Salomon parts bin?

This is probably a long shot, but anybody got a STH2 / Warden heel sitting in their parts bin? I was dicking around in the garage - because no skiing - and dropped a Warden heel. The worm screw - forward pressure spring assembly decided to shoot itself across the garage. Found the worm screw and spring, but the little sheet metal tab that goes between them is MIA.

Name:  IMG_2798.jpg
Views: 487
Size:  30.2 KB

Any got one they could spare? Would gladly send beer $$.

Make a replacement using the one you have as a pattern - it's not exactly a precision part.

I just had a similar experience. Collected all the parts and now am having a bitch of a time getting that spring and tab back in place. I welcome advice.
    Sorry OP for the thread drift.

Good luck man. I did the same when I was installing mine and luckily found the little bugger. When you get a replacement make sure you get the orientation of the metal piece correct. If you put it in backwards the heel piece will slowly loosen leading to a embarrassing wipeout directly under the lift line.

I was able to pry it back in place with a lot of swearin and a couple beer breaks. I think I ended up having success with a butter knife and flathead screwdriver as my levers.
    Last edited by John_B; 03-22-2020 at 08:53 PM.

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one this happened to, feel slightly less stupid now....

Found the little fucker after 3 hrs of tearing apart the garage. In the very back of a tool chest drawer that was open maybe 4 inches.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Skistack View Post
    Found the little fucker after 3 hrs of tearing apart the garage. In the very back of a tool chest drawer that was open maybe 4 inches.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    This is made funnier by the number of times I have been there.

I saw an equation once for locating lost small parts. $10 minus the cost of the part X the difficulty of obtaining part (assign 1-10) + Number of hours you worked on the project = distance in inches the part can travel.

something like that
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Spring loaded detent balls are even worse, they roll under stuff...

Didn't realize Salomon was making packs now. Looks like they just started a couple months ago though, so that's probably why you haven't found any reviews.

I think you can be a lot less picky with day packs than backpacks since you typically don't carry nearly as much weight in them, so if it's for day hiking I'd go for it. For backpacking though I probably wouldn't. Even if it does fit nicely 35 is pretty small unless you're going ultralight