Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Build kicker, program for warp speed?

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Build kicker, program for warp speed?
    Roomba switch to the living room?

I hate our vac. Wife loves it. Fucking thing goes in circles.
    If you buy one get the room mapping feature.

Sky net will thank you.

If you want to drive yourself fucking bonkers watch an older Roomba. I couldn’t do it.

The new one does a mapping run first use then it actually cleans in rows.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I think I need to upgrade to one with mapping.

My Eufy with "dumb" navigation was fine in my old place. The random turning plus occasional "follow the baseboard mode" actually worked great. Especially if you ran it daily on a timer, it pretty much managed to cover everything. You obviously still need a real deep vacuuming on occasion, but it kept dust and pet/wife hair in line.

But it really struggles with the layout in our new place. Ends up going to the same places over and over and the way we have arranged furniture creates some traps that it likes to get stuck in.

Oh, and I now have a second floor with relatively thick wall to wall carpeting. Not sure how to handle that.

If I bring the robot upstairs, the little front brushes will literally tangle themselves in the carpet and get stuck...If I get a smarter one for the other floor, I guess I could try running the old Eufy upstairs with the dust brushes removed (they probably don't do much on carpet anyways).

Otherwise the Eufy has been great. Paid $150 for it in 2017, have since replaced the battery once, the brush roller once after it got caught on a piece of metal wire that ripped it up, and lubed the gearbox a couple times to avoid squealing. Oh and the front brushes, but those are meant to be consumable and it even came with multiple sets in the the box.

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Skynet has that, you should talk to them.
    We got a Roomba i7 or some such last year. It was fine until it became self aware. As in it became aware all it was is a robotic vacuum and decided to do its own thing. Our dog doesn't like it. One of these days the dog is going to go all Sarah Connor on that thing.

In terms of cleaning, it does well on hardwood floors. I guess it's okay but not amazing.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1655051660.064271.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	375.8 KB 
ID:	418657

Roomba encountered an immovable object on its job yesterday while I was out.

We got a Roomba i7 or some such last year. It was fine until it became self aware. As in it became aware all it was is a robotic vacuum and decided to do its own thing. Our dog doesn't like it. One of these days the dog is going to go all Sarah Connor on that thing.

Quote Originally Posted by mad23e View Post
    Turn off the schedule and just run it manually when needed.

If that doesn’t work go into the settings on the App and reboot or click the factory reset option.

Don’t let a robot control you man!

Holy Dog Poop! Upgraded from our old 900 series (one too many poop pile encounters) to a J7 - NIGHT AND DAY!!
    Much quieter, maps, photos, head light. It did, however, just try to go out the back door to clean the back yard.
    Hilarious photos of dogs' asses (moving obstacle ??).

I’m a big fan of Roborock vacuums. I bought an S5 in 2019 and it runs almost every day. Only gripe is that I have to empty the dust bin practically every day (damn dog hair/dander). It is almost frightening how much it picks up… and we’re only 3 people with 1 dog.
    Because rich has nothing to do with money.

I had a cheap Eufy 11s that I was very happy with for years. I upgraded to the G30 and it was awful; my recommendation would be to go for a basic model or actual smart model with LIDAR and stuff instead of the in-between ones. Have a Roborock S7 now and it’s fantastic.

Whatever model you get, take the time to prep your house. For instance, I secured all loose cords by tacking them to the baseboards. Well worth the effort for seamless operation.