Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

ISO-1st Gen Scarpa Maestrale ski/walk assembly/entire boot

Looking for a beat first generation Scarpa Maestrale for entire toggle style ski/walk mechanism as mine completely jettisoned on my buddy while we were on a tour this weekend. Tried calling Scarpa, but they’re closed due to covid and emailed customer service, but I’m not holding my breath. Skimo.com doesn’t stock them either. Thought I’d try here. Willing to pay for a pair if necessary, but would prefer cheap.
    Thanks.

are you talking about the ones that still had the hinged tongues?
    off your knees Louie

I posted something to this a while back...

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...lk-bail-broken

Good luck, Scarpa finally posted on their site, the replacement mechanism for the ski walk mode pin. I'd have your buddy carry an extra bit of a wire coathanger just in case on future tours IF you get the replacement part from Scarpa.

Good luck getting a hold of ANYONE at Scarpa, they apparently don't want to deal with actual customers, just their licensed retailers. I find it funny that they are now using the Covid-19 excuse to continue their shitty customer support. When I emailed and tried to contact them all I got and still have gotten was crickets.

BFD-yes

mtnjam-yeah, saw your post earlier and was grateful I wasn’t needing anything for my boots, but here I am. Hoping to locate parts boots.

Quote Originally Posted by JDubyu View Post
    BFD-yes

mtnjam-yeah, saw your post earlier and was grateful I wasn’t needing anything for my boots, but here I am. Hoping to locate parts boots.
    Yeah, unfortunately that link to the Scarpa parts page in that thread doesn't exist anymore. Just gives me the 404 finger. WTF Scarpa, get your shit together if you want to continue to provide outdoor gear. I can tell you I won't be looking at Scarpa boots again anytime soon thanks to their shitty CS.

Looks like BFD will be coming through for me on this one, many thanks for your generosity!!

I'll jump on this thread in case anyone with a parts boot shows up. I am looking for a right side tongue for a size 26 in the hinged tongue style boot. I have a several week old unanswered request in to Scarpa. They used to be very responsive so this is new territory for me. Anyhow, I am happy to buy a used right side tongue if anyone is at the point where they are parting boots.

Quote Originally Posted by s1ammy View Post
    I'll jump on this thread in case anyone with a parts boot shows up. I am looking for a right side tongue for a size 26 in the hinged tongue style boot. I have a several week old unanswered request in to Scarpa. They used to be very responsive so this is new territory for me. Anyhow, I am happy to buy a used right side tongue if anyone is at the point where they are parting boots.
    All the more reason for me to avoid Scarpa NA in the future. I'm really not sure what's going on with their customer service. Seems like the boot plastic issue they had a while back with recalls and warranty services tanked their customer service department.

I've got a Size 25 Maestrale RS that I can part out. Or I can send the boot out to whoever and you can part it out from there.

Name:  c95edf41ae8a6714222b364714fef8f8.jpg
Views: 970
Size:  24.0 KB

Thank you. Any chance you can look at the tongue and see if the plastic has molded into it a size range? If it is compatible with my 26.0 I would be happy to receive and handle the part out or just get the tongue from you if you are into doing the dissassembly.

Quote Originally Posted by tnabe View Post
    I've got a Size 25 Maestrale RS that I can part out. Or I can send the boot out to whoever and you can part it out from there.

Name:  c95edf41ae8a6714222b364714fef8f8.jpg
Views: 970
Size:  24.0 KB

s1ammy, If the boots coming from BFD are compatible, I can send one out too.
    I’d also be happy to grab that ski/walk assembly to have in reserve from tnabe if you get his boot as I now understand it’s an issue with these boots.

s1ammy, If the boots coming from BFD are compatible, I can send one out too.I’d also be happy to grab that ski/walk assembly to have in reserve from tnabe if you get his boot as I now understand it’s an issue with these boots.

Thanks man, please keep me posted once you get the donor boot. I'll do the same as I sort things out with tnabe.

Quote Originally Posted by JDubyu View Post
    s1ammy, If the boots coming from BFD are compatible, I can send one out too.I’d also be happy to grab that ski/walk assembly to have in reserve from tnabe if you get his boot as I now understand it’s an issue with these boots.

Will do, through PMs at that point.

The set that JDubyu wound up with is missing the right side tongue. Scarpa are still not even responding to my inquiries. So....I am still on the hunt for size 26-28.0 right side Maestrale RS tongue.

Please let me know if you have one you are able to part with.

Hey s1ammy,

I really dropped the ball on replying to this earlier... lets call it COVID. I've got a set of 2015 Maestrale RS' in a 25.0. I'm not sure if the tongue will fit on yours, but they are all free for you if you just cover this shipping. Or anyone else for that matter. They are just collecting dust in our gear room and I'm sure someone could use the parts.

I've got some photos of them up here. Feel free to shoot me a message if you're still looking for parts.

-Travis.

Travis,

Thanks for reaching out about your boots. Based on the markings on my tongues, I think I need one from a 26-28 boot. Perhaps someone else can make use of these.

-Sam

I probably have a pair of the original Maestrale RS toggle style ski/walk mechanisms in excellent condition if anyone needs them. I never had any issues, but replaced them with the upgraded version mechanism when they were released.

Travis,

Thanks for reaching out about your boots. Based on the markings on my tongues, I think I need one from a 26-28 boot. Perhaps someone else can make use of these.

-Sam
    I've got Gen 1 RS tongues. Size 27.0.

I have some 26.5 shells I could part with, should be identical to the 27 you seek. PM me if interested. Located in Idaho

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by mtnjam View Post
    All the more reason for me to avoid Scarpa NA in the future. I'm really not sure what's going on with their customer service. Seems like the boot plastic issue they had a while back with recalls and warranty services tanked their customer service department.
    Try them again - i needed parts for my Maestrale - got an email response in a few days, parts inside of a week and a half

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    I've got Gen 1 RS tongues. Size 27.0.
    Thank you! Would you be into mailing them to me at 05091?

Quote Originally Posted by mc_roon View Post
    Try them again - i needed parts for my Maestrale - got an email response in a few days, parts inside of a week and a half
    Local shop took care of me and even they had problems contacting Scarpa. Let's just say, that experience has left a blemish for Scarpa purchases in the future. Shitty CS = no business from me.

Thank you! Would you be into mailing them to me at 05091?
    Sure. You want both tongues? And do you need the hinges? I'll try, but I'm not sure I can get the tongues off without just cutting the hinges. Other fasteners I've tried to remove on the boots were pretty uncooperative. Hopefully the screws that attach the hinges are easier.

Edit to add: PM me. I may forget to check this thread.
    Last edited by I've seen black diamonds!; 08-12-2020 at 01:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    Sure. You want both tongues? And do you need the hinges? I'll try, but I'm not sure I can get the tongues off without just cutting the hinges. Other fasteners I've tried to remove on the boots were pretty uncooperative. Hopefully the screws that attach the hinges are easier.

Edit to add: PM me. I may forget to check this thread.
    Excellent, thanks. I only need the right one. If the tongue is riveted on (as mine are) it looks easiest to drill them out. I can sort out a replacement fastener to hold the hinge in place. PM me once you have an idea of how much you need for it and I’ll paypal you, plus send a shipping address.