Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9

People are nervous and edgy and stressed. My entire day today was soft management stuff. I donít think I actually got anything done that wasnít some form of validation or soothing or mediating. Itís uniquely exhausting, especially for somebody who tends to be a bit of a caustic asshole.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    People are nervous and edgy and stressed. My entire day today was soft management stuff. I don’t think I actually got anything done that wasn’t some form of validation or soothing or mediating. It’s uniquely exhausting, especially for somebody who tends to be a bit of a caustic asshole.
    You soothed me because now I know I'm not alone.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mike View Post
    what's the rush--deadlines pushed to July 15 right?
    Correct, deadline has been pushed out. I still have a shit ton of returns to do. Just not working on weekends or pulling 60 hour weeks anymore. Accounting really is a stable ass career.

Who's still working?

Quote Originally Posted by GSinister View Post
    Thanks to all of you who are doing the really essential work!
    Youíre welcome. I work at a gold mine. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by xyz View Post
    Youíre welcome. I work at a gold mine. :-)
    My ex works at a copper mine. They just ceased operations today.

Highway maintenance/snow removal. Essential service atm to keep goods and services flowing until the last avy shoot. 3 more weeks. Hasnt been a ton of snow lately so just doing laps scouting lines to ski and kicking off the odd rocks or snowbslls that hit the road. With the good vis and ez pace lately is been good scouting but beyond painful knowing its all closed now. Its a long ways to the alpine in the spring without the highway access to my 20ish new possibilities

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    My ex works at a copper mine. They just ceased operations today.
    Itís happening for sure. The supply chain is our crux. Iím surprised we are still going. But somebody needs to pay some taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    The booze in bars comes from the state liquor stores (Grizzly, KrisCo, Lolo Liquor are the only ones local) which, in turn, comes from the state's liquor warehouse in Helena. The liquor warehouse has at least $12 million worth of liquor at any one time. The system is dumb as hell but Montana is NOT running out of liquor any time soon.
    Interesting.
    Was also thinking beer and wine at the grocery store.

Hopefully this wakes bosses and companies and everyone else up to how many people reeeeeeally don't need to be driving into work or flying/driving to meetings, etc.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by xyz View Post
    Itís happening for sure. The supply chain is our crux. Iím surprised we are still going. But somebody needs to pay some taxes.
    I'm hoping, if anything, that comes out of this is we see these weaknesses. Kind of like a learning lesson. 10 steps, whatever. We come out of this stronger for the next one,.which is coming. #history

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app
    http://www.firsttracksonline.com

I wish i could be like SkiFishBum

Wifey is a CPA, she is busy as hell. She probably got ten panicked calls by noon demanding answers on the new tax Regs, tax implications of stimulus money, tax implications of unemployment (for both workers and companies), and general financial and investment advice...which she doesn’t actually do. Probably thirty calls all day...when the hell would she have had time to read the bill (that came out this morning, 1200 pages) between all of the calls?
    (And the fact that it hasn’t actually passed yet)
    Last edited by rideit; 03-26-2020 at 10:29 PM.
    Forum Cross Pollinator

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    Are these ID or WA? The Idaho order states commercial and public works as essential but residential is non-essential. I don't get why commercial gets a by...I would get it if the projects were for essential services but no stipulation there. Blaine County (Sun Valley area), just halted all construction unless emergency such as water mains and sewer from all the kahle and kleenex flushings.
    Mostly WA but we have one in CdA starting in a couple weeks that's for the WWTP, essential infrastructure. Residential is shut down but we don't do residential anyway.

Really sorry to hear about all of the folks losing their jobs. I hope this passes quickly before too much damage is done. NMChoi so sorry to hear that you got it. Glad you are doing ok. I own a lawn mowing company and we do lots of HOA's, apartments, and a few hundred residential clients. We did not get mentioned in the exemption here in Washington state but we fall under the umbrella of essential home services ( at least so far) .Been running all of our trucks with a single worker working longer shifts and instructed clients to call the office and not talk to the worker on their property. If we get shut down and the grass goes for months the grass will be waist tall with spring in the NW. One of my friends owns a large furniture store and sales dried up 3 weeks ago and he is really freaked out now that the shutdown is here.
    License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations