Page 32 of 70 FirstFirst ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast
    That will be fun to clean up when it comes time to reopen.

Quote Originally Posted by klauss View Post
    Oddly reminds me of the 70s when Venice surfers hit waves in the wreckage of the pier amusement park ruins.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    I can't think of a way to actually dig that out with a machine without beating the shit out of the concrete. Don't know if they thought that one through really.

Dude!

Not the skate park!

Okay I changed my mind. 5G made the coronavirus but also so did china and also our government for mind control and covid 0 through covid 18 was just all the bullshit they tried through chemtrails that didn't work. And jeffry epstein is bill gates' father plus mandatory vaccines something something

.....didn't know they were going to come for the skateparks.........

The parks dept is about to learn about "bmx bikes"
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Here's a walkaround video of the skatepark: https://www.instagram.com/p/B_DYPGVAP9t/

Kids around here would have that cleaned up in an hour. They shovel snow out in some spots most of the winter.

It's a good thing the construction crews are deemed essential. Houses gotta get built, and skateparks gotta get beachy.

hell I see a grownup walk past my house with a shovel and a broom

must be a long time skater cuz I notice he limps
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    I can't think of a way to actually dig that out with a machine without beating the shit out of the concrete. Don't know if they thought that one through really.
    vacuum it out with the trucks they use to clean out sediment traps

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    backpack blower blows the living shit out of sand-over-concrete.
    Quick work with 5 or six doods.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    vacuum it out with the trucks they use to clean out sediment traps
    yup.

suck, blow, skate.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Kids around here would have that cleaned up in an hour. They shovel snow out in some spots most of the winter.
    Truth. Kids are bored as hell these days and are hungry to rebel and with more justification than ever before. Teens in my neighborhood are finally starting to blow off the whole social distancing thing and been hanging out again and having airsoft wars. So I gave 'em all my old ammo, CO2 cartridges and old fireworks for good measure. What the hell. Let them have fun or we're going to be dealing with a whole lot more societal problems down the line than COVID. You thought depression and anxiety issues were bad BEFORE?! Nothing compared to what the younger generation's feeling right now. Talking to the kids nextdoor, they've about had it. Can't blame 'em.

During all this nonsense, we really can't neglect mental health.

Personally, I think they need to leave skate parks and outdoor recreation open. What's the WORST thing you can do for your immune system?! Hole up inside and "shelter in place"! That's one of the big reasons that flu/cold is such a big deal during winter. Because people are hibernating, suffering from a lack of Vitamin D, eating like crap, and not getting enough exercise. Telling people not to recreate (ESPECIALLY the youth), is going to have secondary/tertiary effects that go well beyond COVID.

I feel really bad for kids today. They're getting a solid chunk of their youth robbed from them. Can't skate? No prom? No sports? No hanging out? "GFY" is what they're starting to say. Rightfully so perhaps.

Feel bad for the kids today? Ok, it sucks to miss your Sr. Prom or some such s#%t, you can’t get that back. Stinks that my HS Junior has to suffer through messed up AP exams in his crucial year before college apps. Sucks even worse that my daughter’s college graduation was cancelled. So sure, feel a little bad. However, can I be the only one that thinks some adversity and sacrifice might actually strengthen a good number of the kids of today? Yes, I have kids, and while nobody wants to see this crisis, living through it will make them stronger people.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    Truth. Kids are bored as hell these days and are hungry to rebel and with more justification than ever before. Teens in my neighborhood are finally starting to blow off the whole social distancing thing and been hanging out again and having airsoft wars. So I gave 'em all my old ammo, CO2 cartridges and old fireworks for good measure. What the hell. Let them have fun or we're going to be dealing with a whole lot more societal problems down the line than COVID. You thought depression and anxiety issues were bad BEFORE?! Nothing compared to what the younger generation's feeling right now. Talking to the kids nextdoor, they've about had it. Can't blame 'em.

During all this nonsense, we really can't neglect mental health.

Personally, I think they need to leave skate parks and outdoor recreation open. What's the WORST thing you can do for your immune system?! Hole up inside and "shelter in place"! That's one of the big reasons that flu/cold is such a big deal during winter. Because people are hibernating, suffering from a lack of Vitamin D, eating like crap, and not getting enough exercise. Telling people not to recreate (ESPECIALLY the youth), is going to have secondary/tertiary effects that go well beyond COVID.

I feel really bad for kids today. They're getting a solid chunk of their youth robbed from them. Can't skate? No prom? No sports? No hanging out? "GFY" is what they're starting to say. Rightfully so perhaps.
    Skating/Prom/Sports are still going to happen. Things are being delayed. There's a difference, and they need to understand this. Personally, my kids are doing okay with this, and if anything it's making us all appreciate the days of being able to go out and do shit WAY more. In today's world of limitless entertainment at home, amazon delivery, and unlimited food options there's no reason whatsoever for a "GFY" attitude. Especially a month in to this. A month is nothing! I get that it's 2020 and we all need to be super sensitive about mental health and all that, but seriously until all options of phone/video counselling, doctors visits, etc are exhausted then everyone just needs to suck it the fuck up. I realize I have no idea what I'm talking about here, and might even be being an asshole and for that I'm sorry. Nobody is having fun, this sucks for everyone.

Feel bad for the old people who die from this shit who don't get to see their grandkids' graduation/prom/sports. They are the ones being robbed.

Yeah, cry me a fucking river, 17 year olds were enlisting to go off and die in 1942.

Whah fucking whah.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    Skating/Prom/Sports are still going to happen. Things are being delayed. There's a difference, and they need to understand this. Personally, my kids are doing okay with this, and if anything it's making us all appreciate the days of being able to go out and do shit WAY more. In today's world of limitless entertainment at home, amazon delivery, and unlimited food options there's no reason whatsoever for a "GFY" attitude. Especially a month in to this. A month is nothing! I get that it's 2020 and we all need to be super sensitive about mental health and all that, but seriously until all options of phone/video counselling, doctors visits, etc are exhausted then everyone just needs to suck it the fuck up. I realize I have no idea what I'm talking about here, and might even be being an asshole and for that I'm sorry. Nobody is having fun, this sucks for everyone.

Feel bad for the old people who die from this shit who don't get to see their grandkids' graduation/prom/sports. They are the ones being robbed.
    True, true. All true. At the same time I may be getting older but I'm not SO old that I've forgotten about what it was like to be an angsty teen in the 90s who gravitated a bit toward the punk rock/skater scenes. Dabbled a bit with the metal and goth kids too. Anyway, just looking at through THAT lens, I can't help but understand if they were to start rebelling and go skate or get together despite what the authorities have to say. That rebellious spirit that kids have always had is still there but has been subdued this last decade or so thanks to smartphones and social media, but I have a feeling we're going to see a comeback. I'm now seeing kids start to get bored with their phones and are now CRAVING real life social interaction like I've never seen them before.

If we're on lock down for much longer, I can even see a modern type of "speakeasy" happening. But where it's really just about hanging out, partying, and enjoying live music. You know, the bar scene. Haha.

I was grounded for longer than this when I was a kid, AND had to go to summer school.

I got three teen boys (15, 17, 18) and they're handling this all with quite a bit of maturity. Of course, playing video games with their friends helps a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Yeah, cry me a fucking river, 17 year olds were enlisting to go off and die in 1942.

Whah fucking whah.
    Yeah, I know. Zero comparison, but what did YOU experience in your youth that remotely compares to what kids are going through today? It's a weird, odd time. For ALL of us, but it's gotta be especially bizarre for kids to go through.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    I got three teen boys (15, 17, 18) and they're handling this all with quite a bit of maturity. Of course, playing video games with their friends helps a lot.
    Great for them! Sounds you like have some good kids. Now I wonder how well they'd be taking it all if they were (theoretically) living with a shitty home life. If they had alcoholic or druggie, abusive parents, or some other drama going on at home. That's a LOT of kids out there sadly. They ain't gonna be hanging out on lockdown forever.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    Yeah, I know. Zero comparison, but what did YOU experience in your youth that remotely compares to what kids are going through today? It's a weird, odd time. For ALL of us, but it's gotta be especially bizarre for kids to go through.
    The specter of being drafted and sent to Indochina.

And FWIW I was a spoiled and ungrateful little prick.

From where I sit most kids today could use a little bit of hardship and some sacrifice.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

I don't feel bad for anyone really. Does that make me a sociopath? We as humans should have something that can take us down. All creatures do.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    <snip>
    From where I sit most kids today could use a little bit of hardship and some sacrifice.
    Agreed - I think a mandatory 2-year stint in the military/public service out of high school would be a good idea for ALL kids.

How are the kids always the ones that are fucked up yet the 30 to 50 year olds are convinced they have it dialed? And dont even get me started on the old fucks that continually lead us into this shit.