Page 57 of 70 FirstFirst ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,425 of 1748
    A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by Shorty_J View Post
    Have you trained your phone spell check to ignore, or even worse, correct TO your unique typing style and lack of punctuation?

If not I can't imagine how long it takes you to type out a reply because my entire world literally slows down when I try to read most of your posts.

Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk
    i dont live on by or post on have apps 4 that device that must run yo life
    aint there an app to fix your problem? or an ignore function
    i got friends who are very skilled on their devices
    throwing all the fly line they puts on the reel
    nope aint no app fo dat
    thanks fer reading
    git back in the fast lane of life
    hurry so you dont miss sumthing
    you fear missing out on
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by brutah View Post
    sure do, and I've skied with plenty of mags. My stoke is easy to find. yours not so much,.

All your posts look like whining when I search for your forum posts. But congrats on starting the most toxic thread on this site (ie, the Caroline Gleich Harrassment thread), but I guess toxicity is your specialty?

So put up or shut up.
    Hah!! Oh no! Some loser just called me not core enough!!!

I better jump and put some “stoke” up or core bro won’t respect me!

Woe is me!!

LOL

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Yeah so I don't know or care how core anybody is on TGR but if somebody is dissing you maybe its something you said ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    Yeah so I don't know or care how core anybody is on TGR but if somebody is dissing you maybe its something you said ?
    So what?

thats above my pay grade so you will have to think hard about it yourslef
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by HotWax View Post
    All you healthy people can stop wearing masks. The obviously bullshit narrative that perfectly healthy people (asymptomatic) are infecting people through the air has been disproven: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32405162/

Masks do only harm and no good for healthy people. They reduce your oxygen intake while creating a disgusting surface for bacteria and viruses to thrive and then spread when you take your mask on and off. This doesn't even take into account the psychological detriments. Please stop wearing them. ESPECIALLY OUTDOORS!
    That study doesn't support what you are saying. At all.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    That study doesn't support what you are saying. At all.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using TGR Forums mobile app
    and even if it did, it doesn't speak to the issue of people who are infected, won't be asymptomatic, but have not yet displayed symptoms. It is my understanding that you become contagious before you experience symptoms.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

It is a troll. Try not to engage

All you healthy people can stop wearing masks. The obviously bullshit narrative that perfectly healthy people (asymptomatic) are infecting people through the air has been disproven: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32405162/

Masks do only harm and no good for healthy people. They reduce your oxygen intake while creating a disgusting surface for bacteria and viruses to thrive and then spread when you take your mask on and off. This doesn't even take into account the psychological detriments. Please stop wearing them. ESPECIALLY OUTDOORS!
    FFS no it doesn't say that at all.

Presymptomatic transmission is prime time for COVID and asymptomatic transmission is well documented thing at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Russian BOT?

Do bots post the same thing in 2 different forums?

I generally agree with not responding to trolls, especially to their opinions, but when there's a particular factual error--like masks reduce oxygen intake or that they contribute to spreading viruses and bacteria, it's worth correcting.

They post in as many as possible. Chinese trying to get clicks on their "study?"

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Do bots post the same thing in 2 different forums?

I generally agree with not responding to trolls, especially to their opinions, but when there's a particular factual error--like masks reduce oxygen intake or that they contribute to spreading viruses and bacteria, it's worth correcting.
    The BOTS in North Africa are aware of TGRs influence so yes.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Russian BOT?
    Is it time yet yet for greg@alpinezone to weigh in on how hot New Jersey babes dig guys who wear masks?

Sarcasm aside (in case there was any doubt), I'm all in on masks (notwithstanding, or maybe because of hot NJ babes)

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    Is it time yet yet for greg@alpinezone to weigh in on how hot New Jersey babes dig guys who wear masks?

Sarcasm aside (in case there was any doubt), I'm all in on masks (notwithstanding, or maybe because of hot NJ babes)

... Thom
    They're only hot until they open their mouths. No woman is beautiful enough to overcome a Joisey accent. (And no woman is too ugly to be improved by an Irish one.)

The Ethics of Outdorr Recreation in Times of COVID-19

They're only hot until they open their mouths. No woman is beautiful enough to overcome a Joisey accent. (And no woman is too ugly to be improved by an Irish one.)
    QFT
    Name:  IMG_9421.JPG
Views: 2475
Size:  100.2 KB

I was wrong about the significance of a positive in a disease with a low prevalence. Skizix and jono are right. If 1 % of the population has the disease and the false positive rate is 1% the chance that someone with a positive has the disease is 50%.
    This breaks it down pretty well: https://www.evaluate.com/vantage/art...ecific-problem

So if your test is 99% accurate, and 5% of the population is infected, you've got a 16% chance of a false positive. That's still enough to call the test worthless, for me. At 16%, you can't exactly be sure enough you've had it, that you can then walk around with impunity - I'd still be taking the exact same precautions I am now.

And besides, the jury is still out on whether having been infected gives you immunity. But the latest research is very promising. It is looking like folks who test positive a second time are not infectious - it is just non-viable fragments of the virus' rna kicking around, that are setting the test off. And tests with monkeys (poor saps) are looking like: once infected once, they cannot be again (monkeys are not humans, but...). And: https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020...-term-immunity

Quote Originally Posted by skizix View Post
    So if your test is 99% accurate, and 5% of the population is infected, you've got a 16% chance of a false positive. That's still enough to call the test worthless, for me. At 16%, you can't exactly be sure enough you've had it, that you can then walk around with impunity - I'd still be taking the exact same precautions I am now.
    Two things: if Abbot tested 1200 samples and found 99.5% specificity that's significantly better than 99%. Second, what matters is the actual spread among the tested population, not the spread among the general public. Selecting those more likely to have had the virus leads to a smaller number of false positives. How much more depends on the number of people tested. (I posted formulas for this a page back, but don't know how available the data is to use them.) But that 16% false positive guess is probably quite a bit higher than the actual figure for the Abbot test. Anything from about 2-8% might seem possible, but it's still a guess without real test data.

Does 97% chance of immunity seem useful? Because the sample of already infected and not reinfected is pretty large at this point to think antibodies don't confer immunity for at least a few months. At some point we will rely on much smaller samples to assess vaccines.

Pine trees dusting the environment, gave me the tree covid.

Sneezed 370 times today.
    watch out for snakes

Heh

https://www.9news.com/article/travel...5-e645082f866b

Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post

Sneezed 370 times today.
    Just think of it as nature's bukkake and you are the recipient. You're welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    Heh

https://www.9news.com/article/travel...5-e645082f866b

Nice you can just print up your own hateful notes and take them to that distillery and get smashed for free.

Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post

Sneezed 370 times today.
    One of the top ten reasons I don't miss living in the south. Growing up there, I just thought that was how life was going to be forever. I was allergic to everything, and had pretty bad asthma. Then I moved out west, and it just disappeared. Somehow though, I've developed new allergies in early spring the last few years, but that's only a few weeks a year instead of 6 months+

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    When I was in college some friend and I drove into the mountains to go hiking. Got back to his car after the hike and there was a note that said "Stupid fucking Okies go Home" (he had an Oklahoma license plate). Thought it was kinda weird that someone would get that mad about some folks going hiking in the woods.

There is still a slight, deeply hidden resentment of "Okies" in California. Bigotry is a hard foe to vanquish.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot