4FRNT Hoji CC Skis... for dudes with packs?

I was looking to pick up some 179cm Hojis, on sale. The Hojis have sold out but there are still some Hoji CC skis still available.

My understanding is that the only difference is that the thickest part of the core has been moved back 5 cm. It is not really clear to me how much of an effect that would have on how they ski. For someone that normally wears a pack and skis with a relatively centered stance, would there be a significant difference in how the CC performs?

For reference, I am a 5'10" 180 lb dude (prison/climber build) that normally wears a 10 lb pack.

4FRNT Hoji CC Skis... for dudes with packs?

No idea on the women’s but I may have some 187’s I’m looking to offload. They’re unused in plastic and a couple years old.

I’m 6’2”, 170 and wear around the same weight pack.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

very minimal effect

that ski is a TON of fun, and skis VERY short. 179 might not be enought?

I would consider CJ pair of 187cm.

CJ: how much for the 187 pair?

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    very minimal effect

that ski is a TON of fun, and skis VERY short. 179 might not be enought?

I would consider CJ pair of 187cm.

CJ: how much for the 187 pair?
    Whatever would be considered fair/reasonable as I’m willing to sit on them until my mounted pair die. They’re the white and blue ones. Just thinking about getting them out of my crawl space as I haven’t skied much recently.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Karl_H View Post
    (prison/climber build) .
    Please explain what a 'prison/climber build' is.

I have the older womens 187 hojis and it is one of my favorite skis ever. I heard a bunch of marketing mumbo jumbo and I also heard people say you won't notice the difference. I didn't get a chance to ski the other layup but I wouldn't change a thing. This was when they just called it HojiW instead of CC but I think the idea is the same that they do something they think won't really matter and then put a big spin on it.

Mine have a hut same as the blue ones with a hut which is probably what CJ is talking about. Maybe I need a back up. Hmmmmm