Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    That is a solid offer. Wish I was close enough to go for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by M_R View Post
    Got the same "Turn in your ticket" email today. This is an extension of an existing pre-COVID program, which I was to look into during my trip in March that got canceled. Basically, if you bought a "lift ticket" and not a pass, a portion of that ticket cost can be applied to tickets/passes for next season. I was taking both of my kids on the canceled march trip for which I bought 5 of 8-day lift tickets for each which Vail took over 2 months to refund, however, I now have a $120 savings code for each kid on their unused fully refunded 2020 tickets (they were about $625, CAD, after-tax each). Sucked that I lost 20% and 100% of the taxes I paid for my unused 5-day edge card, but at least the kids get a discount now for the return trip next year. The math shows Vail gave me future year credit equivalent to one of the 5 days we paid for despite having refunded me 100% of the ticket. I'll take it!
    I got that mail today, too.
    Between now being 65 and having purchased a ticket at heavenly this last season I'm getting a cheap pass this year, like $399, maybe less.
    Has anyone else gotten the code you have to submit in the application to get your discount on the Epic pass?

I had 6 or 7 friends who I bought day passes for thru my buddy passes. Each ticket cost $110. Today, I received codes for $102 for each ticket purchased. Each code is under the friends' name.
    I think that this potentially benefits each friend, and not me personally
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

^^^^did they ski on those tickets? And they are getting a $102 credit back, so a day pass cost $8. Solid.

I bought day tickets at Stowe in February at the window and paid $149 (last minute, game time decision based on the weather) for my son and I. I received a, "Turn in Your Ticket" email yesterday with codes for my son and I for $149 off the cost of next year's passes for the both of us.
    Because rich has nothing to do with money.

Quote Originally Posted by spanky View Post
    I bought day tickets at Stowe in February at the window and paid $149 (last minute, game time decision based on the weather) for my son and I. I received a, "Turn in Your Ticket" email yesterday with codes for my son and I for $149 off the cost of next year's passes for the both of us.
    Got the same exact codes for my daughter and I....We skied Stowe early March on Friends/Family 50% off tickets....codes showed up in email yesterday for 75.00/70.00 towards next year.....I’ll take em, but wondering why...cuz we did ski that day.

Pretty cool, just got 2 teen restricted 5-day edge cards for $586 CAD using the "turn in your ticket" credit for my 100% fully refunded and unused kids tickets, which is $50 cheeper than a single teen 5 day ticket was costing me just 60 days ago, in tolal just paid $700 CAD for three 5 day edge cards, now its realy costing a bit more as I already paid for an edge card last year which wasn't used but pretty happy with the outcome non the less. My edge card is $115 more that it realy should be but we are up $240 on the kids cards so looking about $125 ahead which makes up for Vail keeping 20% of last years unused edge card purchase.

2020 in Hindsight

Quote Originally Posted by MrPow View Post
    (Page 5 - Post #109)

No models. But there is plenty of evidence from china, korea and singapore that as social distancing rules get relaxed there will be 2nd and 3rd waves. Secondly - viruses do perk up more in winter months. Till we have a vaccine - which by all accounts will not be out till June 2021 at the earliest - we won't be rid of Covid. So there is no guarantee that ski resorts will be fully functional next winter. I would not be surprised if they do open - trams and gondolas would not be, 2 people in a 6 person chair lift, no food/bar service - might be the norm.
    Some resorts might open just for uphill climbers !!!

sounds depressing - but very likely.
    Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    (Page 5 - Post #115)

Or, instead, how about this?

As labs around the world continue research, they determine just how this thing is transferred so easily. Assume it's just breathing from asymptomatic carriers early on in infection. Public realizes this is a big fucking deal and we all shift to wearing masks in public, spread slows down, businesses and activities are slooooowwwly opened back up again in 2-3 week steps.

In the meantime, some sort of treatment is discovered that significantly eases the load on hospitals and reduces mortality. Mask use continues, regular domestic air travel resumes.

Now testing of populations is happening, and its also discovered that a lot of people have had this thing and are now immune. Spread of new cases is actually decreasing, and more businesses open back up.

Home testing is figured out, and hey cool now you can do a home test and wear something like a red wristband if you're still at risk or a green one if you've already had this bitch. Then people know who to watch out for and who doesn't need to worry.

Vaccine is released early. Like all the experts are saying "holy shit that was impossibly fast." Medical workers and 'important people' immunized (many already had green wristbands anyway).

The entire planet is determined to solve the problems of virus containment AND resumption of economic activities. Tourism and leisure are huge industries and they will not be left out.

That's my optimistic hot take. I have faith in humanity.
    A year in to the pandemic it's interesting to read back through this thread. Not sure anyone saw the future with 100% accuracy, but a few folks had some key pieces right.

Public realizes this is a big fucking deal and we all shift to wearing masks in public...

Sheesh, if only.

I saw a post in another thread where someone with an unused IKON pass for this 20/21 season rolled it over to next season. As far as I know that is not something VR is offering for their Epic passes - has anyone heard different?

Quote Originally Posted by fomofo View Post
    A year in to the pandemic it's interesting to read back through this thread. Not sure anyone saw the future with 100% accuracy, but a few folks had some key pieces right.

Public realizes this is a big fucking deal and we all shift to wearing masks in public...

Sheesh, if only.

I saw a post in another thread where someone with an unused IKON pass for this 20/21 season rolled it over to next season. As far as I know that is not something VR is offering for their Epic passes - has anyone heard different?
    Epic touted themselves as having great pass protection for COVID related issues like job loss and resort closure, but it’s also somewhat vague. I tried to file a “claim” this week since we won’t be able to use our four day passes that we carried over from last year. We got rubber stamp denied in less than 24 hours. I replied asking about why and haven’t heard back. It’s being handled by a third party. When I filed, the rep I talked to asked if I wanted a refund or carryover and I said refund. It sounds like they are handled differently, with the refund being more the third party process and carryover maybe more internal. Since it looks like the refund is being rejected, I’ll try to go the carryover route next.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

-^^^ what was the reason you provided? When I looked at EPIC it sounded like you needed to have a job loss or other such thing to get a refund. Not just that you decided not to ski. Even if that decision was a Covid related. Hence why I did not purchase a Vail product this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    -^^^ what was the reason you provided? When I looked at EPIC it sounded like you needed to have a job loss or other such thing to get a refund. Not just that you decided not to ski. Even if that decision was a Covid related. Hence why I did not purchase a Vail product this year.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0146.JPG 
Views:	103 
Size:	492.0 KB 
ID:	366120

This is what they list as qualifying events. We said “mandatory quarantine” as our reason since my daughter would have to quarantine for school if she travels out of state. I tried to be vague and they didn’t even enquire for more detail. Just flat out rejected in less than 12 hours. I’m not surprised.

The vague part is the last bullet point that says “and more.”

I never trust “and more” from a Corp. that means nothing. Beat of luck tho.

What state are you in? Did you have any Stay at Home orders? That might help.

No, he did not...offered a lame excuse, was intentionally vague, got rejected for a refund, now wants a rollover, and before getting an answer, complained on TGR.

Sent from my SM-A115U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by amoeba View Post
    No, he did not...offered a lame excuse, was intentionally vague, got rejected for a refund, now wants a rollover, and before getting an answer, complained on TGR.

Fuck off, Jong. I didn’t complain about shit. Merely shared my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by jerlane View Post
    Fuck off, Jong. I didn’t complain about shit. Merely shared my experience.

yes you did, now you proclaimed yourself a asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by amoeba View Post
    yes you did, now you proclaimed yourself a asshole.

Thanks for the enlightening commentary.

Sheesh, if only.
    We did in Canada, or at least the part where I live. I go out to any store or public location and see 100% mask use. I actually feel very safe, all things considered.

Still waiting on my home rapid test, though!

Name:  Epic_teaser.jpg
Views: 366
Size:  45.5 KB

Someone here must be in the know.

my guess is they're announcing this extended spring season... all marketing and they'll pawn it off as customer appreciation

Oh boy, can’t wait. HopefullyVail is closing shop on Epic.....yeah right. I bet they name another resort or two, increase prices by 10% and expect a thank you.
    Yesterday Vail did extend PCMR through April 11. Hopefully will get some snow and cold temps because that South facing is looking boney again
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by jerlane View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0146.JPG 
Views:	103 
Size:	492.0 KB 
ID:	366120

This is what they list as qualifying events. We said “mandatory quarantine” as our reason since my daughter would have to quarantine for school if she travels out of state. I tried to be vague and they didn’t even enquire for more detail. Just flat out rejected in less than 12 hours. I’m not surprised.

The vague part is the last bullet point that says “and more.”
    That's some real bullshit there, even if it was vague and poorly explained that should have qualified.

From a recent IKON marketing email...

As with last year, every Ikon Pass comes with Adventure Assurance, including credits in the case of COVID-19 closures and the option to defer the value of an unused pass – no questions asked.

IKON is clearly accommodating their user base.

Guess we'll see what 3/23 brings.

From a recent IKON marketing email...

As with last year, every Ikon Pass comes with Adventure Assurance, including credits in the case of COVID-19 closures and the option to defer the value of an unused pass – no questions asked.

IKON is clearly accommodating their user base.

Guess we'll see what 3/23 brings.
    From tonight's press release: "We are excited to launch our 2021/2022 lineup of Epic Pass products on March 23, 2021."
    Gimme five, I'm still alive!
    Ain't no luck, I learned to duck!

In my inbox today.

Thank you for being an Ikon Pass holder. Your 20/21 Adventure Assurance selection qualifies you for a credit towards the purchase of a 21/22 Ikon Pass. Click here to find out the full details.

Beginning April 19, your Adventure Assurance credit will be deposited in 'My Account' and you can use your credit to renew your Ikon Pass for the 21/22 season.

SET A REMINDER

Adventure Assurance credit will be deposited beginning April 19

21/22 IKON PASS

Keep the stoke high in 21/22 by claiming exclusive renewal discounts of up to $100 and savings of up to $200 on Child passes. This spring, you can lock next season’s adventure in with a limited time offer payment plan for as low as $0 down and 0% APR†.

CLAIM UP TO $100
    With Your Exclusive Renewal Discounts

Renew and save $100 on an Ikon Pass

Renew and save $80 on an Ikon Base Pass
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch