Page 53 of 70 FirstFirst ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 1748
    Quote Originally Posted by cmsummit View Post
    Oh boy. You do realize I tested positive for antibodies and not an active case, right? I haven’t exhibited any symptoms in 7 WEEKS. I’m not a carrier at this point and there’s no chance I would test positive for an active case.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Have you even been tested for active disease? The positive test means you were infected. (The false positive rate of the Abbott test is very low.) Are you still infected? There is no way to know that without a test for the virus. The fact you have no symptoms does not prove you aren't still carrying the virus. It is increasingly clear that the virus can last in the body for a long time--that is fairly new information that probably wasn't available when your doctor said you didn't need a test. Please get tested before you infect someone you love. The odds that that will happen are small, but not zero.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Have you even been tested for active disease? The positive test means you were infected. (The false positive rate of the Abbott test is very low.) Are you still infected? There is no way to know that without a test for the virus. The fact you have no symptoms does not prove you aren't still carrying the virus. It is increasingly clear that the virus can last in the body for a long time. Please get tested before you infect someone you love.
    Thanks for your concern, but I'm going to follow the advice of my primary physician, who indicated that getting tested for an active case after several weeks of being symptom free (over 7 weeks as of today), would be rather pointless.
    Old's Cool.

“Pointless”

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    “Pointless”

"Front Range Douchebag"
    Old's Cool.

One of the many problems with testing, and recommendations of when to test, which test, etc, are changing constantly. New information on this virus, how to treat, how to test, how to trace, is coming out every day. All of those factors have changed in the past 7 weeks, and there is still a massive amount of info that we still don't know. At this point nobody knows if antibodies are even protective, so a positive test may not mean anything. Some of the positive antigen tests from people who have had COVID-19, tested negative then later tested positive are very concerning.

Bottom line, don't consider yourself, or others you may contact 100% safe. Continue practicing good hygiene and social distancing until reliable data says otherwise.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    One of the many problems with testing, and recommendations of when to test, which test, etc, are changing constantly. New information on this virus, how to treat, how to test, how to trace, is coming out every day. All of those factors have changed in the past 7 weeks, and there is still a massive amount of info that we still don't know. At this point nobody knows if antibodies are even protective, so a positive test may not mean anything. Some of the positive antigen tests from people who have had COVID-19, tested negative then later tested positive are very concerning.

Bottom line, don't consider yourself, or others you may contact 100% safe. Continue practicing good hygiene and social distancing until reliable data says otherwise.
    This is all true, and I absolutely wear a mask when I'm out in public.....most places are still requiring it. The 'throws mask on the ground' comment was just a joke. Although, I still highly trust and believe my doctor who has indicated that at this point, I'm not a carrier and he hasn't recommended that I get tested for an active case.
    Old's Cool.

Of course you are making the right decsions because you know best. Nobody was ever convinced they were wrong or that they may possibly maintain a false belief based upon a discussion on the internet. In fact that proves beyond a doubt that I am correct.

The Ethics of Outdorr Recreation in Times of COVID-19

"Front Range Douchebag"
    Pointless to you, the selfish ski town dick head, who made an “essential” trip from Breckenridge all the way to Littleton so he could find out if he’s had it.

When STDH confirms that he has antibodies, he doesnt think “hey I better get tested for the active virus to protect others, just in case”

But rather “yay , I’m free and can go galavanting all around, yay me”

Classic STDH

And I was locked down locally!!

How many times did you come down to the Front Range or outside Summit since mid March?

This is all true, and I absolutely wear a mask when I'm out in public.....most places are still requiring it. The 'throws mask on the ground' comment was just a joke. Although, I still highly trust and believe my doctor who has indicated that at this point, I'm not a carrier and he hasn't recommended that I get tested for an active case.
    Glad you're still wearing a mask. Given the amount of stupidity posted in this thread it's impossible to know when someone is joking and when they're serious.

Pointless to you, the selfish ski town dick head, who made an “essential” trip from Breckenridge all the way to Littleton so he could find out if he’s had it.

When STDH confirms that he has antibodies, he doesnt think “hey I better get tested for the active virus to protect others, just in case”

Classic STDH

How many times did you come down to the Front Range or outside Summit since mid March?

My recent trip down on Friday was the first time I had left Summit since early March and the first time to the Front Range since a concert back in mid-February. I frequently go 6 months (Nov - April) without driving east on I70......no thanks to that shitshow. You've admitted to driving to go skiing (or at least attempted to), so pulling the "non-essential travel" card on my recent trip down to get a COVID antibody test, doesn't work.
    Old's Cool.

Wait, so is non essential travel OK or not?

It wasnt OK for me, but its Ok for you once I’ve done it?

Holy shit you’re a cunt.

What’s a male Karen called?

lol yeah this is becoming kind of a meltdown. deep breaths

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Holy shit you’re a cunt.

You’re too stupid know that I’m not Karening but rather pointing out the ski town Karen hypocrisy?

Seriously, reading comprehension AK Dumbass

Here is the serology test I took...
    https://www.massdevice.com/abbott-to...antibody-test/

I was 99% sure I had it just based on timing (living in a 'hot spot') and strangely unique symptoms I experienced over the course of 2 weeks. The test provided the confirmation I was looking for.
    does anyone have an in or do you need one to get an antibody test? i’d drive to ny to get it done.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

No hypocrisy from me. I stayed the fuck home when told to by my doctor (couldn't even get an active test when it mattered most) and made minimal essential trips after he cleared me from isolation. I'm doing my part here, so you should maybe direct your anger (of which there is an abundance of) toward others who are not.
    Old's Cool.

No hypocrisy from me. I stayed the fuck home when told to by my doctor (couldn't even get an active test when it mattered most) and made minimal essential trips after he cleared me from isolation. I'm doing my part here, so you should maybe focus on others who are not.
    SOrry if you already mentioned it, but what kind of test did you get? Blood, saliva, or the brain-tickler?

^^Blood/serology
    Old's Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Holy shit you’re a cunt.

It is still Karen. Lil bitches.

Classic STDH

I'll be down on the front range tomorrow
    pm for the location so you can swing by and I can kick you in the nuts
    lucky for you we'll be meeting at a hospital and you can walk into the er when I'm done
    sincerly a non mask wearing non quarantening ski town all star

naw, i think we're all in agreement that you're acting irrationally...... just give it up

no one cares that you didn't go skiing or couldn't or whatever......

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    I'll be down on the front range tomorrow
    pm for the location so you can swing by and I can kick you in the nuts
    lucky for you we'll be meeting at a hospital and you can walk into the er when I'm done
    sincerly a non mask wearing non quarantening ski town all star
    You think that there is a chance that you’d walk out of that hospital alive if you attacked me?

Seriously there is fucking around and harsh banter and there is a line you just crossed.

lol this virus has everyone going crazy or what

Uh oh. An internet line was crossed.

Almost like an actual rule around here, one of the very few.

I promise to only savage people in self defense.

Last edited by Kinnikinnick; 05-19-2020 at 05:39 PM.