Page 8 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
Results 176 to 200 of 1420
  1. #176
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Down In A Hole, Up in the Sky
    Posts
    27,241
    Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Can you point to anything that says ID and UT won't take any WY patients?

    And we all understand that no state borders are closed right? Are there state police closing borders anywhere in this country?

    edit: not being snarky, just legit would like to see a source.
    This is from one of our most prominent surgeons, I trust it. Nothing official yet.

    “ Reposting from Heidi Jost. Thank you for being at the front lines and helping to make our community i safe Heidi.
    People of Teton County...this is serious. We are now at 12 cases in Teton County and 17 in Fremont County, but we have not heard of the 400 other sick people that haven’t been tested, or the 200 others who are on self-quarantine in Fremont County, because they've had a known exposure.
    Our town was just informed that we cannot rely on our bordering states of UT and ID for medical back up. EIRMC and The University of Utah have made it clear that unless there are extenuating circumstances, they will not be overflow for our small community hospital when it gets overloaded. They are preparing for the worst themselves. Own town is on its own.
    Our area in WY at its current status is making its way to the top of the list for our country per capita. If we are on our own without UT or ID for our medical care, we are up the creek without a paddle. Please tighten up your casual behavior with regards to social distancing. Please stop crowding. I know we are all feeling quarantine fatigue, and want to be reassured that what we are all doing is effective. Please sit tight, it is too early to know. ”
    Forum Cross Pollinator

  2. #177
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    73
    Holy shit Batman. The amount of social shaming for going skiing has grown exponentially overnight. So sorry my little snowflakes in all the urban areas Iíd have never decided to live in that you donít get to go travel 4 hrs each way to go to your beloved mountains and play.

  3. #178
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    SLC
    Posts
    5,220
    Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    We built a society where everyone has to watch out for themselves and thereís no safety net. We did this. To ourselves. We shot this one into our own goal. You canít go overnight from generations of ďif you go broke youíre completely ratfuckedĒ to insisting people choose to go broke for some nebulous collective good, or passing up a chance to take your customers money and shut down.. people donít work that way. Itís not going to work that way. We have a president who proudly shafted thousands of contractors...we did this. Own goal.
    extremely well said

  4. #179
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Behind the Potato Curtain
    Posts
    3,492
    Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Our town was just informed that we cannot rely on our bordering states of UT and ID for medical back up. EIRMC and The University of Utah have made it clear that unless there are extenuating circumstances,
    This is a huge deal.

  5. #180
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Golden BC
    Posts
    3,735
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    To be clear, I'm not against closures as a response to overcrowding since they seem to be necessary. What I'm against is us against them. If it needs to be closed, close it to everyone.
    The local vs 2nd homer is the big thing here. Lots of people demonizing red plates ( Alberta) which is where any hoard of tourists and 2nd homers coming to sit out the TP end of days would come from. People sharing that TGR art about small resort towns asking people not to come and visit . FB posts about red platers come in to stock up on food and TP before holing up in their cabin for the duration. FB posts telling them we have no medical capacity and no food to share etc.

    Well the tourists didn't happen at all. And only to a very limited extent did red platers come to their cabin at hill or elsewhere. Overall I would say there has been a slight population drop from seasonal people and workers going home. And the red plate shamming didn't work out to well as it was pointed out that lots of locals have red plates as they work in AB. It seems that the ones who were really reacting to the outsider threat were mentally unstable ( I don't mean you BC as you I think had the best intentions and took down posts). The one lady at hill I have heard is a nut job. This kind of stress is going to be too much for some people.
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

    Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

  6. #181
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sandy
    Posts
    1,907
    Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    This is a huge deal.
    Umm yeah I agree.

    Also, my wife works at the largest children's hospital in the area and said they are starting to see an increase in trauma from bike riding,etc since all the kids are out of school. They are very worried about overloading and they may even fill these beds with adult COVID patients if things get bad enough.

    Please make sure your kids are being safe and wearing helmets.

  7. #182
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    truckee
    Posts
    12,735
    Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    This is from one of our most prominent surgeons, I trust it. Nothing official yet.

    “ Reposting from Heidi Jost. Thank you for being at the front lines and helping to make our community i safe Heidi.
    People of Teton County...this is serious. We are now at 12 cases in Teton County and 17 in Fremont County, but we have not heard of the 400 other sick people that haven’t been tested, or the 200 others who are on self-quarantine in Fremont County, because they've had a known exposure.
    Our town was just informed that we cannot rely on our bordering states of UT and ID for medical back up. EIRMC and The University of Utah have made it clear that unless there are extenuating circumstances, they will not be overflow for our small community hospital when it gets overloaded. They are preparing for the worst themselves. Own town is on its own.
    Our area in WY at its current status is making its way to the top of the list for our country per capita. If we are on our own without UT or ID for our medical care, we are up the creek without a paddle. Please tighten up your casual behavior with regards to social distancing. Please stop crowding. I know we are all feeling quarantine fatigue, and want to be reassured that what we are all doing is effective. Please sit tight, it is too early to know. ”
    Hopefully this is talk to encourage small hospitals to do what they can to expand capacity. (Lots of retired docs in ski towns, not so many retired nurses.) Ordinarily the small rural hospitals assume they will be able to transfer bad cases of anything to bigger regional hospitals. Sounds to me that what is being said is that they anticipate the regional hospitals will be overfull and unable to accept transfers so you better figure out how to care for people locally. I very much doubt that when the shit hits the fan a hospital that has space will refuse a patient from another state that has no space. Hope I'm right; if a hospital was to refuse a transfer because they're from another state they would be in serious trouble with the feds (CMS--Centers for Medicare and Medicaid) These "state" hospitals are funded in large part by federal dollars--some fraction of a penny of my tax dollars goes to the UofU hospital.

  8. #183
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Posts
    11,527
    Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    It was a guy I normally really like. I fixed his broken down van in the middle of the night a few weeks ago. He just doesnít get it.
    Theyíre just living in insular rural trailer park headspace. Itís just the flu. Theyíre #yoopertough. Iím a whiner. Lighten up. This ainít China, it aint New York.
    git me an email and ill send him


    What should I put on the subject line
    free beer eh?
    clueless dirty frog flava psa ?
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    Yo poliassfuckers
    theres a special basement for your lame shit

  9. #184
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Before
    Posts
    21,578
    Good old Royal Crescent Mob:

    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

  10. #185
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    northern BC
    Posts
    20,097
    besides getting into a situation out there they are telling us to stay home and self isolate but here is an artical on what happens when shit goes sideways in the BC ... dozens of people exposed

    https://www.outsideonline.com/241109...XMR7QUxk#close
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

  11. #186
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Ogden
    Posts
    5,971
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Hopefully this is talk to encourage small hospitals to do what they can to expand capacity. (Lots of retired docs in ski towns, not so many retired nurses.) Ordinarily the small rural hospitals assume they will be able to transfer bad cases of anything to bigger regional hospitals. Sounds to me that what is being said is that they anticipate the regional hospitals will be overfull and unable to accept transfers so you better figure out how to care for people locally. I very much doubt that when the shit hits the fan a hospital that has space will refuse a patient from another state that has no space. Hope I'm right; if a hospital was to refuse a transfer because they're from another state they would be in serious trouble with the feds (CMS--Centers for Medicare and Medicaid) These "state" hospitals are funded in large part by federal dollars--some fraction of a penny of my tax dollars goes to the UofU hospital.
    I agree with this. I can definitely see hospital ED's go on divert based on beds, but I don't think what state the patient is coming from will influence that. Triage based on geographical region is a huge problem.

  12. #187
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Behind the Potato Curtain
    Posts
    3,492
    Looks like they've back tracked. https://buckrail.com/an-update-from-...-paul-beaupre/

    I work PRN for a small but capable WY hospital. The biggest issue isn't beds or equipment etc. It's that a GP internest and ER doc have no clue how to manage an ARDS patient long term and its in their best interest to get them to a higher level of care.

  13. #188
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    truckee
    Posts
    12,735
    When I was a resident at UC Davis we often closed to ambulances or declined transfers from other Sacramento hospitals due to low available beds but never declined the transfers from the small foothill and mountain hospitals. Of course these are desperate times.

  14. #189
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    OOTAH
    Posts
    2,667
    Our dilemma kind of falls in this thread and kind of falls in several of the other threads. We live half the year in a small Colorado mountain town and the other half of the year in a small Idaho river town. With my wife's campus going to online only and even more important we had arranged to rent out Colorado house out for the summer the plan was to hit the road and set up quarantine in the river digs
    I know 3rd world problems right? We work hard for our money and are blessed to have made decisions that worked out in our favor to put us in this position.
    If we had cancelled our rental arrangement we would have left a family that desperately needed housing high and dry in a town that doesn't have a whole lot of rentals available. If we didn't cancel we ignored the no travel and lockdowns of 3 states to get to Idaho.
    Well I am typing this from the pad in Idaho and determining if taking the boat out every day qualifies as outdoor recreation and maintaining social distancing, my answer to self is - yes it does. So obviously we chose to drive here. I can say we had zero social interaction, stopping only for gas (pay at the pump) and ate our lunch we packed on the side of the road in outside of Farson, Wyoming (middle of nowhere)
    The other question is when I get to the take out am I going to find my tires slashed because my vehicle has out of state plates (wouldn't be the first time)?
    I guess the moral of this long rambling post is if you see me with my Colorado plates in Idaho I would hope you wave instead of flipping me off. Oh, and I will be on the river until they tell me I cant, I will ride my bike around the valley (very mellow) until they tell me I cant.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

  15. #190
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Posts
    11,527
    I wouldn't call it middle of nowhere
    rock springs and lander kinda matter
    im donning the usac hat and if they close the ramps im dragging the raft or sup in

    I scoped out the bear river in the reffuge yesterday at this flow I can put in at the Duckworth ramp and back row
    how far for how long till the guns run outta ammo
    idk roos is givin hudge bonus points for
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    Yo poliassfuckers
    theres a special basement for your lame shit

  16. #191
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    truckee
    Posts
    12,735
    Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    Our dilemma kind of falls in this thread and kind of falls in several of the other threads. We live half the year in a small Colorado mountain town and the other half of the year in a small Idaho river town. With my wife's campus going to online only and even more important we had arranged to rent out Colorado house out for the summer the plan was to hit the road and set up quarantine in the river digs
    I know 3rd world problems right? We work hard for our money and are blessed to have made decisions that worked out in our favor to put us in this position.
    If we had cancelled our rental arrangement we would have left a family that desperately needed housing high and dry in a town that doesn't have a whole lot of rentals available. If we didn't cancel we ignored the no travel and lockdowns of 3 states to get to Idaho.
    Well I am typing this from the pad in Idaho and determining if taking the boat out every day qualifies as outdoor recreation and maintaining social distancing, my answer to self is - yes it does. So obviously we chose to drive here. I can say we had zero social interaction, stopping only for gas (pay at the pump) and ate our lunch we packed on the side of the road in outside of Farson, Wyoming (middle of nowhere)
    The other question is when I get to the take out am I going to find my tires slashed because my vehicle has out of state plates (wouldn't be the first time)?
    I guess the moral of this long rambling post is if you see me with my Colorado plates in Idaho I would hope you wave instead of flipping me off. Oh, and I will be on the river until they tell me I cant, I will ride my bike around the valley (very mellow) until they tell me I cant.
    There's a guy from Idaho down the street staying at his mom's for the winter. Let me know if your tires get slashed and I'll retaliate.

  17. #192
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    OOTAH
    Posts
    2,667
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    There's a guy from Idaho down the street staying at his mom's for the winter. Let me know if your tires get slashed and I'll retaliate.
    Perfect! I feel better about this already.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

  18. #193
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Down on Electric Avenue
    Posts
    1,776
    Farson is a metropolis compared to Eden though, amirite?

    I whistled out the car window at the same horse in the same pasture for years on the south side of Farson.
    A beautiful flea-bitten grey who'd toss his head at the sound.

    Nothing has changed there for decades...

  19. #194
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    base of the Bush
    Posts
    12,162
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    There's a guy from Idaho down the street staying at his mom's for the winter. Let me know if your tires get slashed and I'll retaliate.
    Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    Perfect! I feel better about this already.
    I laughed picturing an old goat stabbing a tire.
    www.apriliaforum.com

    "If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

    "I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

  20. #195
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Driggs
    Posts
    277
    Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    Our dilemma kind of falls in this thread and kind of falls in several of the other threads. We live half the year in a small Colorado mountain town and the other half of the year in a small Idaho river town. With my wife's campus going to online only and even more important we had arranged to rent out Colorado house out for the summer the plan was to hit the road and set up quarantine in the river digs
    I know 3rd world problems right? We work hard for our money and are blessed to have made decisions that worked out in our favor to put us in this position.
    If we had cancelled our rental arrangement we would have left a family that desperately needed housing high and dry in a town that doesn't have a whole lot of rentals available. If we didn't cancel we ignored the no travel and lockdowns of 3 states to get to Idaho.
    Well I am typing this from the pad in Idaho and determining if taking the boat out every day qualifies as outdoor recreation and maintaining social distancing, my answer to self is - yes it does. So obviously we chose to drive here. I can say we had zero social interaction, stopping only for gas (pay at the pump) and ate our lunch we packed on the side of the road in outside of Farson, Wyoming (middle of nowhere)
    The other question is when I get to the take out am I going to find my tires slashed because my vehicle has out of state plates (wouldn't be the first time)?
    I guess the moral of this long rambling post is if you see me with my Colorado plates in Idaho I would hope you wave instead of flipping me off. Oh, and I will be on the river until they tell me I cant, I will ride my bike around the valley (very mellow) until they tell me I cant.
    When the Teton settles down come on over and will do a drift

  21. #196
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    OOTAH
    Posts
    2,667
    Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Farson is a metropolis compared to Eden though, amirite?

    I whistled out the car window at the same horse in the same pasture for years on the south side of Farson.
    A beautiful flea-bitten grey who'd toss his head at the sound.

    Nothing has changed there for decades...
    Yep, I bet I even know the owner of said horse. My dad was on the Wyoming Cattle Growers Board of Directors with several of them crusty old bastards. Nothing there does change, although the ice cream shop was closed up when I rolled through there yesterday.

    Yabum, I will gladly take you up on that. Same invitation holds on the South Fork we are out almost every day.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

  22. #197
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    150
    The kid (15 yo) next door, nice kid, just got together with three of friends to go for a MTB ride. Gathered outside not much social distancing and took off as a group. I am in a shelter-in place state, in an urban setting. Cool or not cool?

  23. #198
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    truckee
    Posts
    12,735
    Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    I laughed picturing an old goat stabbing a tire.
    Head butting. I have horns you know.

  24. #199
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,488

  25. #200
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    SLC
    Posts
    5,220
    been worrying about this as well

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •