Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Thanks just booked a room. I always drove from the M6 to the lot, looking forward to trying the bus.
    Planning on flying into SLC the weekend before for a few days at Altabird, then driving up for my ikon days at JHMR, then I have to drive back to SLC.
    I usually do this trips solo and don't tour. after spending a big chunk of the summer in the area, i would love to get out for some turns off of teton pass. bringing my touring setup for sure.

need to get a car in SLC... open to suggestions for cheap and AWD/snows.

Also I'm thinking to stay in a motel in Sandy and take the bus up LCC and just forego a car completely. Recommend?

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    I just did a fly-by on the JH Motel6 website and see that you can make a reservation now for a room at $59.99 weekdays and $85.99 for fri/sat nights. I am a M6 member so that might be 5-10% off rack rate.

I booked a room with 2 full beds from 1/26 - 2/2 in case someone needs space and they're booked. I can cancel the day of reservation. So if you're debating, book now and you're free to cancel, no fee, at any time until 6pm day of rez.

Honestly, staying in JH midwinter for $60 a night is a crazy great deal. Makes the lift ticket fees way more viable...
    Last edited by jhyatt; 10-07-2021 at 11:13 AM.
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

I've stayed at the M6 for a handful of nights when local friends are busy or with full guest rooms. Can definitely recommend and the bus is very convenient if you don't want to drive.

If you spend a long time in your room besides showering and sleeping you are doing Jackson wrong anyway.

Tentatively booked the M6 1/29-2/4.
    ((. The joy I get from skiing...
    .))
    ((. That's worth living for.
    .))

Quote Originally Posted by BC13 View Post
    Been there done that, but inbounds. Once I proposed back up about 100 yards in bottomless. Thank god I was in shape. 10 years later I said fuck it, the hike out would have been worse than the dicey descent.

One of my worst inbounds runs ever was a 3 inch "powder" day in March about 2 years after I learned to ski. I almost pissed myself with excitement when I saw just one set of tracks going into the Hobacks. I mistakenly led my friends in and were treated to endless triangular frozen bumps which led to slush filled mud holes. That run kicked my newbie ass hard!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Man, whenthe Hobacks are in, and it's cold top to bottom, there are few better runs out there. I've had many a day in Hobacks after a dump that were all time. I love that zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    Man, whenthe Hobacks are in, and it's cold top to bottom, there are few better runs out there. I've had many a day in Hobacks after a dump that were all time. I love that zone.
    My introduction to JH was a first tram lap down Rendezvous to Hobacks after a solid foot of fresh. Like losing your virginity to a Victoria's Secret model. YIP YAW!
    ((. The joy I get from skiing...
    .))
    ((. That's worth living for.
    .))

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    ^this^. Last time there, in 1994, we skied it after a 43" storm.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Subscribing. Driving back from Nelson BC to Denver in this timeframe. May tend towards shuffling around as we will have just blown our $$$ on a hut trip/avy training.

^^^^^^^^^^^
    I reserved a room at motel6 in case any mags desire a last minute place to stay for cheap. You and Tgapp could have as many nights as desired if it works out.

If it goes unneeded, I'll just cancel the day of.

Just reserved days at JHMR on my ikon. I was clicking around and what other places even require reservations? Not altabird or abasin or aspen. I went through and clicked on some places I plan on going this season and none of them do besides JHMR. go figure.
    If anyone needs a ride or wants to take a few laps: I plan on skiing altabird jan 23-26 then drive to slc and ski JHMR or thereabouts 1/27-2/2 then drive back to slc to stay and ski one more day 2/3 at altabird and I should have some discount buddy passes happy to share. Hopefully that's what the snow does. I know I should figure these details out as the forecast unfolds, but I have also left snow to chase snow and ended up driving around in circles.
    so don't forget to reserve your JH days.
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

I might do something like that, too. We will see how it goes.

Does anyone know just how bad The Continuum is? It seems to be the cheapest thing in Teton Village, but has horrible (3.7/5) on the webz. Good thing about Jackson is that it is easy to find last minute lodging in town. I'm intrigued by those little Wedge Cabins at Fireside.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

The Quick and The Dead ~ A Western Odyssey

Made lift ticket reservations with IKON. Super easy on the App. Got email confirmation.

7 days, reserved Friday January 28 thru Thursday Feb 3.

I will be in Big Sky the week prior.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    I might do something like that, too. We will see how it goes.

Does anyone know just how bad The Continuum is? It seems to be the cheapest thing in Teton Village, but has horrible (3.7/5) on the webz. Good thing about Jackson is that it is easy to find last minute lodging in town. I'm intrigued by those little Wedge Cabins at Fireside.
    The Continuum is new, but basic.
    basically overpriced ikea hotel. but the location helps and new is always nice for cleanliness

Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    I usually do this trips solo and don't tour. after spending a big chunk of the summer in the area, i would love to get out for some turns off of teton pass. bringing my touring setup for sure.
    hit us up as it gets closer and let's plan to get out on a tour or two. I think you and my husband will have a lot to talk about with your Mass-holeness and bike packing too
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    basically overpriced ikea hotel. but the location helps and new is always nice for cleanliness

hit us up as it gets closer and let's plan to get out on a tour or two. I think you and my husband will have a lot to talk about with your Mass-holeness and bike packing too
    I agree with this. I stayed in one of the new rooms in summer 2018 during the renovation. It was fine; no issues.

Thanks. I would take convenience over poshness any day.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post

Not to mention we both went to the same high school.
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

I've pulled the trigger on reserving some ski days just now. This reserving and buying lift tickets 3 months in advance is a bit fucking bizarre, but it's strange days eh.

Getting into JH the night of Jan 25. Figure I'll be touring with my housing spancers on Jan 26 (but not confirmed).
    Skiing the hill Jan 27, 28 (mountain collective pass) & 29th (50% off).
    Jan 30th (sunday) hopefully tour (and not buy pass) with some of you guys if you don't mind waiting for an old, slow, fat guy who's probably only good for a 5,000 ft day (if someone carries my water, lunch, probe and shovel) (kidding).
    Jan 31 (50% off) ski the hill.
    Feb 1 haven't bought pass yet, but it's a tuesday so shouldn't be too busy (????), planned on skiing (maybe even boarding) the hill.
    Feb 2 planned on touring and not buying a pass. Probably ski touring with my housing spancers, but not confirmed.
    Feb 3 last ski day, haven't bought pass yet but it's a thursday so shouldn't be too busy (????), planned on hitting the hill.

I am really looking forward to meeting, skiing, drinking and safety meeting with you freaks.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

@jhyatt ping me to tour when you're closer to getting here

Sent from my SM-A600A using Tapatalk

Queued to land Jan 26 @M6, checkout Jan 30.
    Hubba hubba, first time in a longgggg time.
    Last edited by Buster Highmen; 12-05-2021 at 09:00 PM.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Hoping to get there 1/29 or 1/30 but not sure of exact arrival date yet. Likely staying the full week after that. Got family visiting to ski my local hill a few days prior to 1/29, so unfortunately will miss the big weekend shindig… sounds like there’s enough folks lingering around the first week of Feb to make some shenanigans happen, looking forward to it!

I reserved 01/31 and 02/01. Could change. Not sure yet. Might have to take Hazel Honey with me and leave her in the truck while I ski

Bumping this important thread. I plan to roll into the Jewel of Wydaho on 1/30 and ski for a few days. For the dentists that don't have accomodations I saw that the Four Seasons still has a few rooms for only $3800 a night.

I <heart> hot tele-moms

Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    Bumping this important thread. I plan to roll into the Jewel of Wydaho on 1/30 and ski for a few days. For the dentists that don't have accomodations I saw that the Four Seasons still has a few rooms for only $3800 a night.
    That’s fantastic. I’ve stayed in a bunch of rooms there on a freebee cost, (although the $ I dropped just being in the place…), before the season starts and when the damn place was being erected, I was on the moving crew that moved most of the shit in those rooms too. It ain’t all that even if you have the coin. 3800 a night is kinda comical. I guess that’s the state of the world and this valley nowadays. Thankfully most of the people staying there are afraid of snow. Or..at least they used to be.

What’s the van parking situation? Anyone got a driveway? (If I roll up)

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    What’s the van parking situation? Anyone got a driveway? (If I roll up)

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Plenty of room to park at my place but generally speaking, stealth overnight parking is pretty easy here. Lots of unpatrolled commercial areas as well.

Come on up and turn with us, it's been a while...