Page 47 of 70 FirstFirst ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 1748
    Quote Originally Posted by 3PinGrin View Post
    The Spanish flu comment was interesting. As far as I know, every Walmart in the country has stayed open the whole time including in Gunnison County, Colorado. Makes no sense.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Estes pressured RMNP to close so that visitors wouldn’t come and use their lodging and retail.

A simpler solution was there from the start, close your town lodging and retail and all facilities rather than close down a National Park AND screw over Grand Lake which wanted their side to remain open. Estes later did close all their lodging as well anyways, so why did the park need to close?

Of course since Boulder County didn’t close its trailheads, where did all the Estes Park skiers and snowshoers and hikers end up?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    Buster has a distinctive opinion on Gates, take it up with him. In general, I have found wealthy people in general, are assholes. I am sure not everyone is, but as a group, they are. I have always said the biggest obstacle to wealth is ethics. Most of the wealthy people I know don't have much in th way of ethics.

I doubt Gates had much ethics at some points in his career, but it appears he found some, or as Buster seems to think. he his just paying for his past sins. I, honestly, don't know, but if he is paying for them, please keep shoveling that money in that direction. I don't know if St. Peter can be bought, but keep tryin'.
    When did you start believing in St. Peter?

Quote Originally Posted by mall walker View Post
    this interstate RV booty call definitely calls for a trip report
    Name:  drive small.jpg
Views: 1932
Size:  39.3 KB

Name:  fireworks.jpg
Views: 1337
Size:  107.9 KB

Name:  camp small.jpg
Views: 1122
Size:  38.1 KB

Booya! I can tell your grinning from here!

Quote Originally Posted by brutah View Post
    Booya! I can tell your grinning from here!
    You're damn right I am!

Haha. Awesome

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Well done. Haha.

now that’s some thread redemption!!

Meh - needs GoPro footie

Name:  fireworks.jpg
Views: 1337
Size:  107.9 KB
    So, with all that travel and anticipation you shout your load all instantly in one big bang?

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Karen gonna call you out for not following social distancing proto on NextDoor.

Good work, amigo. /golfclap

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    So, with all that travel and anticipation you shout your load all instantly in one big bang?
    Yes, all twenty times.

Just watching the neighbors throw a rather large party last night and then read about how there's been an uptick in new cases.

I wonder what the new normal really is going to be?

death.....

for some, for the economy, amen.

Which is more important... your paycheck or your life?

I tend to get confused about this one.

Can't spend it when you are dead.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

And not much of an economy when all the customers are dead

Quote Originally Posted by Lupolicious View Post

Well if you can’t feed your kids and don’t have somewhere to sleep, I’m pretty sure getting sick becomes a secondary concern.

Kids are over rated, if you are young enough they are replaceable.

...and if AR is reading this I must say it was a tongue in cheek comment since he seem to have difficulty with such a concept.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Well if you can’t feed your kids and don’t have somewhere to sleep, I’m pretty sure getting sick becomes a secondary concern.
    It’s an incredibly sad situation that some of our citizens have to make that choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Lupolicious View Post

I guarantee you that there have already been suicides over loss of paychecks, not to mention affording prescription meds, food, doctor appointments, etc. So for some paycheck = life.

I guarantee you that there have already been suicides over loss of paychecks, not to mention affording prescription meds, food, doctor appointments, etc. So for some paycheck = life.
    Wtf are you talking about? Have you been paying attention to the unemployment payouts? If you can't survive on 52k for a short period of time you're doing something wrong...like living way beyond your means.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Wtf are you talking about? Have you been paying attention to the unemployment payouts? If you can't survive on 52k for a short period of time you're doing something wrong...like living way beyond your means.
    Wtf are you talking about? I have 2 daughters in their 20s out of work, one with serious mental health issues. How financially stable were you in your early 20s? Think outside of yourself much?

In my little world, suicide 2, covid -0.

I don’t have answers, but be there for people who are going through the isolation and job loss.

Wtf are you talking about? I have 2 daughters in their 20s out of work, one with serious mental health issues. How financially stable were you in your early 20s? Think outside of yourself much?
    In theory, the federal UI add-on should bring most people back to near 100% of their normal paycheck.

There are some gaps in that in reality, especially for people in the non-trivial group whose claims haven't been approved yet, and quite possibly for tipped employees. Getting those claims sorted out and convincing the Republicans to extend the added benefit past July is going to be critical for both mental health reasons and economic ones (keeping people's income levels stable even if their jobs aren't back, or aren't at 100% yet, seems critical to preventing the economy as a whole from tanking in a way that makes a recovery much more difficult).

I mean, it would be great if we had most businesses open and operating at close-enough-to-normal levels by the end of July that it wasn't necessary, but the data at this point suggests otherwise.