Page 25 of 70 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    I’ve tested and implemented an open-farting policy.
    If you’re close enough to be bothered, you’re too close.

I blasted a doozy at the grocery store the other day when a pair of head-to-toe-camo bumpkins were crowding me in the aisle. Results were as intended.

Gentlemen, we’ve now entered a golden age, perhaps the singular golden age of public flatulation.
    Now you’re onto something.

Hand shakes are gone and farts are back baby!!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I blasted a doozy at the grocery store the other day when a pair of head-to-toe-camo bumpkins were crowding me in the aisle. Results were as intended.

Gentlemen, we’ve now entered a golden age, perhaps the singular golden age of public flatulation.
    I just wear scrubs that have obviously been on for 14 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by HHTELE View Post
    I just wear scrubs that have obviously been on for 14 hours.
    Any sort of ID badge is a great addition.

That would explain the market being out of beans

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Reports from the local "desert" MTB spot has been. "It's a fucking zoo. Parking totally full at 10am. People parking up and down the sides of the access road."

Don't know how this is gonna last to be honest. Man riding dirt right now would be great, but I don't want to add to the kook clusterfuck if I can help it. Road bikes people. Road bikes.

Agreed. The road/gravel riding has been awesome

Have read you should keep much greater distance following on bike due to vapor trail. Get out, stay healthy

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    Have read you should keep much greater distance following on bike due to vapor trail. Get out, stay healthy
    This is what I saw the other day

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EVBAr2hU0AE9zDd.jpg 
Views:	242 
Size:	44.0 KB 
ID:	324812
    For Sale:

If you're in the Northeast and would like to borrow some Jigarex Plates I have:

Rossi/Look plates
    Salomon Warden 13 plates
    Marker Kingpin Plates

Quote Originally Posted by nyskirat View Post
    This is what I saw the other day

Name:	EVBAr2hU0AE9zDd.jpg 
Views:	242 
Size:	44.0 KB 
ID:	324812
    I'm basically just ignoring this. I just can't live my life worrying about vapor trails from other bikers. Rode 30 miles today, wore a buff but I doubt that did much. Also I'm trying to ride more roads that bike paths so there's that too, usually fewer people.

The Ethics of Outdorr Recreation in Times of COVID-19

^ there’s gonna be vapor trails from other humans in supermarkets etc. I get that heavy cardio you’re breathing heavier, but some people breathe heavy just walking. probably worth being extra careful in places beyond the trail...

Somewhat off topic but worth pointing out that a fat tire bike can do a lot of damage to a groomed xc ski trail if the snow is soft.

Point being just to give greater distances when traveling at speed on a bike

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    Point being just to give greater distances when traveling at speed on a bike
    Now is not the time to draft. Just got off state line, and saw 8 bikers in 2 miles.

At our local trailhead today - pretty much dead center in middle of Oregon

Name:	IMG_0139.jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	1.31 MB 
ID:	324818
    Vehicles from left to right
    Washington plates
    California plates
    Oregon plates
    Washington plates
    Oregon plates
    Oregon plates

At second trailhead (usually empty) there were two vehicles - one from Cali, one from Missouri

Guessing that most of these people are staying at their second homes in the resort community about seven miles west of here.
    Are there not Stay At Home Orders in Cali and WA?
    Is this where your census form will be mailed? Because that's your home...

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Washington plates
    California plates
    Oregon plates
    Washington plates
    Oregon plates
    Oregon plates

At second trailhead (usually empty) there were two vehicles - one from Cali, one from Missouri

Guessing that most of these people are staying at their second homes in the resort community about seven miles west of here.
    I'm guessing...Sunriver?

Washington plates
    California plates
    Oregon plates
    Washington plates
    Oregon plates
    Oregon plates

OK.

1) Do they pay taxes in your state?

2) Are there people in your state that are living in metro areas for perceived benefits at this time (advanced medical care, etc.) instead of staying put in your state?

3) What is the ratio of people to health care capacity/talent/availability in your area vs their area?

4) In some way, are they actually helping keep some small businesses afloat in your area, that would otherwise suffer irrecoverably?

5) Does their being in your state unburden a more overburdened healthcare system in their primary state? Is it possible that their being there has an actual benefit to the overall national healthcare system?

6) Does it actually make any difference at all, or is all the fear of back-country accidents actually a red herring for fear and nimbyism?

7) Why are you at the trailhead?

8) Were they social distancing?

9) And why the fuck are people's plate numbers showing. At least blur that out. Please.

Pardon my alt view brainstorming. Those were a few of the questions that came to mind.

#Stand 6 feet apart and carry on.

Did a cannonball run:

Name:	IMG_2320.JPG 
Views:	149 
Size:	222.1 KB 
ID:	324824
    Did not jump log I often have jumped:

Name:	IMG_2321.JPG 
Views:	149 
Size:	250.0 KB 
ID:	324825
    Kedar approves:

Name:	IMG_2324.JPG 
Views:	147 
Size:	250.9 KB 
ID:	324826
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Some fuctard church left push in signs at 2 public land trailheads yesterday for their Easter service. Probably online, I don't give a shit.

That message is now spread to the other trash in the dumpster.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Washington plates
    California plates
    Oregon plates
    Washington plates
    Oregon plates
    Oregon plates

They mail census forms to every house--primary residence, second home, rental, airbnb, whatever.
    Around Truckee lots of people who move here don't change their registration.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Some fuctard church left push in signs at 2 public land trailheads yesterday for their Easter service. Probably online, I don't give a shit.

That message is now spread to the other trash in the dumpster.
    Colbert was interviewing some other religious guy who pointed out that the apostles were all in hiding at the first Easter.

Quote Originally Posted by f=ma View Post
    I'm guessing...Sunriver?
    Sisters

Sisters
    I thought you were talking BBR. Ray's still have product?

Quote Originally Posted by puregravity View Post
    OK.

1) Do they pay taxes in your state?
    At the most they are paying some property tax. Which does not fund the hospital system or improve the grocery supply chain.

2) Are there people in your state that are living in metro areas for perceived benefits at this time (advanced medical care, etc.) instead of staying put in your state?
    Unlikely that people from the east side of the state are heading to Portland. Nobody here sees a lot of value in the metro area. The Cofeve19 rate is higher there as well.

3) What is the ratio of people to health care capacity/talent/availability in your area vs their area?
    Our three county area has the lowest ratio of hospital beds per capita in the state. Which has one of the lowest ratios in the USA

4) In some way, are they actually helping keep some small businesses afloat in your area, that would otherwise suffer irrecoverably?
    Other than maybe ordering from the restaurants remaining open for takeout only, no. Everything here is closed.

5) Does their being in your state unburden a more overburdened healthcare system in their primary state? Is it possible that their being there has an actual benefit to the overall national healthcare system?
    It overburdens our already meager hospital resources. See above. And cleans out the already limited groceries and supplies. I really don’t give a flying fuck how it is in WA or CA. Not my problem. Unlikely their health insurance covers this region’s system.

6) Does it actually make any difference at all, or is all the fear of back-country accidents actually a red herring for fear and nimbyism?
    If some clown from out of the area brings Cofeve19 with them, it’s a big fucking deal. This is a small (2200 peeps) town with a lot of retirees. We also had a sledneck clown from Arizona get lost two weeks ago, necessitating an SAR fallout.

7) Why are you at the trailhead?
    I rode there from my house - takes six minutes. When I was out there Wednesday I came across three different moms out hiking with toddlers. This is USFS land and is open for use. Oh yea, I’m one of the stewards for this trail system.

8) Were they social distancing?
    Didn’t see them at the trailhead. The people we came across didn’t have a sign on their chests that said “not local”. There was a lady cyclist we came across that had a scarf around her face. Everybody was good at social distancing. If they don’t I say “Be a good neighbor, stay way over there”.

9) And why the fuck are people's plate numbers showing. At least blur that out. Please.
    If it’s such a big deal to you, why did you copy the photo in your reply? Maybe you should spend more time figuring out what happened to the Sea-Sky tram.

Pardon my alt view brainstorming. Those were a few of the questions that came to mind.

#Stand 6 feet apart and carry on.
    There are Stay At Home Orders In WA, OR & CA. I don’t remember seeing exclusions for driving to your vacation house.

Can I come to your house and park my RV in front? Be like this