Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    wart, good to hear, enough time then those dothingy makers need my gear.

Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    Fire/Medic. Nervous times for sure.
    Neighbor is retired Alaska State Trooper, now with City FD. 75ish. I think they stood him down when our town went Phase 3, which can't have gone over well, as he's lived and trained all his life for a circus like this.
    But we may need our strategic reserves soon, if our local 2-digits don't catch on to the whole "Global Pandemic" thing and turn into Biters.

Still working but from home. Coordinate food service in a small school district. Basically I'm using my hours to coordinate delivery of food to FRAM students. Finally have time to do much needed development work. I'm lucky enough that the district wants to keep paying my hours and have me work on this when not burdened with the regular day to day. Almost wish they didn't want to pay me, cause balancing home schooling my kid is work.

I'm a private boat captain for a 1%'er with a 70'sail and 60'power. Still working on normal seasonal boat maintenance and getting gear ready for the summer season. Boatyard where the boats are stored still lets me on site because I'm a known local good ol boy and live closer to the yard than most of their own employees. Other captains traveling in and out "from away" have been denied access to check in/work on their boats based on their travel history for the last 2 weeks. I'm preparing for the state to direct the boatyard to close any day as a "non-essential" entity. Starting to bring boat parts and components that are removeable and transportable to my home shop to continue working. Bottom paint last two weeks and currently rebuilding hydraulic manifolds with new seals/gaskets and rebuilding/regreasing winches. Boss man has not confirmed any changes to his boating schedule which starts Memorial day weekend. Not sure how this Summer plays out with potential travel restrictions for him as he lives on the other Coast... 1st world yachting problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    Tread lightly on marketing right now.

I'm getting super pissed at every CEO sending me their COVID-19 "we care about you" bullshit emails and hate the DMs from people on Linkedin telling me about all the free shit they have to offer right now to help businesses during these tumultuous times. Fuck off with that.
    Yep, I’m erasing sales emails everyday too

What I’m working on is developing graphic materials, researching possible relationships and opportunities...not really direct sales for jobs, tho I won’t turn down any work at this point

still working, planner at a large construction/engineering firm that is supposed to be in the midst of transition at the highest level. the viability of the company seems a bit unstable. I'm work from home most of the time. currently, there's backlog for many people in my office. however, a bunch of field work went away for many of my co-workers, and the work from home thing is a challenge for many government clients.

Quote Originally Posted by LHutz Esq View Post
    We are still doing the contract, employment, general corp stuff but I spend most of my time organizing remote staff. I have been able to work remote for a while now (nothing better than billing from the hill). Although I am still going into the office - because I love our office. So if others can’t do it Lee we can if you need more capacity.

I think my real estate practice is going to die off.

Still busy with the corp stuff but we will see. I have a couple months just in backlog work - so that helps.

Getting a lot of inquiries about family law - man do I hate family law.

I was thinking estate planning might pick up - but crickets.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    I'll pass it on. I don't have the capacity for the extra corporate work so will.do that

Still working, government lackey, do admin work at a research facility. I took last week off for a staycation since ski trip was interrupted and just as a precaution. Got back to the office and had over 450 emails that were all cc’s from IT staff trying to solve other location’s problems for folks that transitioned to WFH. We are so remote, and I live about a 2 min walk from the office, WFH seems kind of pointless right now.

Sitting in an EOC. So yeah, employed.

I'm a photojournalist on the video side. Haven't been in the building in almost 3 weeks. I'm used to working out of the car, but the lack of social interaction is getting to me. I've gotten a shit-ton done though, I guess there's something to be said about an increase in productivity when you're not wasting time bullshitting.

I was a sales director of an outdoor brand up until yesterday when they decided my position and some others needed to be eliminated. This decision was solely based on the retail slow down because so many stores are currently closed.

I can’t remember the last time I did not have a job it’s super bizarre

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Ouch!! Take a few days off before you get networkin. Anybody asks why, just say "The Virus". Seriously.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Run distribution centers around the country for a manufacturing company that supply products to
    Utilities.

Been working from home for a couple years anyhow, along with wife. Both of us are busier then ever and the management piece of all this sucks. Telling people they have to come to work because we are an essential service is no fun. Running limited staff with sales teams at home. Would think people would be grateful to still be working.

Our utility customers won’t stop needing our products, so hopefully safe for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

I'm a business systems analyst for a global tech manufacturer. I was set up to WFH and kind of split time between home and office. With the COVID-19 pandemic they mandated that the entire global workforce WFH, except for essential functions like mfg and r&d. The only real difference from before is that now everyone insists on turning on the video in Zoom and seeing who can display the coolest fake background.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Emergency department RN. Just finished my 6th 12hr shift in as many days. Live in AK. I may have a Golden Horseshoe stuck up my ass. Tomorrow I start paternity leave for 3 months(paid) that was planned back in November.

Work has been steady with a significant increase in psychiatric emergencies and OD’s, but the daily census is about 20% lower than usual in the last 10 days. With the order to shelter in place from governor and general consensus to avoid hospitals at all cost, a lot of the walking well aren’t making their way into emergistan as they normally would.

We have 42 cases of covid as of today in all of AK, with a large majority related to travel.

In the last two days I have taken care of a smattering (12 or so) of febrile respiratory illness in young and elderly alike, but our tests are slow to turnaround. My director is suppose to reach out if we have direct contact with a covid + pt. I have yet to get a phone call.
    the best skier is the one having the most fun------DC

Who's still working?

civil engineer in heavy construction, work for publicly traded GC

no signs of slowing down. work from home when I can, cover field ops where ‘social distancing’ is more feasible

Data warehouse/business intelligence manager for a biotech that focuses on analysis of the human immune system. I and my team can work from home as are all employees that can. Lab and support are still going in of course. We are sitting on a mountain of cash so not too worried about the company. We are starting our major covid study this week as I linked to earlier in this thread and we also still have to process all the oncology samples we get so business isn’t going anywhere.
    "Great barbecue makes you want to slap your granny up the side of her head." - Southern Saying

Insurance agent. Banned from home visits. May learn phone sales or use mail. Luckily 75% of my income is in renewals.

People not answering phones right now anyway, so may say wtf, and just do alot of push ups.

Who's still working?

Sales and marketing guy at a cannabis brewery. We make infused ginger beer, mandarin lime soda, and super tasty tinctures from 2.5 to 1000mg. Staying busy locally and with oversight work but without travel around Oregon, it’s a bit slower. I’ll take it. Grateful cannabis is considered an essential business and our distributor has 8 salespeople across the state keeping shops stocked.
    Let me lock in the system at Warp 2
    Push it on into systematic overdrive
    You know what to do

Ski gentleman here , bum knee so can't ski
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I do software development for utility infrastructure management using remotely sensed data. Fortunate to say we've never been busier, and that I even got a raise today. We're still posting jobs. If anyone is looking for work and has a strong programming, machine learning, distributed computing, etc. background, feel free to DMe for more information.

We have a good number of remote workers, and I've been WFH for about 2 weeks now. Although, I much prefer to go into the office. I enjoy the bike commute exercise and keeping my home for me.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Still working over here. I'm a logistics consultant at a company that works with school districts. Since they are facing shutdowns nationwide, districts are full-speed on planning projects. They are usually preoccupied with daily operations, so for once they have a chance to focus their efforts on the future.

It helps that our company, despite its flaws, runs on the back of federal education dollars. Was planning on a job switch this year, but with the economy heading towards the shitter I'm thinking about hunkering down for now.

I work for a company that does cloud-based emergency notification for business continuity/disaster recovery. Every time a hurricane, earthquake, flood, winter storm, forest fire, or pandemic hits our phones start ringing. Needless to say we are very busy right now. I'm in finance/accounting. Almost everyone was already set up and regularly worked remote. New CEO was trying to get people in the office more, but Covid19 has thrown a wrench in his plans. 2 weeks with recommended WFH, now mandatory starting this week.

Quote Originally Posted by mall walker View Post
    I really recommend waking up at the same time, shower/shave/dress for work, go to wherever you work in your house for business hours only, then change and leave that space at the end of the day, at least as you adjust.
    No way, I'm working in my boxers, t-shirt optional. Head out at lunch for tacos or whatever to support the local establishments that are still open (to-go only) then a beer and a nap after lunch. I could get used to this....

Quote Originally Posted by Skistack View Post
    I work for a real estate development and investment company. On week two of WFH. A portion of our portfolio is hotels, which are obviously getting hammered, like 5% occupancy. We were told last Friday to expect salary reductions of 5-10% and some partial furloughs to help close the revenue shortfall.
    Sounds like my previous company. Real estate development and investments. Mostly high rise condos. Investments in all kinds of stuff. They stopped building in Socal after the big recession. Just coming back now but only building apartments. It was actually more the construction defect lawsuits that drove them away more than the economy.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Infrastructure operations for a medium sized business support corp. WfH pretty much since I started 4y ago. So far... so good.
    And full time internet forum poster.

Not this guy. I'm a rental and repair tech at a ski resort. We were definitely one of the last full-service resorts to shut down in the country, but it was still a very abrupt halt almost a month ahead of our scheduled closing date.

Things are looking downright grim in this town outside of the Forest Service, Idaho Dept of Lands, county government, a data mining company, and any place selling toilet paper. The timber and construction companies will probably hang on for a month or two until demand drops. Right now though, I'd bet about a third of the county is either unemployed or going down with the ship if they run a small business. The entire downtown is pretty much locked up. It consists almost entirely of small, independent retailers, restaurants, and bars, most of which lease their space for a hefty price. To add insult to injury, a "downtown revitalization" project that's been underway for about a year, has gone full-swing again, tearing up the main street and sidewalks, and almost completely eliminating the one route of access to those businesses hanging on by a thread. It kind of makes sense, but it does mandate delivery out of the downtown core.

One friend with double-storefront consignment shop had to lay off her entire staff. She's catalogued her inventory on Facebook, and is doing free local delivery and pickup. Another friend recently purchased a beer store and tasting room, while waiting on his restaurant to be rebuilt, and has deeply discounted his inventory for pickup only.

Still working. I'm in service information for a large manufacturer doing disassembly and assembly procedures for field techs. Made a move down to the lab in September from working in a cube doing systems operation, test and adjust procedures, and electronics troubleshooting. Before that I built test benches in R&D for transmissions, pumps, electric drive motors, and final drives/differentials. Most everyone in my group is working from home, only people with active projects in the lab are allowed in. Just started a new project March 5th that's slated to last until July. Fingers crossed my employer doesn't make any short sighted decisions.

Vibes to all whose work has slowed or have been let go.