Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I received my BMX 115 a few days ago, they’re super soft in the tip, like a Line Sir Francis Bacon, in the tail it’s stiffer. A lot of camber, more than on the pics I found on the web, 5mm per ski. I’ll see if I like them next season but I’m a bit disappointed.

I also got my BMX 105 (not HP, normal one), the flex is consistent and medium stiff, got 2 days on them, I like them they’re great in powder for their size and pretty good on piste also, quite versatile.

Got them for cheap online in EU.

Quote Originally Posted by tuco View Post
    Gotcha.
    Sorry for the misqoute.
    108 as bottomfeedery as in103 was? I have some undrilled 191's, so I'm curious.
    Have not skied im103 since 2004, but I don't think so.
    Those are the most bottomfeedery skis, maybe ever!

Just a stiff/non-rockered tip, so it requires attention to keep it planed up with lots of speed in skied out soft snow.

I think you are in SLC, right? ... if so, feel free to borrow my pair (315mm BSL) sometime before mounting yours. Best everyday snowbird ski of my life.

Regarding your pair, I will buy them the second you choose to sell em, if ever!

@buster - I bet those will settle in a bit (slightly reverse) after a few days of skiing them.

2nd in line for those 191 monsters. Finished out my much shortened season on mine once I got my legs in shape. I also mounted up an old pair of 185 line motherships for low tide mtn destruction. Stiffer Metal laminate 110 underfoot is definitely my favorite every day inbounds ski and hard to find these days.

BLack Crows Corvus were on my radar until I found the monsters/moships, they may be worth a look. Flat camber, metal, charger(supposedly, I’ve never skied them)
    ...tricks deserve applause, style deserves respect

Quote Originally Posted by Marshal Olson View Post
    Have not skied im103 since 2004, but I don't think so.
    Those are the most bottomfeedery skis, maybe ever!

Just a stiff/non-rockered tip, so it requires attention to keep it planed up with lots of speed in skied out soft snow.

I think you are in SLC, right? ... if so, feel free to borrow my pair (315mm BSL) sometime before mounting yours. Best everyday snowbird ski of my life.

Regarding your pair, I will buy them the second you choose to sell em, if ever!
    Yep. Total bottom feeders.
    Yeah, Sandy. 325 bsl here.
    I found these on sale cheep! Touch of unicorn here, probably will not sell, but you never know!
    So Marshall and Rip. As fellow Head aficionados . Have either of you been fortunate enough to grace your feet with the Boneshaker/Carlos?
    Best ski ever, btw!

-continuing thread drift-

I have not, I was a bit too late to the head party to get on those, but I do love the A-star. It dominates steeps and crud, fine in deep pow as long as it's steep, once the slope angle let's up they get a little divey. I've also had the collective 105 in 181(kinda regret selling but they were too soft for true all mtn performance for me) replaced them with some monster 108s in 177, -11 mount vs -7 so about the same tip length, for moguls, groomers, low mtn noodling..

Also have the Kore series 105 and 117.. for bc use mainly, get knocked around in heavy snow but fun chargy lightweight skis.

re: monster pow performance - I don't think they are that bad really, with the trad mount point they won't dive but you def have to drive them into the snow and if the density suffices they will pop up and surf, just kinda old school style. But I'm usually skiing them right at the beginning or after storms here in telluride so if I find some pow it's sheltered, settled and stashy, if it's soft underneath I'm skiing a-stars.
    ...tricks deserve applause, style deserves respect

I loved those 120’s as well, but those algae WNDR’s look cool.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    see title; I'm not enough of a gearhead to survey
    Fatypus D’Riddim???
    188cm
    118mm waist

Name:  IMG_6549.JPG
Views: 1331
Size:  11.4 KB

There is also the p-Dubya- 111mm waist - stiffer yet, but might have more camber than looking for though.

Name:  IMG_6549.JPG
Views: 1331
Size:  11.4 KB
    "Not all who wander are lost"

Quote Originally Posted by stuntmanbo View Post
    I’m also looking for this in a 115mm, not more. The Metal Katana has too much swing weight and a bit stiff for me, the VW Katana is a bit too light, the Hoji is too rockered, the Renegade/Nocta/Lotus 120 are too wide.
    Too bad black crows doesn’t do some kind of flat Corvus in a 115mm.
    I tried a Hokkaido 189 but didn’t like it, a bit too stiff and long and heavy.
    The Confession reviews are not great most say that it’s harder to ski than the Metal Katana plus build quality seems low, lots of delams.
    WNDR 110 is a bit too narrow and light.
    Maybe a custom reverse Folsom Gambit 113 but lots of €€€ especially if importing to EU.
    Looks like a 186 EHP may be the answer but hard to find in EU ...
    I have a cheap pair of OG Blizzard Bodacious in 186 in CH that I need to unload before moving to the US, should you be interested. A bit looser than the Katana. Just as heavy tho. But so fuckin awesome

Hmm thanks but I tried the 2016 one (without metal) and didn’t like it and also didn’t like the Cochise so I doubt it would work ... I’ll ask around to see if someone is interested !

Edit : I have a friend maybe interested you can pm me the price and condition and your WhatsApp, I’ll forward.
    Last edited by stuntmanbo; 03-26-2020 at 06:33 AM.

Packaged obesity lipstick flab remorse god church ridden polysorbate-80 squat cellulite image preening soap opera greased police politician cowed night nation presbyterian fun free sin soaked clawed her hands down her gorgeous gingham wicker basket picnic alcoholic child molesting priest denial freeway science autoreversal dental dam dead rivers empty peaks diurnal urinary infection dimbido dumbozo bebe Nixon Redumblican tarmac nightmare exhaust suck frito layed slathered in crisco unlanded lost staggering lonely crowd unfurling into an electric jazz poofter.
    Wow. It’s like don van vliet on skis

Well played sir
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by tuco View Post
    Yep. Total bottom feeders.
    Yeah, Sandy. 325 bsl here.
    I found these on sale cheep! Touch of unicorn here, probably will not sell, but you never know!
    So Marshall and Rip. As fellow Head aficionados . Have either of you been fortunate enough to grace your feet with the Boneshaker/Carlos?
    Best ski ever, btw!
    right on. if we ever get to ski lifts again this winter, hit me up!
    your boot should fit no trouble.
    and I am +0.5mm so you would try them right on the line.

I'd love to get on the Carlos.
    Been keeping an eye out for a cheap pair on your recommendation.
    But never had the pleasure.

right on. if we ever get to ski lifts again this winter, hit me up!
    your boot should fit no trouble.
    and I am +0.5mm so you would try them right on the line.

I'd love to get on the Carlos.
    Been keeping an eye out for a cheap pair on your recommendation.
    But never had the pleasure.
    Alright dude, sounds good.
    You can ski Bones/Carlos no problemo. I did what you appear to be doing with 108's. I've got 3 pair Boneshakers and 1 Carlos.(1 is getting relegated to rock/spring duty, 2 are used but in great shape, one of which is getting remounted soon and 1 brand new pair Boneshakers). Had a head pro tell me he thought they were the best skis Head had made too and wished they would bring them back. This ski is very high on the underrated scale,IMHO!

Maybe faction dictator 4.0..?

While I have a pair of the red lotus 120s, they have just a bit more rocker than I like.

I really just want a pair of the old black bamboo sidewalled Lotus 120s in a 190. They must still have the molds.

I can't find another ski quite like that. I get great spring out of them despite the lack of camber and I think the liveliness comes from that stiff pintail.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Kastle BMX 115 might be worth a look as well

While I have a pair of the red lotus 120s, they have just a bit more rocker than I like.

I really just want a pair of the old black bamboo sidewalled Lotus 120s in a 190. They must still have the molds.

I can't find another ski quite like that. I get great spring out of them despite the lack of camber and I think the liveliness comes from that stiff pintail.
    I know for 100% sure that the molds no longer exist.
    But Peter T has the design files.
    Its a simple equation of math.
    Get enough commitments (pairs) to justify recutting the mold, and boom.

PM me if you want more info / to pursue this.
    I'd order an OG pair of 190's myself too.
    And in I'd move the flex pattern and mount line forward 2cm in the process.

that DPS manufacturing fella who rode thru here a year ago on the way to Denali said he had some lotus 120 forms, but he didnt know anything about them or that the 120 was a cult classic, I think DPS is on to other things but it shouldn't be that hard to make a bunch of copy's if you had enough takers ?

wouldn't there be different forms for different years of lotus 120 ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Pretty sure Wagner skis could build you a copy, different construction but they could get the profile and flex.

I know for 100% sure that the molds no longer exist.
    But Peter T has the design files.
    Its a simple equation of math.
    Get enough commitments (pairs) to justify recutting the mold, and boom.

PM me if you want more info / to pursue this.
    I'd order an OG pair of 190's myself too.
    And in I'd move the flex pattern and mount line forward 2cm in the process.
    I’d be in on that too

The Lotus 120 OG is born.
    190, flex 2 and 3. Retro graphics.

Who's in?

The Lotus 120 OG is born.
    190, flex 2 and 3. Retro graphics.

Who's in?
    A bit too short. But I’d contribute just to see it made

Are “retro graphics” eggplant purplish black boring?
    . . .

Enumerate the flat camber, minimal rocker, stiff pintail 110+ waisted skis

Let’s go 184cm??? Crickets???
    Uno mas

Relaxing in Tschmut, Tujetsch

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    that DPS manufacturing fella who rode thru here a year ago on the way to Denali said he had some lotus 120 forms, but he didnt know anything about them or that the 120 was a cult classic, I think DPS is on to other things but it shouldn't be that hard to make a bunch of copy's if you had enough takers ?

wouldn't there be different forms for different years of lotus 120 ?
    Clay, correct?

They have the rocker profile of the last Lotus 120 (mega tip rocker, similar to Wailer 112's).
    They do NOT have the cassette mold & would need to use the OG rocker profile of the first 3 runs.

Pretty sure they DO have the OG Lotus 138 cassettes however...
    but if that was re-run, they would need to re-cut rocker profiles for Rocker 1 and/or Rocker 2 spec.