Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Infrastructure operations for a medium sized business support corp. WfH pretty much since I started 4y ago. So far... so good.

R+D for a large gaming company.
    Just got assigned a laptop, they won't allow WFH on source code from personal devices.

Pick up laptop tomorrow.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by nutmegchoi View Post
    I’m not better yet.
    Seems like take couple weeks to start feeling better with this thing.
    I expect to see some improvements maybe this weekend.
    Good to hear. Someone should start a Corona Check in thread in GCentral.

I just got hired to return to the workforce in an hourly job but that's on hold. $23/hr and $0.58 /mile as a census taker door to door. My dream job.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    Good to hear. Someone should start a Corona Check in thread in GCentral.

I just got hired to return to the workforce in an hourly job but that's on hold. $23/hr and $0.58 /mile as a census taker door to door. My dream job.
    Get masks and gloves.
    Sanitize pen if you lend one.
    Don’t touch door knobs.
    Use elbow to ring or knock.
    Last edited by nutmegchoi; 03-25-2020 at 07:52 AM.

Engineer for biomolecular testing company that just today got covid19 panel released. Maintain and improve the manufacturing equipment and processes that make the test kit. Mandatory OT for the forseeable future. Fucking wash your hands so I can get day off dammit!
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Acquiring editor for a midsize book publisher. Been working remote for years. Still going strong on my end even though the main office on the EC is closed till 4/6. The book business is doing pretty well and everybody being stuck at home for awhile sure won't hurt.

My wife on the other hand works for a nonprofit doing events and they have canceled all their upcoming events and pretty much laid her off.

I’m a construction superintendent. My current project is at major international airport in one of the US cities most hit by this thing. Our project is considered “strategic infrastructure” so we are still up and running.

Myself and a few other lead supers are onsite full time. The rest of our staff is 50% onsite 50% at home; or at home full time.

Our skilled labor force is down from like 550 to like 385, dropping more and more every day. Mostly people self quarantining and staying home for childcare.

It’s crazy walking into the hornets nest every day; an airport that normally sees 50,000 passengers a day.... but in the last week or so it might have become one of the safest places to be; It’s empty.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Get masks and gloves.
    Sanitize pan if you lend one.
    Don’t touch door knobs.
    Use elbow to ring or knock.
    Census Gov has called a pause in new employee training. No fingerprinting even. Was gonna get a CC at the same time. I'm hoping to make some $$ when they start online training then get a phone job or quit.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

CFO for a company that designs/builds systems for the large-scale indoor cultivation of high-value crops. Bidness is good right now.

I work from home as it is, so this is no big deal. Our entire company is now doing so, except one guy goes in when there's a delivery scheduled or we need to ship something. One other guy goes to customer sites during installation, but he's now working with them via Zoom until he is comfortable that he's safe flying around and there's hotels and restaurants he can utilize. We don't do any fabrication and I have the supply chain set up so that virtually everything is drop shipped by our vendors. Money transfers are done by wire or ACH.

Along that line, if anybody is interested in a commercial alternative to Zelle or similar funds transfer services, check out Veem https://www.veem.com/

I'm an engineer and have been working at home now since 3/6. Gotta say the VPN is working quite well from my house. Haven't had any problems.

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    large-scale indoor cultivation of high-value crops
    should've waited 28 minutes to post that.

On and off and a little remote support. Meh.
    I saved a little for this type of sht since I normally have highs and lows and owe taxes.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

I'm still working from home.
    I do UI/UX design for a remote control company.
    I had to take a sick day on 16th, but I've been working everyday with COVID-19.
    I do worry about our company's future and I expect abrupt lay off any day.
    I also freelance architectural drawings (site plans, directory maps, floor plans... etc).
    Work's still coming in but not sure how long it'll last consider what it was like back in 2008-2009.
    But I am grateful I still have work to do and pay checks coming in.
    I do worry what'll be like months and years down the road.
    What is it about every app getting a new design every quarter, is that how you people justify your continued existence?

Yeah, I call UI designers "you people." Fight me.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by happytimefunbox View Post
    Engineer for biomolecular testing company that just today got covid19 panel released. Maintain and improve the manufacturing equipment and processes that make the test kit. Mandatory OT for the forseeable future. Fucking wash your hands so I can get day off dammit!
    Public company? Want me to buy some shares for you?

Medical Coder, been working from home now for 8 years.

I'm currently working 2 jobs. (knocks on wood)
    The Sheriff is near!

Physical Chemist / Chemical Engr with a large tech company. Been working from home since 2003, and find my occasional physical time in the main office pretty inefficient by comparison. Our office is essentially shut down & colleagues are trying to figure out WFH when kids and dogs are creating havoc etc. But most of my main coworkers are scattered around the globe so our meetings are going on like usual.

Too early to predict how hard this will hit the company. Ironically this is the year I committed to quitting my tech career and retiring while I’m still the best skier on the mountain. No kids and no debt but my siblings and many close friends are not in the same boat so the looming recession is weighing on my mind.....

Enviro Consultant to Construction projects, residential and commercial.

I need to be in the field but don't need to get close to anyone & drive my own PU truck. I do the office work from home office.

Several projects that were looking iffy for this summer have been pushed to 2021. Everything else is still onward/upward although I could see some delays in starting new building within existing projects. My year was already pretty much booked.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Working, or being paid?

architect
    my partner has work for the next 6wks
    mine evaporated last week & i'm doing marketing i never seem to have time to do

I had to take a sick day on 16th, but I've been working everyday with COVID-19.
    Rock on Meg!

This is really interesting info: thanks for starting the thread.

I'm a general contractor doing small residential work. My employees are all staying home as of yesterday because our clients are old, so we want to try to minimize contact. The guys also live in CA and would prefer to abide by the shelter rule. Clients are understanding for now, but they seem pretty blase about the whole thing and will likely become frustrated with me soon.

My drywall and painter subs are working as normal. I've not heard of anyone else stopping work. I personally have a bunch of shop work to keep me as busy as I like to be (15h/wk) for a while, but will eventually need to actually install all of the cabinets I've been building.

I'm kind of surprised, but prospective clients and jobs in the planning phase seem to be moving as normal. I would have expected people to take a wait and see approach to doing additions etc, and perhaps they will if this drags on for many weeks.

My GF works for a big international non-profit and has been WFH for the last 4 years. Her work continues as normal. She usually travels to Asia/Africa about 5x/yr and to the East coast about as many times, but all of that's on indefinite hold.

Sent from my LG-US998 using TGR Forums mobile app
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

My ladies can't find shit on the street, and they closed my massage parlor, so I guess I have to start handing out cards at the courthouse again. 50% off deal this week!

Wife’s an RN (WOCN) splitting her time between home health and inpatient clinic; she’s on the front line. Many of her at-home patients are high risk, so we’re avoiding all human contact for their safety. I work from home doing bookkeeping for a law firm 1500 miles away, so no real change for me. So far.

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    architect
    my partner has work for the next 6wks
    mine evaporated last week & i'm doing marketing i never seem to have time to do
    Tread lightly on marketing right now.

I'm getting super pissed at every CEO sending me their COVID-19 "we care about you" bullshit emails and hate the DMs from people on Linkedin telling me about all the free shit they have to offer right now to help businesses during these tumultuous times. Fuck off with that.

I've got a job that allows me to work remote at home on a computer without really any difference from being in the office. I feel very fortunate and actually pretty busy at the moment.