Page 63 of 70 FirstFirst ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 1748
    Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Not only a whole lot of morons but with the media being so much a mix of standard mainstream fear mongering and "social" conspiracy theories no one seems to know who to trust.

Regular people need to be spoon fed information in order to be aware of actual issues . The (insert boogyman here) figured out to contol the masses by bombarding people with information and advertisements 24/7/365. With "entertainment" people will just consume and barely think as their brains turn to mush. I doubt they knew it would get this bad, I don't think they had evil intentions, they just wanted to make it easier for people to be happy little cows. Oops.
    Good thing for us you have it all figured out.

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    I bet that post election, Covid isn't as big a deal as it is now, regardless of who wins.
    No. In the first place, people will still be dying in exponentially increasing numbers. In the second place, within a few months of inauguration Biden will own the pandemic and Republicans will be criticizing him for not doing enough to stop it while at the same time Republican governors will be defying any measures he might try to take.

On the subject of masks and hiking, I've been avoiding the busier trailhead around here because my dog is easier to manage when there aren't other dogs around. Given a crappy weather forecast yesterday, I decided to go ahead with one of the longer, more popular hikes (third-highest peak in the state, and it's on the AT). So not outside-of-Seattle busy, but expecting to encounter some other hikers.

I brought a face covering, but I didn't wear it, assuming that I'd be able to step to the side enough (the dog, while small, can be excessively friendly to people and some dogs, so I try to have some space to begin with).

Having read the recent discussion here, I paid a little more attention to whether or not I was truly getting six-plus feet, and I'll admit that in several cases, it ended up being a rather small value of six. However, I didn't see anyone else with a mask on or in a ready position, either, so it would appear the local hiking community feels that the space on the trail is sufficient risk mitigation.

I did also pick up a pair of backpackers trying to hitch to town. Normally, I wouldn't have even thought twice, but this time I drove by and then turned around to tell them I wasn't willing to put them in the cab, but I'd happily give them a ride on the truck bed. They accepted, and I realized that through hiking has got to be extra complicated this year--I'm sure there are fewer shuttle services running, and I can't be the only one that would normally give hikers a ride but who isn't about to invite them into a shared air space right now.

Sent from my SM-G892A using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    I recall a lot of people betting that covid would go away once summer was here. How is that bet looking now?
    I don't recall anyone other than Benny insinuating that, and he's always wrong.
    Live Free or Die

I don't recall anyone other than Benny insinuating that, and he's always wrong.
    It is impossible that conservative spheres weren't blasting this out due to the numerous mentions of this theory from my boomer family through May.

https://thehill.com/changing-america...ll-coronavirus
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

I bet that post election, Covid isn't as big a deal as it is now, regardless of who wins.
    In a lot of countries and especially America it will be even more out of control in the 3rd & 4th quarter, if trump manages to win it will be same old response (no response) and if its Biden he will have inherited a real mess

your problem is you just don't see enough dead people
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post

your problem is you just don't see enough dead people
    That is how they downplayed the Iraq and Afghanistan wars. Don't show dead people. Show drone videos and keep stats simple.

They learned the hard way in Vietnam coverage that the public doesn't like actual deaths at the dinner table.

There are zero hospitalizations in my community for Covid currently. For the record, that is not a problem.

Meanwhile you cheerleaders continue to try and make political hay out of something that really shouldn't be in the first place.
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by anotherVTskibum View Post
    -I'm sure there are fewer shuttle services running,]
    this time of year I make business cards, buy 2 cases of craft brew ( my entire advertising budget ) and drop one each at the 2 fishing stores, last saturday i went in and told them I didnt wana drive trucks for people from germany/ spain/ America so I won't be doing any shuttles ergo ... don't give my name out

they told me the steelhead fishing industry is down the tubes anyway but thanx for the heads up, a lot of people who depended on fishing & hunting won't have those jobs this fall

There are zero hospitalizations in my community for Covid currently. For the record, that is not a problem.

Meanwhile you cheerleaders continue to try and make political hay out of something that really shouldn't be in the first place.
    So 135k dead is no big deal because it's not in your community? ok

According to the stats USA does not have Covid anywhere near under control so it is still affecting everything and btw you are stuck in America

Please ML, you know damn well I was responding to XXX, who claims it is a problem for me to not have more death in my community, which is a fucked up thing to say.

But keep up the political whataboutism. You guys making a non-political problem into something political only slows down recovery. For the record, Trump and conservatives are doing it also and that also sucks.

Which is why once the election happens, and there are no more political points to score, we can get down to the business of finding solutions. This should have already happened, but you guys sure are doing a good job of proving why it hasn't.
    Live Free or Die

FWIW, me and the family went on an overnight backpack to Goat Lake off the Mountain Loop Highway on Saturday. This is definitely one of those "just outside of Seattle" trails. Yes, it was a shit show of crowds on Saturday, mostly with day hikers, but probably 90+% (including us) had masks or buffs to quickly pull on when passing by people so I never really got the feeling that the trip was a bad idea. Sunday was cold and drippy so the way back down was much less crowded.
    "Great barbecue makes you want to slap your granny up the side of her head." - Southern Saying

Please ML, you know damn well I was responding to XXX, who claims it is a problem for me to not have more death in my community, which is a fucked up thing to say.
    That wasn't the point he was trying to make.

You say this isn't a big deal and is only being made so because of a November election, and note how there are zero cases in your local community. XXX was suggesting that you only have this viewpoint because your immediate social bubble hasn't seen any impact. He isn't hoping for deaths at all, that would be crazy.

Not sure how this whole pandemic is a political thing though - you do know the entire rest of the world is struggling with this stupid virus, right? I don't think you seriously believe the entire planet is just playing this up to influence a US election in November, because that would be preposterous.

Not sure how this hasn't turned into a political thing? Really?
    Live Free or Die

i didnt say its a problem for you to not have more deaths in your community,

I said because you don't see them dying, in your opinion there isn't a problem

you are American so you have 130K plus dead but you havent seen any of them,

mexicans don't want to see you, Canadians don't want to see you, you can't leave America in your beloved automobile

but you don't have a problem

Stop being obtuse. The pandemic itself overreaches the political spin that is placed on it.

it is political only because the ineptitude of the president knows no bounds and as you agree he has made it that way. I don't know how long you and XXX have been arguing about this because I just waded into this cesspool again, but cases are going nuts and the second wave has long been predicted to be even worse (3rd and 4th quarters).

The hazy leadership has made the USA's response the worst in the world, which is why it is so glaring. Is there a non-political response to why cases per 100k is so bad in the USA with military intelligence last year that this would hit us? I think it's a little late to blame the missteps of the WHO.

If Trump wanted to put the focus on solutions instead of politics the administration would (at the very least) encourage governors to issue mask orders for indoor public spaces so we wouldn't have to see Kevin fighting with grandma on Twitter for threatening him.

Then everyone, including right wing store owners, would have cover because 'the president said it was a good idea'. Instead we get to have constitutional arguments and 'play politics' while this thing floats around virtually unchecked.

I am doing my part to wear a mask even outside, but people of certain persuasions in the states will refuse to see this an act of kindness to them (and not self protection) until the president can discuss it in those terms. That would be leadership, but being considerate to others and forward thinking (but but i shut down flights from china!) are not strong traits with 45.

Where exactly do we disagree? That it sucks to wear a mask? It does suck, especially on the muggy and sweltering east coast.

Coles notes:

buddy seems to think America does not have a problem and its all political

I would offer its cuz he has not seen enough covid dead, I know I personally I have not even seen one but i believe the pro's telling me there are a whole bunch of dead people

maybe if netflix did a " Night of the Covid Dead " with zombies lumbering stiff limbed down small town main street USA trailing a ventilation tube ... Covid would have a whole different spin

Cuz it was my idea ^^ I at least want the merch

you can't leave America in your beloved automobile
    Versus all of the countries you can drive to?

mexico , them murders thieves and rapists don't want you

and canada well that place is even worse

OTOH you could just load it in a container and ship it anywhere

mexico , them murders thieves and rapists don't want you

and canada well that place is even worse

OTOH you could just load it in a container and ship it anywhere
    Yup you can ship it many places, but only a few (mostly in Caribbean) will let you fly there and drive it...
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/07/t...ronavirus.html

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    it is political only because the president chose to go that route instead of simply declaring a public health emergency
    full stop

I met a American illegally recreating

So I asked buddy were he was going and we figured it out pretty quick he didnt know the rules so I pointed out that he should be driving straight for the lower 48, he should not be leaving his truck, there are 1-888 numbers to turn in offenders and BTW everybody in town has already made you ... he is now on the road to Vermont

What are the kanji characters for Karen Frog?

I met a American illegally recreating

So I asked buddy were he was going and we figured it out pretty quick he didnt know the rules so I pointed out that he should be driving straight for the lower 48, he should not be leaving his truck, there are 1-888 numbers to turn in offenders and BTW everybody in town has already made you ... he is now on the road to Vermont
    What would you do if he was illegally procreating?