Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    If I brought 6 slabs of duck breast and a few bottles of red wine, whose chaqteau is the likely crucible of stoopid culinary h00haw?
    Regarding crash space, I'm looking for proximity to evening affairs and misfit miscreant mayhem.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    I will look into a group rate for passes, stand by.

Generally there's not too many ways to get around the ticket purchase. I certainly know a few ways but that could endanger your freedoms if caught. And they can be real d-bags if they think they can bust some one. Just ask Passholer. They fucked him over for a minor dispute.

All but the 2 highest chairs have rfid gates so it's a gauntlet that used to only take a nug or two to get past.

Any locs with a full pass and therefore some vouchers, we'd be stoked if you can donate some to the cause, hook a mag up with a half pricer. Yer karma will be great.
    iKonic gets 10 buddy passes at 25% off window. Better than nothing
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Not last year with COVID and all, but the Idaho Falls Ski Club in the past has sold discounted vouchers to members. Something to look at once season starts

That is correct, I think it was around $65 a night last winter.

Ski220 chime in here please. He spent about 6 weeks there last season...
    7 weeks. But who's counting

$366.29 per week.

Pulled the trigger on mountain collective pass, so although I'd be receptive to cheaper "lift skiing" options I should be covered for lift tickets now. They have a canadian $ at par thing going on right now so my calculations suggest I saved about $140 USD ($12,432.67 CAD) buying the pass, and who knows, maybe I'll ski some other spots this season.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

I'm an Ikonoclast yet again. Another trip - or maybe two - is in the works for the Tetons. So I'm in for some chicanery. And maybe this time, maybe I can finally link up with Djongo.

What is “the” week?

It seems like late jan early feb shenanigans. But I can’t find prime time kickoff.
    Tried reading through the thread but got bored.

I’ll be out with fam after prez week. But thinking about a solo invasion earlier to crop dust you all.
    . . .

^^^^^^^^^^^ January 22 through February 6

Alright, alright, alright...The competition is back on Maggots!!!

This next ski season, '21-'22, we'll be hosting a mega-mag summit here in the Motherland. Please re-read the original post below and consider yourself invited. From the old hard guys to the fresh jongs, we wantcha here.
    Picking a small window for dates throws a curveball in plan making so this gig's gonna run from January 22 thru February 6.
    That's 2 full weeks, including the weekends on each end. The weekend in the middle should be the major party dates.
    Hopefully this way a maximum amount of participation may be achieved. We'll see.

Have a great summer, you deserve one, then get yer game on for some serious ski shenanigans next season...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And lo, the time came when the Mags of the World craved a gathering of the Family Tree.

A Collective Ensemble to be revered through the ages for it's amazing, yet oddly funky, Passion for Skiing and all things Winter.

In Jackson Hole, Wyoming there shall be a Shindig not to be missed in the season of '22.
    In the American Mecca of Big Mountain Skiing, beneath The Tetons and Along the Banks of the Snake, We shall Gather.

To Ski, To Party, To Befriend, To Re-Friend, To Bomb, Crush and Launch, To Sashay or Wiggle, To Session and Giggle...

But Mostly - To Challenge...

Any and all comers are considered Challengers. You can CALL OUT anyone in any Fashion you may require, to have your Satisfaction.

Top to bottom via Sublette Ridge? Fine.
    Fastest clocked speed? Noooo problem.
    More Bong hits than you? Heh, bring that shit. And the weed.
    Gelande Quaffing? I'm yer Huckleberry.
    Furthest Fakie launch off the Hoback Roller? Kewllll.
    Longboard Race? Nuttin' under 212 and bonafide Race stock only! Git sum...
    Rental Derby? Oh, you betcha...1 din for each 50 lbs.

It absolutely, positively, can be anything to Challenge another Mag with. For fun. FOR FUN.

Any Maggro dogs will be leashed to the Whippin' Post and mauled until docile.

I was lucky enough to ski a little with Doug C. in my youth and will never forget him explaining to me the notion that pretty much any 2 skiers makes a race. Not every run but sometimes you just gotta bang that shit out.

And that's what this is, an invitation to a race, with anyone, to anywhere, anyhow, anyway.

And There will be a multitude of Rippers, Top Shelf, 1%er's as well as a solid Contingent of Old Lions.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This Invitational Requests the Presence of a Delegation From:

-The Trenchers of the Pacific Northwest.

-The Deep Pow Hounds Of Utah.

-The Rocky Mountain Highs Of Colorado.

-The Gangstas of The Kali Kartel.

-The Desert Rats of The Southern Tier.

-The Spudrovian Hordes.

-The Nevada Allnighters.

-The Cowboys From Hell.

-The Montana Master's Class and ALL Ridge Hippies.

-The Flatlanders.

-The Drawlers.

-The Yanks.

- The Maple Leaf Hooligans.

- The Internationals. Yurps, Yaps, Oziwis, Wango Tangos...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    When debating bumping up for JH on yer Ikon this year, maybe consider this as a great opportunity to make the up charge more worthwhile.

The local mags are hip to help with info on places to stay, what to do, how to throw down in this town.

General timeframe for now is between mid January to mid February.
    Typically plenty of snow and a little quieter. One never knows.

Regardless of conditions, it's the Village, so there will be something to do.
    We are incredibly Safety conscious , but they've never heard of Mr. Tosh here, so...Irie.

Come on and see the Shootout or Bring your Firepower.
    We're "gonna take a Flamethrower to this place."- Lt. Col. Slade

Ski, Eat, Drink, Sleep. Repeat.

In Mecca.

So are you Up?
    Are you Down?
    To wear the Crown.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    What is “the” week?

It seems like late jan early feb shenanigans. But I can’t find prime time kickoff.
    Tried reading through the thread but got bored.

I’ll be out with fam after prez week. But thinking about a solo invasion earlier to crop dust you all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    This old fuck from Trenchtown is targetting late January, like the week of Jan 27 to Feb 3.
    I'll sort out the transport, lifts and crash space between now and then.
    Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    Very cool buster. I'm there from the 25th to the 3rd myself. Look very forward to making some turns and sitzmarks with you my friend!
    Quote Originally Posted by thefrush View Post
    This is the timeframe I am shooting for as well.
    ^
    ((. The joy I get from skiing...
    .))
    ((. That's worth living for.
    .))

^^^^^^^^^^^ January 22 through February 6
    Hutash, LBSkier, and I are planning for a week in early January. Maybe we can warm things up for you and the rest of the crew?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    Hutash, LBSkier, and I are planning for a week in early January. Maybe we can warm things up for you and the rest of the crew?
    Most excellent, we'll be glad to ski youse guys soon now.

it will be interesting...I'm shooting for a week starting Jan 26.
    Last edited by SailCat; 10-01-2021 at 05:47 PM. Reason: M6 opened up dates

The Moto6 in Jackson, Wy. has now been opened up to making reservations for 2022 dates on line.

I just made some.

No idea why it was locked off for 2022 until tonight but now that I gots mine, time to make yours.

See you this winter at the skibum Hilton.

Looking forward to seeing you mang!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Yeah, same here.
    Getting stoked for more powder skiing with DJ and you again.

See you on the dock?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210930_233705.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	863.3 KB 
ID:	387451

Eob measuring the snowpack.

Name:	20210213_213112.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	387452
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210116_074628.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	701.4 KB 
ID:	387449   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210213_153649.jpg 
Size:	840.0 KB 
ID:	387450  

FYI : The motel 6 in jh is one of the cheapest winter places to stay. They opened up winter reservations for the Q & D timeframe beginning on 10/1.
    Anyone looking for cheapish digs for this shindig, give them a call. Bring your pet!

It's also about 2 blocks from the bus stop; and the grocery store is another 2.

FYI : The motel 6 in jh is one of the cheapest winter places to stay. They opened up winter reservations for the Q & D timeframe beginning on 10/1.
    Anyone looking for cheapish digs for this shindig, give them a call. Bring your pet!
    and I’ll add that it was remodeled a couple yrs ago so it’s not the worst motel 6 experience either
    skid luxury

It's also about 2 blocks from the bus stop; and the grocery store is another 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    and I’ll add that it was remodeled a couple yrs ago so it’s not the worst motel 6 experience either
    As someone that's enjoyed the hospitality of the Jackson Ski Bum Hilton; I can attest - it'll do just fine. The walking distance to the store and the bus stop is key.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    FYI : Bring your pet!
    sheldon says hes got a bag of turkey tendons
    that says hes the most exstreme pow slaying pet

and will be taking on all critters who think otherwise
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    sheldon says hes got a bag of turkey tendons
    that says hes the most exstreme pow slaying pet

and will be taking on all critters who think otherwise

Name:	Lucky dog.jpg 
Size:	71.6 KB 
ID:	387981
    Lucky Dog says you gotta find him to catch him...

The Turkey tendons are on the table...

Great doggie stoke you two!

Booked the Motel6 for 1/27-1/30. Looking forward to making turns with you k00ks agin'.

^^^^
    Most excellent T-U. Will be good to see ya again and this time we'll get some laps in together. Look forward to turning with mags who've been fighting the good fight what with the c-19 and all.
    Hellz yeah!

I just did a fly-by on the JH Motel6 website and see that you can make a reservation now for a room at $59.99 weekdays and $85.99 for fri/sat nights. I am a M6 member so that might be 5-10% off rack rate.

I booked a room with 2 full beds from 1/26 - 2/2 in case someone needs space and they're booked. I can cancel the day of reservation. So if you're debating, book now and you're free to cancel, no fee, at any time until 6pm day of rez.

Honestly, staying in JH midwinter for $60 a night is a crazy great deal. Makes the lift ticket fees way more viable...

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    The best advice to skiing Jackson is don't follow ski tracks that you don't know, especially if they go under a rope.
    Been there done that, but inbounds. Once I proposed back up about 100 yards in bottomless. Thank god I was in shape. 10 years later I said fuck it, the hike out would have been worse than the dicey descent.

One of my worst inbounds runs ever was a 3 inch "powder" day in March about 2 years after I learned to ski. I almost pissed myself with excitement when I saw just one set of tracks going into the Hobacks. I mistakenly led my friends in and were treated to endless triangular frozen bumps which led to slush filled mud holes. That run kicked my newbie ass hard!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk