Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Cargo van sales are dominated by fleet purchases, and those decisions factor in reliability when estimating total cost of ownership. Which is why the poor reliability of Promasters means 1/3 the monthly sales of Ford Transits despite the cheaper purchase price.

You can build out a van for extended trips (and I suppose living in, if shit gets real) and preserve cargo capability but most retail van builds don’t have that ability. I built mine with a removable fridge and hinged platform bed that stores up by ceiling, so that I can haul large furniture or a cord of wood or a snowmachine etc. I’ve had a trucks with 6 ft bed forever and didn’t want to give up that ability completely.

I get asked about the van purchase thing a lot, and my answer is always the same: if you have a good 4x4 truck already, a slide in camper will be the easiest and cheapest solution.

good skiing w you! you saw my van, another vote for the promaster. mine's been bomber. just did 5 months in it, no issues. moose creek road is a great spot. bozeman in general is super easy. park anywhere..

showering is the only thing to nail down. helps to be single no dog etc.. super easy.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Canvas_Wall_Tent_Resized4_1920x.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	711.6 KB 
ID:	321843

With a stove these things are toasty in negative degree weather.

I went from a small 4x4 pickup to a Promaster, total upgrade. I'm a contractor so I built it out so I could either work out of it or use it as a camper for two of us and the dog. FWD gets me around just fine in a place that still has a foot of snow on the ground. Drives so much better.