Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    I was kind of in full summer biking and water mode but this thread really got me pumped, planning for next winter begins…

winter website not updated for daytix
    so, for the non-IKON, can anyone give an idea on likely multiday pricing for tix?

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    winter website not updated for daytix
    so, for the non-IKON, can anyone give an idea on likely multiday pricing for tix?
    Around $160 -170? I think that's about what they were last year.

Does the Idaho falls ski club still get discount tickets?

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    Does the Idaho falls ski club still get discount tickets?
    They did last year, and it looked like they still offered a pretty good deal for JH. I checked the website earlier today and they don't have discounted tickets posted for the 21-22 season yet for any ski area except for Kelly.

Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    Hey JH mags. Any advantage (or disadvantage) in flying to JH from SEA or SLC? Am I missing a better connecting city from Vancouver? Not looking for a travel agent, just looking to not miss something obvious. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    SEA has Alpental.
    And SLC has, ummm... a few places to ski, of no particular distinction.

But there is Chad's Gap.

Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Ungulate View Post

But there is Chad's Gap.
    Local rumor is you can land short on Chad’s Gap and be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Subscribed

Quote Originally Posted by Self Jupiter View Post
    Subscribed

I would be extra stoked if you could make it.

Babybear and I were laughing the other day reminiscing about your slightly creaky bunks compared to Sailcat's futon from hell.

Quote Originally Posted by skibrd View Post
    Local rumor is you can land short on Chad’s Gap and be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Not fine

An internet meme legend!

I’m tiktoking chads next year. Probably come up short and break my everything
    . . .

I’m gonna try to make it during the window. I didn’t buy any kind of pass this year, but I can usually get some kind of a discount or freebie. I am planning on getting some laps in on the pass or in the park during that timeframe so if anyone is up for that, let me know as we get closer to the big event.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    I would be extra stoked if you could make it.

Babybear and I were laughing the other day reminiscing about your slightly creaky bunks compared to Sailcat's futon from hell.
    Ha! I’d be seriously psyched to ski the place with you guys. Time for training.

Quote Originally Posted by Self Jupiter View Post
    Ha! I’d be seriously psyched to ski the place with you guys. Time for training.
    Hey J... an idea to float.

Maybe you could fly to SEA and ski Alpy/Crystal, then road trip with me to Jackson and back, skiing Anthony/Bridger/Silver en route.

??

I’m already committed to a hut trip feb 2-6 that’s sort of on the way home from JH so I am penciling this ikonic meat fest into my calendar.

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post

Maybe you could fly to SEA and ski Alpy/Crystal, then road trip with me to Jackson and back, skiing Anthony/Bridger/Silver en route.

??
    Solid plan. Don’t be too surprised if there’s a creepy white van in the rear view mirror that’s following you around the country

"I don't want any free candy, why is the free candy van still following us?"

Name:  IMG_1152.JPG
Views: 347
Size:  99.5 KB
    Artist credit: ACH

The Quick and The Dead ~ A Western Odyssey

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post

??
    That sounds awesome, I would be up for that, thank you S! I’ll ping you soon.

!!

Quote Originally Posted by thefortrees View Post
    Solid plan. Don’t be too surprised if there’s a creepy white van in the rear view mirror that’s following you around the country
    The creeps are emerging
    Last edited by Self Jupiter; 08-06-2021 at 10:32 AM.

Put it in the calendar and gonna upgrade to Base Plus. If nothing comes up work-wise, I'll be looking forward to shredding with you maggots.
    ((. The joy I get from skiing...
    .))
    ((. That's worth living for.
    .))

I'm leaning towards the Mountain Collective pass. 2 days in Jackson with you kooks, 2 at Targhee. 2 at Big Sky at some point. Just those 6 days would pay for it and then some.

Quote Originally Posted by Iowagriz View Post
    I'm leaning towards the Mountain Collective pass. 2 days in Jackson with you kooks, 2 at Targhee. 2 at Big Sky at some point. Just those 6 days would pay for it and then some.
    I did that last season and it was a hoot.
    Also had a couple of days at Snow King from a different pass far a couple of low snow days.

If you buy the MC early enough you can add a third day at the resort of your choice.

On timing, I'll be on a SWCO loop through Jan 23 with family.
    So my mostly likely window for roosting would be the week thereafter.

Should any other PNWers have similar time constraints, consider rideshares.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

also subbing to keep this on teh radar. and don't worry, anyone who was talking about intermediate skiiers, thats usually what happens to some of us after we hit one of the shacks with DJ on a bad snow day.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

I sure hope to see all of you mags and many more. We're really gonna try and make this a super Hoot.
    I've skied with most of you for a few laps up to many days and just can't tell you how excited I'll be to turn with so many of you again.
    It just makes me grin hugely, right now.

There's already a big contingent of top shelf skiers thinking on this, Psyched. And I can assure all of youse youts that skill level is a non issue. I expect some very heated intermediate level races.

And mega hut tours and OB tours for those who never have been out and Long board bombing runs and at least one big blowout party if not two and...

Laughing at " on a bad snow day". I've stopped at a hut with quite a few of you on blower pow days to burn; but usually after we get our fill of deep turns. I remember hut stops in deep snow with the Frush and his bros, Pfluffenmeister, Thefortrees, Rudy, SFB obviously; frankly, yer hard pressed to roll with me and not sesh or at least get an offer to.

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    I sure hope to see all of you mags and many more. We're really gonna try and make this a super Hoot.
    I've skied with most of you for a few laps up to many days and just can't tell you how excited I'll be to turn with so many of you again.
    It just makes me grin hugely, right now.

There's already a big contingent of top shelf skiers thinking on this, Psyched. And I can assure all of youse youts that skill level is a non issue. I expect some very heated intermediate level races.

And mega hut tours and OB tours for those who never have been out and Long board bombing runs and at least one big blowout party if not two and...

Laughing at " on a bad snow day". I've stopped at a hut with quite a few of you on blower pow days to burn; but usually after we get our fill of deep turns. I remember hut stops in deep snow with the Frush and his bros, Pfluffenmeister, Thefortrees, Rudy, SFB obviously; frankly, yer hard pressed to roll with me and not sesh or at least get an offer to.
    Super psyched to potentially ski with you again as well my man. Throw in a bunch more mags and what a hootenanny it's gonna be!

Will definitely be bringing touring gear as my solo day on 25 Short prior to the friends rolling into town and skiing JH & GT the following days is still one of my all-time favorite touring days I've ever had. And I know it's an entry level trade route to GTNP so I'd love to explore deeper as well as some more of the JH sidecountry.

Safety meetings are mandatory.
    ((. The joy I get from skiing...
    .))
    ((. That's worth living for.
    .))