Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Co-worker had a geriatric dog with surprise!! POOP!! issues. She also had a robocalls-sucker. It was not a pretty sight when it proceeded to smear 3 accidents around her lighter colored living room carpet.
    Gravity. It's the law.

. . .

the wife has been advocating for a robot vacuum for a while. since our 10 y/o dyson has been beginning to struggle, we decided to try explore this brave new world. I found a roborock s5 refurb on amazon for like $350. so far so good.

Wallstrasse 28, Hessen, 35321, Laubach, Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody Famous View Post
    Any opinions or reviews?Have been thinking about one for a living room/dining room with hardwood floors. The new, high end models have on board cameras presumably so when you're away from the house you can see the vacuum doing its thing under tables and sofas.
    If you ask me for advice I would suggest you use Roomba 655. I am using it, is good enough and also has a long-lasting battery.I lost the link where i got the reviews couple of weeks back. I searched a little bit online. That is also good enough i already read it you may check,https://vacuumsadvisor.com/irobot-roomba-650-vs-655/

Got this one and it’s been great. Empty’s it’s dirt into an easy container to remove and throw away. Smart and was on sale at Best Buy.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1637586559.257830.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	69.5 KB 
ID:	393618

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

We have a Roomba 8+ we got at Costco, the thing is amazing. Best vacuum we ever owned, and I have had numerous Kirbys.
    Click. Point. Chute.

^^ agreed, our 7+ changed our day to day life as my wife used to vacuum every other day.

We have had it since Amazon day and it’s paid us back in so much time!

Make sure to clean the filter and buy a big set of new rollers and sweeps as they die after a while.

In my experience using Yeedi, robot vacuum really helps me in cleaning my house altogether. The fee I spent every month for maid is a bit too high in my opinion, and this technology can help cut the cost.

Lol. The bots think we have maids.

Helpful bot. I was looking for this thread the other day.

Updated my old 600 series Roomba to the new Roomba J7 model (still mid price range)

Thing is amazing. Brush was replaced with a rubber brush that doesn’t get clogged with hair. You let it map your house and you can draw specific zones for it to clean when you want.

If it hits obstacles it sends you a picture of the obstacle and you can instruct it to avoid it on future cleanings if needed. Supposedly has a animal poop guarantee that it won’t spread shit through the house.

https://www.irobot.com/roomba/j-series

Yes, big thanks to the bot and to our vaccubot friends.

We've been loving our S4Max, paid $280 for it on this past Black Friday. Not super fancy, but it does a pretty solid job cleaning and takes about 5min of my time to setup/reset furniture and drapes in our furniture for it to run. Way less time then cleaning ourselves and keeps the house much cleaner by doing it more often.

Quote Originally Posted by axebiker View Post
    Co-worker had a geriatric dog with surprise!! POOP!! issues. She also had a robocalls-sucker. It was not a pretty sight when it proceeded to smear 3 accidents around her lighter colored living room carpet.
    I realize this is a 2-year-old quote, and this was bumped by bots, but this happened to us and it sucked so bad. Our hardwood floors looked like someone had played pong with shit. Every single crevice of the Roomba was filled with shit. We just threw it away and bought a new one. Was worth whatever it cost to not have to try (and fail) to clean it.

Quote Originally Posted by kathleenturneroverdrive View Post
    I realize this is a 2-year-old quote, and this was bumped by bots, but this happened to us and it sucked so bad. Our hardwood floors looked like someone had played pong with shit. Every single crevice of the Roomba was filled with shit. We just threw it away and bought a new one. Was worth whatever it cost to not have to try (and fail) to clean it.
    Roomba now introduced the POOP Promise. No joke.

https://www.irobot.com/pet-promise

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Roomba now introduced the POOP Promise. No joke.

https://www.irobot.com/pet-promise

Video is pretty funny. They studied over 100 models of shit.

https://youtu.be/KferFFm4ox4

Been thinking about a robo vac for a while. Since the recs in this thread are 2 years old, what are people using these days?

I don't want a robot vacuum that avoids spreading the shit. I want a robot vacuum that picks up the shit. And blots up the piss and sprays Nature's Miracle on the spot.

Skynet has that, you should talk to them.

Quote Originally Posted by PeachesNCream View Post
    Been thinking about a robo vac for a while. Since the recs in this thread are 2 years old, what are people using these days?
    The same ones we were using 2 years ago.

We have the Roomba 8 from Costco. Awesome, does an amazing job.

https://www.skitalk.com/threads/thin...-roomba.24238/
    Click. Point. Chute.

Pick our roomba 7 last year on prime day. The thing is great. Highly recommend. Run it scheduled Tues/Thur and after meals in the kitchen.

Living solo, no pets or kids so I'm thinking of going with a pretty basic model. Bad idea? I've never been a fan of cheap, but I am a big fan of simple.

Also I've got a 100 year old house with floors that are different levels. For example, the kitchen floor is 3/4 of an inch higher than the living room. How will the robo vac handle that? Will it always be getting stuck in the living room?

Living solo, no pets or kids so I'm thinking of going with a pretty basic model. Bad idea? I've never been a fan of cheap, but I am a big fan of simple.

Also I've got a 100 year old house with floors that are different levels. For example, the kitchen floor is 3/4 of an inch higher than the living room. How will the robo vac handle that? Will it always be getting stuck in the living room?
    Yes. It will get stuck.

We got a Shark. Forget which model, but it was $400-ish. Got it because it was $100 cheaper than the comparable roomba.

Works pretty well. It automatically dumps it's bin into the docking station, so we only have to empty the docking station every few weeks. That's a big improvement over the cheaper models, although sometimes the port the bin empties out of gets jammed. Aside from that it has the usual features for a mid tier model; maps the house, and you can tell it which rooms to clean. It rarely gets stuck, and generally works without issue. We don't have a dog at the moment, so no idea on poop avoidance.

We got the Roborock S4Max for $270. It's got lidar so it can map spaces and knows where it's gone. Cheaper robo vaccum options just drive around bumping to figure out the room. More expensive ones have mopping, bigger waste bins, auto-empty waste bins, etc etc. I felt like this was the best value for a smart machine that can map rooms and be run easily from your phone.

Our machine can lift itself to get onto rugs/transitions. Not sure about 3/4" but it handles ~1/2" just fine.

The land of Genesee Cream Ale and homemade pierogies!
    Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post

Yes. It will get stuck.

Maybe it's time to do a small home improvement in the form of a flooring threshold. Look for an experienced flooring guy. 3/4 inch is kinda a lot for a traditional threshold, but flooring guys will have ideas.
    “The best argument in favour of a 90% tax rate on the rich is a five-minute chat with the average rich person.”

- Winston Churchill, paraphrased.