Page 26 of 70 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nyskirat View Post
    This is what I saw the other day

Attachment 324812
    This graphic could apply to crop-dusting as well.

Quote Originally Posted by klauss View Post
    I thought you were talking BBR. Ray's still have product?
    Barely. I hear they have limited amounts of TP today. BiMart is still out.
    I have a Fred Meyer ClickList pickup in Redmond tomorrow. Six day wait list now.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    They mail census forms to every house--primary residence, second home, rental, airbnb, whatever.
    Around Truckee lots of people who move here don't change their registration.
    Cool, they can fill out the one for their house here...
    In OR you have one year to change registration.

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    There are Stay At Home Orders In WA, OR & CA. I don’t remember seeing exclusions for driving to your vacation house.

Can I come to your house and park my RV in front? Be like this
    Is your house the trailhead?

Your complaining about people using a trail that you are using?

This social justice warrior out of state plate call out bullshit is just lame.

You don’t know shit about anyone who owns those cars. You’re just being over dramatic for the internet.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Stay home and recreate local ie in town not driving hours away

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post

You don’t know shit about anyone who owns those cars. You’re just being over dramatic for the internet.

Read again. I live 6 minutes by bike from the trailhead.
    I’m not complaining about people using the trail. I do a shitload of maintenance on the system so others can enjoy it - even the douchebags that create the washboards because they don’t know how to use their brakes.

I am complaining about people from out of state deciding the Stay At Home orders don’t apply to them because they own a 2nd/3rd/nth dwelling in the area. So they come from an area with a high rate of infection to an area with the lowest per capita concentration of hospital resources in the state. In the last three weeks I haven’t seen an out of state plate at the trailheads, now on a holiday weekend it’s over half of the vehicles. And the two WA vehicles pictured had BBR (the resort community up the road) parking stickers. Gotta be a homeowner to get those. Rocket surgery not required to suss out the situation.

A maggot who lives very near a ski resort in the Puget Sound area told me yesterday that since lift served ceased he’s never seen so many “entitled douchebags” in his hood. And he’s lived in Boulder!

I get it now
    So does MMMSKI

It's not like they drove 1000 miles, went to the trailhead and went home. Their left their hotspot city, drove to someplace rural that's "safer," fondled every goddamn vegetable in the grocery store, then went to the trailhead.

I don't have any problem with people recreating. But stay in your zone.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    It's not like they drove 1000 miles, went to the trailhead and went home. Their left their hotspot city, drove to someplace rural that's "safer," fondled every goddamn vegetable in the grocery store, then went to the trailhead.

I don't have any problem with people recreating. But stay in your zone.

I don’t disagree with these sentiments but to just blanket assume that any vehicle that looks out of place is just escaping a “hot zone” to infect your produce is just some kind of weird NIMBY paranoid internet / media created hysteria.

I don’t disagree with these sentiments but to just blanket assume that any vehicle that looks out of place is just escaping a “hot zone” to infect your produce is just some kind of weird NIMBY paranoid internet / media created hysteria.

It's not really paranoia when there's a pandemic induced mass exodus out of urban areas to the mountains. Last week, every single short term rental in my town was booked and parking lots for ski touring were packed with out of state plates. Mostly people fleeing Seattle. This week, all of the short term rentals got shut down. There seem to be relatively few out of state plates now, which is normal for this time of year.

Posting pics of cars at trailheads is the new "I want to speak to the manager". Anyone who does it should have to have their name legally changed to Karen. Fo realz.

How do you know that out of state plate isn't a traveling nurse who was just transferred to your ER last week, has been working 80 hrs a wk to save your neighbors, and just needed to go for a walk at the local trailhead?

I have 7C plates and currently live in Oregon. Ammon Bundy shook my hand and thanked me for protecting our freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by Single Track View Post
    I have 7C plates and currently live in Oregon. Ammon Bundy shook my hand and thanked me for protecting our freedom.
    Umm.. cool story?

Quote Originally Posted by lifelinksplit View Post
    Umm.. cool story?
    lol yeah... weird flex

Quote Originally Posted by Single Track View Post
    I mean, death is a type of freedom.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Posting pics of cars at trailheads is the new "I want to speak to the manager". Anyone who does it should have to have their name legally changed to Karen. Fo realz.

How do you know that out of state plate isn't a traveling nurse who was just transferred to your ER last week, has been working 80 hrs a wk to save your neighbors, and just needed to go for a walk at the local trailhead?
    Jesus Fucking Christ on a pogo stick, how hard did you have to "think" to come up with that tortured scenario?

This shit ain't hard. Those vehicles had parking stickers showing that they own homes at the Black Butte Ranch resort. Traveling nurses can't afford that neighborhood - they couldn't afford the monthly HOA fees. The closest hospital is 25 miles away, the other 30. There are lots of short term rentals way closer and way cheaper than here.

Keep trying.

Toast, our town hasn't shut down ST rentals yet. Not sure why. Even setting aside the STAY THE FUCK AT HOME order, why someone would want to visit is beyond me - more than half of the restaurants are shut, the remainder only offer takeout. All retail is closed, local golf course is still in winter condition. The local market has soviet-level bare shelves. The MTB system is better 25 miles away (where there's more/cheaper rentals) and the hiking ain't no great shakes with snow still on the ground.

Unless they are fleeing the Covefe, like you saw. But no, that can't be it!

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    I mean, death is a type of freedom.
    So is stupidity

What are 7c plates?
    And why would anyone cite Ammon Bundy to demonstrate how cool they were?

So is stupidity
    Then the Bundy’s are quite free indeed.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

The BgNights of the forum really have y’all on edge! It was just a lame joke making fun of Toast’s county (7C is the license plate prefix for Flathead County) being in Oregon and a Bundy thanking me for it.

Like I said, lame joke.

See ya at mass.

TBS - we don't wanna see any of your sales tax-free plates up here in WA, either!

The reality of the situation is that my neighbors who own vacation homes and still come up every weekend have become the new scourge on the community. They walk their dogs without scooping the poop, they brap their snowmobiles all around the closed ski area, nordic trails and "backcountry" and then they pack-up their rig(s) on Sunday afternoon and head back down to the city to do who-knows-what for the next 5 days. At least right now they can't make any money off of short-term rentals...

One of them had the gall to say she and her family needed to come-up to their cabin to shovel snow and adjust the heat. Lady, it's 2020 and we have smart devices for the latter and it's been OVER SIXTY DEGREES and not freezing at night so the snow management issue is bullshit. Just admit that you don't care about the full-time residents in the community your vacation home is in and let us judge you like the people you really are.

</rant>

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-04-11 at 7.20.14 AM.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	357.7 KB 
ID:	324867
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Dude, you live in a suburb of Seattle/Bellevue. Yes, it's up on the pass, but it's a suburb.

Friendly advice for you all: it is better to remain silent and thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Dude, you live in a suburb of Seattle/Bellevue. Yes, it's up on the pass, but it's a suburb.
    This is a theme we always knew was there, but never knew quite the depth of the “mt locals” and rural entitlement problem.

They rely on metro hospitals for real emergency services but dont support those facilities day to day, year to year

Their economies rely on metro and traveller populationS, but they look down upon them and hate them, and want them out

They rely on state and federal tax dollars to fund the infrastructure that allows good, people, and service in and out but they mostly just look out for themselves when shit hits.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    They rely on state and federal tax dollars to fund the infrastructure that allows good, people, and service in and out but they mostly just look out for themselves when shit hits.
    Do you think any of those tax dollars could possibly come from the tourism generated by the mountain towns themselves? Do you think that the state infrastructure benefits from those tax dollars and is able to build hospitals and better infrastructure because of
    Tourism is one of the strongest economic drivers of Colorado, providing a valuable source of revenue and jobs. In 2016, 82.4 million visitors spent a total of $19.7 billion here, generating $1.2 billion in state and local taxes — an all-time high for the state.

Jesus Fucking Christ on a pogo stick, how hard did you have to "think" to come up with that tortured scenario?

This shit ain't hard. Those vehicles had parking stickers showing that they own homes at the Black Butte Ranch resort. Traveling nurses can't afford that neighborhood - they couldn't afford the monthly HOA fees. The closest hospital is 25 miles away, the other 30. There are lots of short term rentals way closer and way cheaper than here.

Keep trying.

Toast, our town hasn't shut down ST rentals yet. Not sure why. Even setting aside the STAY THE FUCK AT HOME order, why someone would want to visit is beyond me - more than half of the restaurants are shut, the remainder only offer takeout. All retail is closed, local golf course is still in winter condition. The local market has soviet-level bare shelves. The MTB system is better 25 miles away (where there's more/cheaper rentals) and the hiking ain't no great shakes with snow still on the ground.

Unless they are fleeing the Covefe, like you saw. But no, that can't be it!
    OK Karen, tell me this, why do you care how many people are at the trailhead? Why do you care where they are from? Why are you at the trailhead anyway? You can't go out shaming people for doing the same thing you are clearly doing. Live and let live, just stay away from them, and they'll stay away from you.

My MIL was bitching about the family next door coming and staying at their 2nd home. They are from NYC. Who the fuck wouldn't leave NYC right now? They are literally running out of places to put the bodies. What reasonable person who owned a rural home in CO wouldn't take their entire family there and get away from that shit if they could?

I'm all about people staying in their own neighborhood and just trying not to go out into public as much as possible, but you gotta be realistic. Shit like Gunnison is doing, where they are kicking out second homeowners is complete BS in my opinion. They own the property, pay taxes, contribute in some way at least part of the year, they should be able to stay there if they want as long as they aren't bouncing back and forth between homes.