Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Any accountants out there willing to share how I pay myself out of the 529 account for room and board while my kid is eating me out if house and home?

Besides, ski sales are going on.
    Yes! If we could get half the semester room and meal.plan back that would help a lot but yeah, tapping those accounts wouldn't be a bad thing.

The great thing about 529 is that you can have the money deposited into your account and then you can use it as you see fit. The worst that can happen is that if the money is deemed no used for education then you may incur a receive a 10% penalty on the interest accrued. No penalty is incurred on principal.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Fuck on-line college classes. I want my $ back

Got notice today....

-All out/off campus/out of town by 3/30.....definitive decision for rest of semester online.

-1,000 credit for housing (towards next year)

-Prorate credit for meal plan (towards next year)

At least it’s something...now have to go back up again, get the rest of daughters stuff, and restock the beer fridge....lol

*also got word that PA schools are closed an additional 2 weeks....

Yeah, expecting a webcam type deal, if only one way, seems fair.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Just got notice that my masters program is giving us the choice .. Letter grade or Pass/Fail - just have to 'declare' if we want to change to pass/fail by apr 30. So I guess if I'm at a D- I'll declare that I want pass/fail?

So it looks like we will be getting a refund for the half of the semester that wasn't used. Woot

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    So it looks like we will be getting a refund for the half of the semester that wasn't used. Woot
    You lucky devil.

Summer term due June5.
    Full value.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Tucker View Post
    I'm paying 35-40k annually for an out-of-state poly si degree (kid) and it's just about to kill me. Told him at the onset that's a great route to delivering pizzas. Kid though, he's got a 3.91 after three semesters and seems to have a real passion for it. So maybe pizza delivery assistant manager Good kid though. neve been a bit of trouble.
    Oooh, trust me, a Political science degree will put him squarely in the driver's seat of a Honda Civic cvcc pushing pies.

Lots of Poly. Sci. majors clogging up our law schools. I see him leasing a beemer by age 30.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Hey, I was a poli sci major! Oh, wait...
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I was a history and poli sci double major, so there.

Never leased or owned a BMW though...
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Hey, I was a poli sci major! Oh, wait...
    A strange and cautionary tale.