radar gun. We'll be borrowing that for fun...Maybe a single file entourage of elevens pointing Laramie Bowl. Or a Dual point it, never seen that.

If it dumps, we'll be having a huckfest or a powder 8 contest. North to Granite for a race down Endless Coolie or South to the big gnar.

We'll be clocking top to bottom laps from the summit, Top o' da ganjala, and top of AV.

This mountain, with a bunch of mags keeping the course safe, is pretty sick to go mach schnell on. As fast as you've ever gone.

Think Bong-a-thon. And a Gelande' quaffing competition.
    Get training you kooks.

Or don't. We'll still be psyched to turn and burn witcha!

Well saddle up buttercup ‘cause this hombre should be running around 98.37% by then and lookin to get down.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Well saddle up buttercup ‘cause this hombre should be running around 98.37% by then and lookin to get down.
    Titttttaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyzzzzzz!!!!!!