Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Still no update

Reached out to Ikon yesterday and still no update. Recommence thumb twidling

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    Now imagine you’re there skinning the closed hill and the manager and his buddies are towing each other around with the work sleds, tracking it out way faster than skinners and hikers can.
    So you tell him it’s a bullshit move and he should be ashamed, and they ban you from the property for 12 months.
    Was uphill traffic allowed on the hill? I'm assuming yes, but I would advise not saying stuff like this, even though you are right.

That manager sounds like a power hungry asshole with a complex. Having said that, I would advise writing a letter and apologizing. I'm not saying you were wrong, while I have a limited amount of information you appear to be in the right, but he is in control here. I guess you have to weigh the utility of letting your anger out. When people have this sort of power over you it's not always a good idea to express your feelings in this way. I'm not saying your vitriol is not understandable, but they probably won't stop what they are doing and they can administer consequences, which you really can't unless you can affect them economically.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    Get and fit don't rhyme.

It's "you get what you get, and you don't get upset."

In any case, I'm sure we will now be able to purchase "Pandemic Insurance" from Vail for our Epic passes from now on.
    Hey man, that's what she learned at the Montessori. Maybe her teacher was a hayseed.

Quote Originally Posted by Vets View Post
    After rereading this thread, I had these thoughts.

I doubt that anyone is renewing either of these passes right now. Why would a consumer make a future purchase on a product that isn’t working now?
    Due to the uncertainty, it seems like we are all in a holding pattern.
    I am curious about what incentives will be offered to purchase an Epic or Ikon pass.
    Has anyone stopped to think that due to Vail's & Ikon's severe financial difficulties right now that they may just double the pass prices and we'll all be kicking ourselves later that we didn't buy early and lock in the current price?
    "The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size."

Quote Originally Posted by powpig View Post
    Has anyone stopped to think that due to Vail's & Ikon's severe financial difficulties right now that they may just double the pass prices and we'll all be kicking ourselves later that we didn't buy early and lock in the current price?
    I sure hope so... skiing everyday has been way to cheap for a while now, I would like to see pass the prices increase and daily ticket prices decrease. Are Boomers going to be traveling all the time once this thing comes back next winter?
    4 Time Balboa Open Champion

Quote Originally Posted by powpig View Post
    No, I actually hadn't stopped to consider that. However, if Epic and Ikon double the pass price, how many will they sell? Who will be buying? Just the 1%'ers I would imagine. Okay, probably some die hard 2%'ers who love to ski and have secure jobs.

No one should be sweating buying a ski pass right now. It's not worth the squeeze.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

More than 2% can afford a $1200-$2000 pass. It is not like Squaw Valley only had 2%ers buying passes a decade ago.

If they went this route, I doubt they would double prices, but they could increase them much more than the expected $100.

Kind of weird how long Alterra has been quiet on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Truckee Joe View Post
    I sure hope so... skiing everyday has been way to cheap for a while now, I would like to see pass the prices increase and daily ticket prices decrease. Are Boomers going to be traveling all the time once this thing comes back next winter?
    You should start a private ski hill so you can ski with a handful of rich folks and not have to deal with the unwashed masses.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    You should start a private ski hill so you can ski with a handful of rich folks and not have to deal with the unwashed masses.
    May I recommend naming it "Stelloyone"?
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Know anyone who wants to invest in a money losing operation?
    4 Time Balboa Open Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Truckee Joe View Post
    Know anyone who wants to invest in a money losing operation?
    Well Congress unanimously joined the President in giving TRILLIONS to bailout the banks yet again, so they fit your criteria.
    "The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size."

https://snowbrains.com/class-action-...-vail-resorts/

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

To Our Ikon Pass Community:

We hope this note finds you and those close to you healthy and well.

These are the days when we are particularly grateful for all those who share our devotion to winter in the mountains and find camaraderie within this passionate community. In these unprecedented times, we understand that the unknown can be difficult and today we hope to alleviate some of that by offering details regarding Ikon Pass and next winter.

As a valued member of our Ikon Pass community, we want to share our appreciation and gratitude with you by doubling your 20/21 renewal discount from $100 to up to $200 per Ikon Pass and from $50 to up to $100 per Ikon Base Pass. In addition to these savings, we are also giving you more time to renew your pass at the best value, until May 27, 2020. The zero interest payment plan also remains an option for you.

We recognize all of you who share our passion and enthusiasm, and find joy within this community. During this time off the slopes, we wish you and your snow crew continued connection and enthusiasm and we look forward to the days when all of us get out there again and enjoy adventures together.

We thank you for your enduring love of the mountains. Sweet days await us.

Be well. Your friends at Ikon Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

This definitely makes the JHole/Aspen addition kind of obsolete for people renewing. $750 for IKON Base + JHole/Aspen or $800 for full IKON, I know what to pick.

I'm glad that I upgraded to full IKON for 2020-2021 season. $200 discount for the win. I have not received any notice regarding an Epic discount, and may downsize to a local pass
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by gerritkwood View Post
    This definitely makes the JHole/Aspen addition kind of obsolete for people renewing. $750 for IKON Base + JHole/Aspen or $800 for full IKON, I know what to pick.
    Yeah, I was thinking of the same thing. Maybe they'll reduce the price of Jackson Hole / Aspen addition. Or, maybe they'll just leave that option in and see how many people don't notice the difference.

At this pint no change to the add on option. Still $150.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPow View Post
    https://snowbrains.com/class-action-...-vail-resorts/

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    VR will go with the Force Majeure route and claim that state's governments shut 'er down. Lawyers will make some coin, and that's about it.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Not sure if this has been covered but, with the Epic Pass it includes the full 2020 season in Perisher in Australia. If Australia doesn't have any season whatsoever which looks quite possible, do you think Vail would make a concession then? Or give 19/20 passholders 2021 Perisher access? Of course there are going to be lots of Australians who have bought passes to Perisher (Epic Australia most likely) who may get zero days and wouldn't Epic pass holders be able to claim the same loss of services if anything is granted to Epic Australia passholders? Ikon also has South American, NZ & Aus resorts that are unlikely to operate. What will the handling of that be? Great year to buy both passes and an full Epic pass....

Epic just processed 20% credits. That is $188 for full pass and $140 for local's pass.

Strange part is that while I used my pass 40 days and my daughter used her pass 6 days, we both received the same 20% discount
    Last edited by schindlerpiste; 05-13-2020 at 03:33 PM.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Did anyone get an email from epic for "Turn in your ticket"? WTF? Admittedly, my mind is a bit cloudy right now, but I couldn't make heads or tails of what they are offering.

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    Epic just processed 20% credits. That is $188 for full pass and $140 for local's pass.

Strange part is that while I used my pass 40 days and my daughter used her pass 6 days, we both received the same 20% discount
    Based on number of days used up to 5 days. 5 or more is a 20 %.

That I get and received an email a week ago. I am referring to the "Turn In Your Ticket" email that I received today. Is there an additional discount on top of the 20%?

Got the same "Turn in your ticket" email today. This is an extension of an existing pre-COVID program, which I was to look into during my trip in March that got canceled. Basically, if you bought a "lift ticket" and not a pass, a portion of that ticket cost can be applied to tickets/passes for next season. I was taking both of my kids on the canceled march trip for which I bought 5 of 8-day lift tickets for each which Vail took over 2 months to refund, however, I now have a $120 savings code for each kid on their unused fully refunded 2020 tickets (they were about $625, CAD, after-tax each). Sucked that I lost 20% and 100% of the taxes I paid for my unused 5-day edge card, but at least the kids get a discount now for the return trip next year. The math shows Vail gave me future year credit equivalent to one of the 5 days we paid for despite having refunded me 100% of the ticket. I'll take it!

Sugar Bowl just announced a guaranteed 100 days open with a 1% next season credit for every day under 100 it's not open. Also a $150 resort credit for food, lessons, rentals etc, for passes bought before Oct 31.