Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    It is. I try to push myself to have breakfast before noon.
    And take a shower before dinner
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    It is. I try to push myself to have breakfast before noon.
    And then Covid hit
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    This type of work is supposed to be harder than it sounds...
    it is which is why a lot of guys give up on retirement and go back to work

I been at it for 15 yars
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    And take a shower before dinner
    Thanks for the reminder. Saturday is Shower day.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Thumbs down

After years of working in the CO high country (various jobs) went back to med school at when most would consider “later in life”. Finally supposed to graduate in my mid 30s in May. Residency is out in Seattle. Excited to be moving back west, but more than anything just really wish they would graduate now and let us get on the front lines. I’m far from a sentimental person but do feel like this is my calling and want to be out there fighting this thing. Long story short: very fortunate to have a job in healthcare that will likely always be in demand and necessary. The cross country move will suck, but happy to go serve one of the hard hit areas. Crazy time. Just fortunate as well for loans being held at bay (even prior to covid this is how it was) until paychecks start coming in. Stay safe people, you’re all crushing it.
    Do I detect a lot of anger flowing around this place? Kind of like a pubescent volatility, some angst, a lot of I'm-sixteen-and-angry-at-my-father syndrome?

fuck that noise.

gmen.

still working 7 days a week, do not expect that to change until the pandemic has been slowed, all our vacations cancelled(not that we could go anywhere).

but seems to beat sitting in your living room watching news and reruns all day, so I;m not complaining. at least I get to go out daily.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

Still working. Industrial Chemicals.
    ::.:..::::.::.:.::..::.

Good on ya vpm.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Car industry.

"I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    still workin but not today (fri) as the overtime train derailed and i did 4 10's this week
    bout 4 or 5 years ago we bought a local online bike business to try and diversify from a snow sports 1 trick pony and keep good employees year round
    That season sucked the bike managers really didnt understand the ski side
    We switched to skuvault aka screwvault as we called it at the time and it sucked
    we only had 1 retail store and it was being managed by a dipshit who got ran from rei ,pantagucci and neversummer despite helping jake create the snowboarding industry
    who was into this goofy chalk talk lessons of management
    i wish i still had his team building whats yur spirit animal? duh the gaper one bro
    what incident shaped your life etc. paperwork,
    that i couldnt work for cause if i wanted to do things the rei way id go work there
    so after butting heads till xmass i bailed on retail and worked part time for aj motion sports and fulltime in the warehouse/fullfillment center as I usually work a 2/3 fulfillment 1/3 retail schedule
    that year sucked and I spent a lot of time mimicking bustin caps into your feet when not vocally bitchin
    The og owner who had built the company from his garage sold it at the end of the season for a sizeable sum
    few years after that we combined with 2nd tracks who had 3 retail stores and a great consignment business model
    B and K left and have started another similiar business
    So the dog and i are still working because the powers that be say bikes are an essential transportation/recreation
    more than 1/2 the company of ~ 100 peeps got laid off or hours reduction
    managements working from home stores are by appointment were exploring bike delivery rental and options for people to recreate safely keep the company going
    im pretty sure im still working because im the fulfillment warehouse honeybadger of work, im 5th in seniority now, and worked 60-70 thru or best xmass cyber consumption season we ever had.
    I offered 1/2 my 40 to someone who got laid off but he wanted to collect unemployment instead of part time.
    long term prospects are the dog and I keep showing up being the positive productive force on a team I enjoy being part of as weve always been.
    till we shut down or my personal health care professional makes me stop and go to work full time on her damn this ole 70's house mormon mansion.
    shes been workin at home since early mid march as part of a management team of a large well reguarded non profit health care system
    in her new office in the living room where she now also neighborhood watches keeps the kids off the xeriscapes and tells the long boarders e scooter
    skateboarders to chickity checks yo self fore ya recks yo selfs
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Still selling booze. Plenty of it, in fact.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    still workin but not today (fri) as the overtime train derailed and i did 4 10's this week
    bout 4 or 5 years ago we bought a local online bike business to try and diversify from a snow sports 1 trick pony and keep good employees year round
    That season sucked the bike managers really didnt understand the ski side
    We switched to skuvault aka screwvault as we called it at the time and it sucked
    we only had 1 retail store and it was being managed by a dipshit who got ran from rei ,pantagucci and neversummer despite helping jake create the snowboarding industry
    who was into this goofy chalk talk lessons of management
    i wish i still had his team building whats yur spirit animal? duh the gaper one bro
    what incident shaped your life etc. paperwork,
    that i couldnt work for cause if i wanted to do things the rei way id go work there
    so after butting heads till xmass i bailed on retail and worked part time for aj motion sports and fulltime in the warehouse/fullfillment center as I usually work a 2/3 fulfillment 1/3 retail schedule
    that year sucked and I spent a lot of time mimicking bustin caps into your feet when not vocally bitchin
    The og owner who had built the company from his garage sold it at the end of the season for a sizeable sum
    few years after that we combined with 2nd tracks who had 3 retail stores and a great consignment business model
    B and K left and have started another similiar business
    So the dog and i are still working because the powers that be say bikes are an essential transportation/recreation
    more than 1/2 the company of ~ 100 peeps got laid off or hours reduction
    managements working from home stores are by appointment were exploring bike delivery rental and options for people to recreate safely keep the company going
    im pretty sure im still working because im the fulfillment warehouse honeybadger of work, im 5th in seniority now, and worked 60-70 thru or best xmass cyber consumption season we ever had.
    I offered 1/2 my 40 to someone who got laid off but he wanted to collect unemployment instead of part time.
    long term prospects are the dog and I keep showing up being the positive productive force on a team I enjoy being part of as weve always been.
    till we shut down or my personal health care professional makes me stop and go to work full time on her damn this ole 70's house mormon mansion.
    shes been workin at home since early mid march as part of a management team of a large well reguarded non profit health care system
    in her new office in the living room where she now also neighborhood watches keeps the kids off the xeriscapes and tells the long boarders e scooter
    skateboarders to chickity checks yo self fore ya recks yo selfs
    I helped my 15 yo haul out the skate ramps and put them where he could shoot basketball at the Apex of his tricks. He didn't listen to me when I tried to get him to put on pads or at least long pants and a long shirt. He did put on his helmet. I told him then to remember this day if ended up wrecking and catching the covids in the ER, and then killing his parents because we both have risk factors. I almost got him with talk of Nurse Dad having to clean dirt out of massive pavement rash, but in the end he decided to still risk killing us. Kids. The dog and cat aren't much better.

The last few years were very slow for me, so being busy this year is nice, but I wish it wasn't due to the CV19 virus. Told my daughter that I am busiest when the economy is shitting the bed, which amused her.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

I started a job as a support engineer for microscopy applications last week. Spent two days in office and then I started learning at home by reading the manual and watching youtube videos. Surreal experience, there probably won't even be make-work learning activities for me to do by the end of next week...

Not working here. Furloughed since March 23. Been working in the Obstacle course racing scene. No idea if the company will rebound from this or not. All depends on when large gatherings start to happen again, I guess.

Still working here; two PT jobs as a bookkeeper/financial manager. Working from home at both jobs. Wife is an RN; job security there. Scary watching her go off to the hospital 4 days a week.

Still working from home. Realistically only 60% as we have a 3 and 5 year old. Work in technology for a large multinational, so all my work was already teleconferences. We're on mandatory WFH until May, and the company has been VERY nice about accommodations.

I work part time at the REI in Portland for the pro deals and to get out of the house. Been furloughed from there since mid March. Just got an email there’s an all staff call tomorrow which I’m sure is all of us getting laid off.

I been rolling full time building this house for a guy. Just a couple guys around any given day and we steer clear of each other pretty easy. Wearing a face mask most the time anyway for tile dust, drywall dust etc. My wife is home with the kids and oddly enough I have more money in the bank account at any given moment now because my wife is not out spending it.

She always try to tell me there are bills to pay, that's why we are broke. Now the proof is in the pudding. Thanks Covid.

Over the past few weeks I’ve converted a school lunch program (a really fucking nice one at that) into an online ordering platform with pick up for a week’s worth of meals provided by the school district and bimonthly produce and grocery pick up partnered with the local food bank. Servicing the food insecure families in our district. My job was a part time job during the regular school year, a big part of which was coordinating volunteers who did most of the work. Now I’m working 20% more hours in a job that has no revenues and just costs. So strange to go from business operations focused on staying in the black to a service operation that is completely in the red. It actually was a great mental exercise and has kept me feeling useful in an otherwise strange time. Now if I can just balance home schooling my kid.

^^^This is a very cool service for your district. Propz to you for setting this up.

Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    Not working here. Furloughed since March 23. Been working in the Obstacle course racing scene. No idea if the company will rebound from this or not. All depends on when large gatherings start to happen again, I guess.
    Yo C - Saw this and thought of you. Sad to know that you are shut down

Best to you and your bride

Quote Originally Posted by the propagandist formerly monikered brostoyevski View Post
    Still working (wfh). Travel software. Employer is offering leave with a stipend or reduced pay/workweek options, both optional at this point. Contractors have been let go. 20% or so reduction in project pipeline, 95% decline in new bookings globally (AMER, EMEA, APAC).
    travel industry will take a big hit in all this im sure...people will be pent up though, so maybe silver lining?

WFH is starting to wear on me. It's not so much the setting or missing the office. But missing the division with the two. 60-80hr weeks just aren't sustainable to me.

I work with the child care industry. This is devastating to the industry. Very likely will wipe out a great deal of supply which is going to make it even harder on getting the economy going again if care isn't available (or affordable) for an even larger percentage.