Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    in.
    As am I
    what's so funny about peace, love, and understanding?

Can Intermediate recreational skiers attend? Asking for a friend.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    If I can pull it together these next six months I wonder if I can pull off a trip to JH.

Part of the prerequisite will be Mags cooking on camera.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I can only guarantee mags Kooking on camera.

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    Well it's a lot further to Jackson from my new locale, but I'd love to make it up that way this winter. We'll see how things shape up.
    Do it!

Quote Originally Posted by schwerty View Post
    Looking forward to it!
    Get that leg in shape mang, we need ya making turns soon.
    Coach for a drink asap, Koko too.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    SEA has Alpental.
    I almost mentioned the obvious plan B when getting hung up in SEA. If you could pull some of the essence out of Jackson, I think it'd be at Alpy more than anywhere else I've been.

Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    See you guys in 206 days or something.
    Training for JH is,
    GfT
    Titttaaaayyyzzz
    Quote Originally Posted by up an down View Post
    As am I
    Eggzellent too.

Quote Originally Posted by jonesy View Post
    TfT is always welcome here.

You on the other hand will be in front of the speedgun.

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    This Invitational Requests the Presence of a Delegation From:

-The Montana Master's Class
    If this means old slow geezers than can ski slightly better than Sheldon, I'm in.

Yes, just an FYI, we often just pick a chairlift we will meet at, and from there it’s pick your own adventure. Don’t worry, we will guide you to what way is the green, blue, black, and double black ways.

If you haven’t skied Jackson, the best advice I can give is don’t stress about trail signs because half are wrong. The best way to think about trail ratings are as follows:

Green: flat, turning optional, only found on the bottom of the mountain.

Blue: groomed every night, you will find blues that are mellow and blues that are steep, don’t fret, they will be groomed

Black: most likely not groomed, you will encounter conditions off all sorts, from bumps, to once, to powder. A few exceptions to this rule are Kemmerer and Laramie Bowl, which always have a few groomers path down them, but in general blacks aren’t not groomed.

Double blacks: never groomed, ever

If you have questions, always feel free to ask, we are always willing to give a bit of advice on how to get around or what’s coming up. You’ll be surprised at how Jackson will change you, things you thought were steep back home, will seem not so challenging any more.

One exception to this is a deep powder day, at least in the morning, if you can keep up, you can hang out. If you can’t, catch you at the bar at the end of the day, but then again if it’s a super deep day I’ll be out on my sled, screw the lift lines.

Quote Originally Posted by skibrd View Post

You’ll be surprised at how Jackson will change you, things you thought were steep back home, will seem not so challenging any more.
    Ahem...
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Yes, just an FYI, we often just pick a chairlift we will meet at, and from there it’s pick your own adventure. Don’t worry, we will guide you to what way is the green, blue, black, and double black ways.

If you haven’t skied Jackson, the best advice I can give is don’t stress about trail signs because half are wrong. The best way to think about trail ratings are as follows:

Green: flat, turning optional, only found on the bottom of the mountain.

Blue: groomed every night, you will find blues that are mellow and blues that are steep, don’t fret, they will be groomed

Black: most likely not groomed, you will encounter conditions off all sorts, from bumps, to once, to powder. A few exceptions to this rule are Kemmerer and Laramie Bowl, which always have a few groomers path down them, but in general blacks aren’t not groomed.

Double blacks: never groomed, ever

If you have questions, always feel free to ask, we are always willing to give a bit of advice on how to get around or what’s coming up. You’ll be surprised at how Jackson will change you, things you thought were steep back home, will seem not so challenging any more.

One exception to this is a deep powder day, at least in the morning, if you can keep up, you can hang out. If you can’t, catch you at the bar at the end of the day, but then again if it’s a super deep day I’ll be out on my sled, screw the lift lines.

Thanks for the encouraging advice. I'll pass it on to my friend.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

You’ll be surprised at how Jackson will change you, things you thought were steep back home, will seem not so challenging any more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Ahem...
    cough, cough.

+1
    ski paintingshttp://michael-cuozzo.fineartamerica.com" horror has a face; you must make a friend of horror...horror and moral terror.. are your friends...if not, they are enemies to be feared...the horror"....col Kurtz

The best advice to skiing Jackson is don't follow ski tracks that you don't know, especially if they go under a rope.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    The best advice to skiing Jackson is don't follow ski tracks that you don't know....
    Good advice also for a number of resorts in Euroville (eg Zinal) where parapenters have tracks going over pretty much every cliff band in sight.
    Looking very forward to hitting another bucket list hill (JH). Hope like hell I can sort of keep up with a few of you dudes.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Good advice also for a number of resorts in Euroville (eg Zinal) where parapenters have tracks going over pretty much every cliff band in sight.
    Looking very forward to hitting another bucket list hill (JH). Hope like hell I can sort of keep up with a few of you dudes.

Don't even sweat the keeping up thang. We got it dialed in here. Wanna go fast? fine, take a lap and we'll meet back up in 10 minutes. Same if ya wanna go slow.

Unlike them PNW dogs, we enjoy our space here, so we pretty much pick point B and meet there. You can go as slow or fast as you want en route. If it's first box and 18-30" of blower untracked, I might crack the whip on ya.

Hell, I gotta make space just for my bro dog to sit on the open hatch of the Sportwagen wit me.
    In tram line, people are told to backdafugup constantly. It's Wyoming, we got space.

Wanna go Outta bounds?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	follow.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	2.21 MB 
ID:	378999

Follow me.

TfT is always welcome here.
    I heard there’s a new intermediate groomer in the works on the hill, so I’m definitely gonna be there. Might need to borrow some skinny carvers from jonesy to really enjoy it though

Don't even sweat the keeping up thang. We got it dialed in here. Wanna go fast? fine, take a lap and we'll meet back up in 10 minutes. Same if ya wanna go slow.

Unlike them PNW dogs, we enjoy our space here, so we pretty much pick point B and meet there. You can go as slow or fast as you want en route. If it's first box and 18-30" of blower untracked, I might crack the whip on ya.

Hell, I gotta make space just for my bro dog to sit on the open hatch of the Sportwagen wit me.
    In tram line, people are told to backdafugup constantly. It's Wyoming, we got space.

Wanna go Outta bounds?

Name:	follow.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	2.21 MB 
ID:	378999

Follow me.
    So true. Jackson Is so easy to take laps with intermediate skiers. If they rip on groomers they might even be waiting for the gnar crew. Depends on how much gnar they go for.

And if you’re really slow, take a few laps and meetup later.

Powder day? Fuck off. Keep up or get lost. lol.
    . . .

Hmm.. I NEED this so bad. Going to start planting seeds now and see how they grow. Hope to see y'all there and will definitely bring the Spats!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by thefortrees View Post
    I heard there’s a new intermediate groomer in the works on the hill, so I’m definitely gonna be there. Might need to borrow some skinny carvers from jonesy to really enjoy it though
    My skis are rentals so you'll have to turn up the DIN. Maybe you can give me a few pointers on Powder skiing for beers, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by thefortrees View Post
    Gawdam - that took days.

I think CS mentioned them doing a groomer over the shrubby hump early into Laramie from the Quad. That would disappoint me as it's the only one high up and peeps avoid it's tricky dicky lines. Love that feature.
    But they've been grooming a little more over in there for the past few so it wouldn't surprise me.
    It would be a fucking rocket ride/slideferlifer tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    So true. Jackson Is so easy to take laps with intermediate skiers. If they rip on groomers they might even be waiting for the gnar crew. Depends on how much gnar they go for.

And if you’re really slow, take a few laps and meetup later.

Powder day? Fuck off. Keep up or get lost. lol.
    I have the good fortune of a lotta deep snow, so I can be more patient than I once was.
    But I am not patient by design.
    And I Love showing mags a mindblowing POW line offa first box. It's usually the same for me, just less hectic usually. If I'm on my own, I'm racing early schoolers and Mtn. guides and Monied intermediates to firsties.
    Behind me, worker.
    Bet.
    Ski220 found me in line his first day last year and at the bottom of the bowl, I cut him loose. First day at elevation and maybe first turns of the season. Soon, we were skiing laps all over the place, partying in line, yada yada.

Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post
    Hmm.. I NEED this so bad. Going to start planting seeds now and see how they grow. Hope to see y'all there and will definitely bring the Spats!

Honestly man, I'm kinda hoping that the mags are jonesing for a get together because:
    1. Last year was such a clusterfuck with the Pandemic.
    2. Mags are really into a big 'Summit' like the old days.
    3. Lotsa mags had a less than desirable season skiing this past winter.
    4. With some early notice, it's a little easier to make a decision and act on it without any last minute pressures.
    5. It'd be a good year to add JH onto your Ikon pass.
    6. Motel6 is cheap in the winter and it's fine for a ski trip...$65 ish and bring your dog. And a hotplate.

My skis are rentals so you'll have to turn up the DIN. Maybe you can give me a few pointers on Powder skiing for beers, thanks.
    Ya know, TFT has quite a solid handle on this place. I'd let him lead me.
    Bring the longboards, we gonna rail 60m arcs for miles.

Bring the longboards, we gonna rail 60m arcs for miles.
    Fuck, if I was driving I'd bring a quiver. Going to pack:
    Jones Hovercraft
    Touring - Black Crow Nocta
    Hill raging - DPS Wailer 112 RP
    Can't manage the DH race boards I'm afraid. Maybe I could bum a pair for the speed gun?
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Unfortunately I'm Epic, not Iconic.. so so much for that. I am going to do everything possible to make this happen. Only been to JH once and it was early Jan with very low snow, so haven't experienced it for real.

Likely travel solo and cheap. Definitely not bringing the pup..

Will I need a vehicle?

Assuming the 9D8s can stay home and OG Cochise will suffice as my smaller skis? If the spatulas come too I'm going to be pushing it for my old sportube. Guess I'll figure it out

The stoke is growing.. time to start looking for flights

Any homeless camps nearby? Checking the shop for longboards.

Gawdam - that took days.

I think CS mentioned them doing a groomer over the shrubby hump early into Laramie from the Quad. That would disappoint me as it's the only one high up and peeps avoid it's tricky dicky lines. Love that feature.
    But they've been grooming a little more over in there for the past few so it wouldn't surprise me.
    It would be a fucking rocket ride/slideferlifer tho.

I.
    Summer info from a long long time patroller good friend.
    Flip point through the bush. I don’t understand it.
    Once you take the traverse to flip point just keep going if you suck.
    I hope it’s not true.

Edit: Pepi could claim any run on the mountain. He picked upper sublette ridge. Fkna. It’s a good ride. Can’t imagine grooming the upper third of that.
    . . .

Fuck, if I was driving I'd bring a quiver. Going to pack:
    Jones Hovercraft
    Touring - Black Crow Nocta
    Hill raging - DPS Wailer 112 RP
    Can't manage the DH race boards I'm afraid. Maybe I could bum a pair for the speed gun?
    Hellz yes. I got these with a demo clamp for all.

Name:	7x3.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	495.4 KB 
ID:	379016

Name:	7x2.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	737.2 KB 
ID:	379018
    215 dh, easy peasy.

I think them clamps only go up to 12; stay nimble and light. ski strong.

Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post
    Unfortunately I'm Epic, not Iconic.. so so much for that. I am going to do everything possible to make this happen. Only been to JH once and it was early Jan with very low snow, so haven't experienced it for real.

Likely travel solo and cheap. Definitely not bringing the pup..

Will I need a vehicle?

Assuming the 9D8s can stay home and OG Cochise will suffice as my smaller skis? If the spatulas come too I'm going to be pushing it for my old sportube. Guess I'll figure it out

The stoke is growing.. time to start looking for flights.

You def do not NEED a vehicle. Having one is convenient but between the bus system and friendly locals, getting around is cake.
    I gotta race the early bus riders for a first tram sometimes. It's damn efficient for out of towners.

Way too early to be picking skis.
    My DD is a 98. I have a 101 and a 116 for more snow. But they all work most days. Well, the fat super 7's blow on hardpack but they're pretty much my deep16"+ or upside down pow boards.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Trying to make this as accessible as possible for as many as possible, hence the 2 week window.
    Weekends, by definition are busier than the weekdays so hopefully we can all get some quality skiing somewhere in there instead of betting on a 4 day window.

1 pair of skis.
    1 pair of boots.
    I skis as I please.
    And I has lots of routes.

My cadence is mine.
    Will see how that fits.
    If I get off pod time
    I'll wait for you shits.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

I've been seeing this thread bumped and thinking it was for some stupid movie that I haven't seen.

Guess I'm subscribed and have something to train for next year. Looking forward to doing something stupid.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

There's a plan for an interesting stop near you on the drive from the pnw.